21 (38.2%)
have a drivers' license but dont have a car
11 (20%)
have a car but not a valid license and drive illegally
5 (9.1%)
dont have a license nor car and dont drive
18 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: do you drive?  (Read 5688 times)

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
Re: do you drive?
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 09:13:02 pm »
Used to drive an Audio 5000s, but sort of inherited my mom's Nissan X-Terra a few years ago.  I've been legally on the road for about 6 years now.  Never crashed, or even received any sort of moving violation.  I drive every day and work as a delivery guy for a paper company.  I hate driving and I wish I had the patience to take the bus everywhere.

Offline RafiPZ

• Soldier
  • You can't spell awesome without ME!
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 09:33:16 pm »
Yeah license and car. It was pretty exciting until I began to drive to college everyday and get stuck in traffic  :-\

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 12:55:15 am »
I drive to work every weekday in this pimpmobile:

Well, you know, not THAT one.  One like it.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 01:01:04 am »
I hate driving and I wish I had the patience to take the bus everywhere.

Why?
There are other worlds than these

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 03:45:42 am »
I have a car, but I'll take riding my bike and the bus over driving any day of the week.

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 10:27:32 am »
I'm 19 without both, I'm the guy that bums rides from people.

Offline Guile

• Major(1)
  • It's better to burn out than fade away.
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 11:32:07 am »
How come you can buy so new cars? Do you mind telling how much do cars in US cost? (2003 - 2007). I'd have to work my ass off to buy that new car.

"They say death takes you to a better place" - Felipe Coronel

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 06:13:03 pm »
I hate driving and I wish I had the patience to take the bus everywhere.

Why?
Because everyone besides me is a terrible driver, and I always feel like I'm dodging other people's obstacles.  It takes way too much energy to drive, and I often drive during rush hour.  My entire city is plagued with never-ending road construction because the civil engineers (the lowest form of engineer) can't heed the metro council's advise to BUILD STUFF FOR THE FUTURE, rather than for the moment.  I hit more than 5 round-abouts on my way to classes, and half of the dumb mother fuckers in my city still treat these things like stop lights, even though they've been installed now for over 5 fucking years.  I have the worst road rage in the world, because in my eyes, every single problem with the roads (including mild afternoon congestion, which I rightfully attribute to dumbass rubberneckers trying to catch what's going on by the flashing lights) is entirely the fault of criminally stupid drivers, who should never have been given a pass to drive any sort of machinery, let alone a deadly 2-ton ground-rocket.

Seriously, eliminate class C licenses and make everyone take the test for a class B.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 03:13:15 am »
I can drive but I hate it. It's scary and dangerous and boring at the same time, not a good combination.
I didn't get my license before going to college because insurance would be over a hundred dollars a month and I don't even have a car so its pointless. The bus system where I live is good enough.

Offline Taxi

• Soldier
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 07:11:44 am »
I have license for 6 years now and drive everyday. My beautifull car is in attachments (that one isn't mine, its similar).
[S][K]Taxi

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 12:30:35 am »
Don't have anything yet, but considering getting a driver's license because it might get handy at times. I don't mind taking a ~20 min bike trip to the uni and back every day. It's refreshing (:

DarkCrusade

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 01:41:04 am »
I need a license for next year's WACKEN! :)

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 06:31:29 pm »
I need a license for next year's WACKEN! :)
i am sorry but why would you drive to wagon when there are all manner of buses making the same trip.  driving will be more expensive and traffic + parking will suck really hard

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 12:51:27 pm »
can i get a what what for honda accords?
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 01:25:15 pm »
i am sorry but why would you drive to wagon when there are all manner of buses making the same trip.  driving will be more expensive and traffic + parking will suck really hard

I don't think it's that easy to carry tons of beer with you by train, really

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
  • Polybugger off, I'm mapping! D:
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 04:36:30 pm »
My entire city is plagued with never-ending road construction because the civil engineers (the lowest form of engineer) can't heed the metro council's advise to BUILD STUFF FOR THE FUTURE, rather than for the moment.

This sounds suspiciously like my city, And why I insist on taking the bus anywhere I can't otherwise get to by bus. Drivers in this city ARE %^&*'N crazy.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
WARNING: This thread may contain nuts!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

- LIST OF MY MAPS ON TMS -

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 09:40:59 pm »

I don't think it's that easy to carry tons of beer with you by train, really
Man, last time I went to a festival in Germany, the train was packed full of dudes with camping-backpacks, which themselves were packed full of booze.  Even if you feel like you're coming up short of space, just hang out at the entrance gate and take all of the booze in glass containers that people are being forced to throw out, and put them in your own plastic containers.  This is also a good tip for every gathering in general, and cut my costs down last year by 100% (because alcohol was my sustenance for the entire 3 day festival, awh yeah.)
My entire city is plagued with never-ending road construction because the civil engineers (the lowest form of engineer) can't heed the metro council's advise to BUILD STUFF FOR THE FUTURE, rather than for the moment.

This sounds suspiciously like my city, And why I insist on taking the bus anywhere I can't otherwise get to by bus. Drivers in this city ARE %^&*'N crazy.
Minneapolis!  But I imagine a lot of cities are undergoing some pretty heavy construction 'cos winter's coming up.  Minneapolis is in a more unfortunate situation because we had a major bridge collapse a few years ago, which triggered a reconstruction of our entire interstate highway system.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:42:53 pm by n00bface »

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 09:53:12 pm »
I've always been a bicycle guy, never understood the whole 'car' thing. I ride a Raleigh Sports hub gear 3-speed, thinking of upgrading it to a 4 or 5-speed. Looks like this, except with two steel saddle baskets, and much much more rust. I also used to have a headlamp and a dynamo generator but some asshole took the hardware.

It was nice to do the nine-mile bike ride into town once or twice a week, then I could ride the bus back. I've also done some great exploration trips by bike, so that whole deal has been fun most of the time. Keyword, "most." I got a job in town last summer, so I was doing that nine-mile ride four, five times a week. Biking home (uphill) late at night was not fun.

I finally got enough forms of identification to get a driver's permit, so now I'm looking at mopeds. I'd been trying to get a permit for three years now, never had the paperwork for it. Got into college and a s**t-ton of new paperwork came my way— bingo. I'm saving up for a Peugeot or Motobécane. Shouldn't take very long.

120 m.p.g., I could spange for gas.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Guile

• Major(1)
  • It's better to burn out than fade away.
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2010, 03:51:38 am »
Dude, if you're a bicycle guy then get a car or a modern motorbike. There is no better feeling than driving fast, and that awesome acceleration! DAYUM!

I'm sure that bicycles are health and all but cars/motorbikes are incredible.

btw: that 5cc moped won't do more than 10 mph.

"They say death takes you to a better place" - Felipe Coronel

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2010, 12:26:42 pm »
Err, mopeds are 49cc. 25-30 mph, depending on whether or not you have a passenger.

I don't really like driving fast. I drove a little nissan pickup truck around the mountains when I was working for a contracting firm, and I could never take it comfortably above 35... I've always kind of been a grandpa about speed. 30mph is definitely fast enough for me.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day