Author Topic: Why hello there!  (Read 5632 times)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
Re: Why hello there!
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2010, 05:13:11 pm »
DC, I was merely pointing out one possible explanation for the name - one that I liked. I figured since he's starting a brand, he'd like to know the various associations people might make of it.

Thule is a Danish/American joint military outpost on Greenland(Greenland is Danish), that was set up during the cold war. It's mainly a radar station, working as an extension of NORAD in case of a missile attack.

However, the last decade or so it's been used for more friendly purposes. It's a popular site for astronomers, due to the clear night sky, and the easy accessibility.

The natives call it "Pituffik", but it also goes by the name of Bluie West Six.
Greenland is Norwegian >:[  And when are you guys going to release the Faroe Islands!  It must be nice being the only Scandinavian country to keep colonies after the 20th century :P  I like that association though.  Greenland is fairly Thule-like.  And so is radar.

1. No it's not. 2. Never - we're just that awesome.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2010, 09:32:19 pm »
Actually Panzer Thule does sound pretty sweet, but you've already tainted the name and removed my claim to originality so I will have to think of something else.

Dude, yeah it is.  You Danes have a shady way of dealing with other territories!!  I'm still struggling to understand, after two graduate classes on the History of Iceland and Denmark, and touching that Mermaid statue's holy titties in Copenhagen, how in the loving christ Denmark managed to have their claim of Iceland honored over Norway's.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2010, 09:41:52 pm »
I stopped reading here:
and touching that Mermaid statue's holy titties
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2010, 05:48:44 am »
Actually Panzer Thule does sound pretty sweet, but you've already tainted the name and removed my claim to originality so I will have to think of something else.

Dude, yeah it is.  You Danes have a shady way of dealing with other territories!!  I'm still struggling to understand, after two graduate classes on the History of Iceland and Denmark, and touching that Mermaid statue's holy titties in Copenhagen, how in the loving christ Denmark managed to have their claim of Iceland honored over Norway's.

Well we used to have Norway as well :P

And Canada, evidently?..

DarkCrusade

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2010, 07:33:10 am »
What, Canada? Why, it was part of the British empire until the second worldwar :|

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2010, 08:31:48 am »
Listening to music, eating some... wait, I'm not a girl. wtf
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2010, 05:49:33 pm »
What, Canada? Why, it was part of the British empire until the second worldwar :|

Yeah well, we owned England as well.