Author Topic: Why hello there!  (Read 5635 times)

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
Re: Why hello there!
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 07:39:10 am »
Playing Fallout 3, for 4 hours, since I got a new graphics card, and it looks HAWT! Oh and drinking unhealthy amounts of Monster Energy :P

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 08:58:06 am »
Keep your dirty mouth off me!
Sorry if I'm insolent.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 09:45:01 am »
Keep your dirty mouth off me!

I knew it :o

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 02:03:57 pm »
Realizing I'm getting old

ahahahahahahaha damn i really thought you were serious there for a minute hahaha

I put the drinking and partying behind me.

ahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2010, 02:22:43 pm »
Realizing I'm getting old

ahahahahahahaha damn i really thought you were serious there for a minute hahaha

I put the drinking and partying behind me.

ahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I could never fool you, kitten!
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2010, 03:43:40 pm »
starting a nanobrewery.  been working on an automation control panel for my 50 gallon hot liquor tank and mash tun with my dad.  just a few months away from making my first legitimate official nanobrew'd 31 gallon barrel.

How is that different from a microbrew?
There are other worlds than these

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 06:35:33 pm »
starting a nanobrewery.  been working on an automation control panel for my 50 gallon hot liquor tank and mash tun with my dad.  just a few months away from making my first legitimate official nanobrew'd 31 gallon barrel.

How is that different from a microbrew?
It has to do with how many barrels of beer are produced in a year.  A lot of people just go by brewing capacity though, and I define a microbrewery as a brewery making >7 barrel per batch, whereas 31 gallons is only 1 barrel.  So I'll be 7x smaller than the smallest microbrewery.  Although there's the possibility that I produce at a faster rate than most microbreweries.

My plan is to sell to pubs around the downtown area and perhaps take over my aunt's bar and turn it into a brewpub.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 07:04:10 pm »
So you're really going through with this, huh?

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 07:35:04 pm »

My plan is to sell to pubs around the downtown area and perhaps take over my aunt's bar and turn it into a brewpub.

Sounds pretty nice. What shall you name your brew?
Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 08:06:39 pm »
It will be "The n00beer"

/terrible
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 04:12:59 am »
So you're really going through with this, huh?
aw yeah, I invested ~4,000$ into a stainless kettle, mash tun, and hot liquor tank, and I've still got about another 5,000$ to go before I have an automated system with the conical fermenting space that such large batches require!  The production run of the kettles doesn't begin until January, so I've got a little time before I have to finish with the pumps and control panel.  My dad's in charge of industrial controls at a ginormous electrical company, so we're gonna have a computer rigged with rsview to control everything through a web interface.  I'll be able to brew from another country :o

Sounds pretty nice. What shall you name your brew?
It will be "The n00beer"

/terrible
Thule.  I have been thinking about it for a while, and this is really the simplest.  Some of my favorite breweries have sort of esoteric or COOL OTHERWORLDLY names (Flat Earth, Terra Australis) but there aren't enough phantom islands or dated theories that haven't already been taken up.  I decided to go with Thule.  There is an Icelandic beer that goes by the same name, but the Brewery itself is different, so I figure I'm safe.  Plus I'll be making some medieval beers that have not really ever been commercially produced in the U.S., like an unhopped beer made from Heather that a team of archaeologists just re-created from a 1300 year-old recipe.  It is pretty viking, just like Thule, if you nom sayin'.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2010, 04:43:42 am »
Thule is a Danish/American joint military outpost on Greenland(Greenland is Danish), that was set up during the cold war. It's mainly a radar station, working as an extension of NORAD in case of a missile attack.

However, the last decade or so it's been used for more friendly purposes. It's a popular site for astronomers, due to the clear night sky, and the easy accessibility.

The natives call it "Pituffik", but it also goes by the name of Bluie West Six.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2010, 09:14:43 am »
@Echo: I think it's refering to a mythic island in the north of Europe. And if I remember right it's also the hometown of Prince Valiant.

@n00b: Would you sell a bottle or two and send it to Germany?

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 09:29:02 am »
I'm not sure I'd recommend using Thule as your name since there are lots of google results for it already. I'd suggest you take a name that doesn't represent anything else anywhere.

Plus I'll be making some medieval beers that have not really ever been commercially produced in the U.S., like an unhopped beer made from Heather that a team of archaeologists just re-created from a 1300 year-old recipe.  It is pretty viking, just like Thule, if you nom sayin'.

That sounds fucking awesome!
There are other worlds than these

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2010, 11:00:41 am »
i plan on designing a fish tank that oxygenates the water, filters itself periodically and the relevant circuitry for my end of year project. is this cool? n/n

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2010, 12:52:08 pm »
Thule is a Danish/American joint military outpost on Greenland(Greenland is Danish), that was set up during the cold war. It's mainly a radar station, working as an extension of NORAD in case of a missile attack.

However, the last decade or so it's been used for more friendly purposes. It's a popular site for astronomers, due to the clear night sky, and the easy accessibility.

The natives call it "Pituffik", but it also goes by the name of Bluie West Six.
Greenland is Norwegian >:[  And when are you guys going to release the Faroe Islands!  It must be nice being the only Scandinavian country to keep colonies after the 20th century :P  I like that association though.  Greenland is fairly Thule-like.  And so is radar.

@Echo: I think it's refering to a mythic island in the north of Europe. And if I remember right it's also the hometown of Prince Valiant.

@n00b: Would you sell a bottle or two and send it to Germany?
Export laws for commercial breweries make this pretty much impossible for small and non-ABA breweries, but it's easy enough to gift bottles overseas for free.  I will probably have a constant stream of my own booze flowing into Europe next year 'cos I'll be living in Norway and will still be submitting different brews to competition and hopefully drinking any new innovations I come up with.
I'm not sure I'd recommend using Thule as your name since there are lots of google results for it already. I'd suggest you take a name that doesn't represent anything else anywhere.

Plus I'll be making some medieval beers that have not really ever been commercially produced in the U.S., like an unhopped beer made from Heather that a team of archaeologists just re-created from a 1300 year-old recipe.  It is pretty viking, just like Thule, if you nom sayin'.

That sounds f**king awesome!
Well, Thule is one of the more popular mythological landscapes, so it makes sense that it is mentioned so frequently.  I would have gone with something cooler like 'Hyperborean Brew Co.', but Aryan nationalists have a claim to Hyperborea these days, and I don't want that association.  I could expand on the name Thule though.  I was thinking of ripping off the New Belgium brewery and going with 'New Thule'.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2010, 01:12:26 pm »
What about "Knight's Honour"? Sounds pretty medieval-ish and awesome :P

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2010, 02:01:12 pm »
Panzer Thule

It's just like ... the manly drinking-mans man drink, man

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2010, 02:09:56 pm »
you can say that it's "thulicious"
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2010, 02:42:08 pm »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0