Poll

Should I take minigun out of my server? Vote please :D

Yes
3 (20%)
No
12 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: July 21, 2010, 02:09:03 pm

Author Topic: Envy's Normal CTF - Minigun poll  (Read 3930 times)

Offline Beoulve

• Major(1)
Envy's Normal CTF - Minigun poll
« on: July 16, 2010, 02:09:03 pm »
I couldn't decide whether to take minigun out of my server or not... Not sure if this is the best way to decide but it's the only one I could think of.

And here's a link to see my server's settings. - http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=38468.0

PS: Sorry if this is in the wrong section... couldn't find anywhere else this would fit. lol
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 02:10:42 pm by Beoulve »

Offline rnaka

• Major(1)
Re: Envy's Normal CTF - Minigun poll
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 02:26:40 pm »
why should u ?

keep it.
*makaveli. [AUG]

Offline Beoulve

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 02:29:14 pm »
I had some people asking to take it out, so I thought, why not vote for it? ;P

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 03:38:44 pm »
The Minigun is always a weapon that's good to chase the EFC, so I vote no. People who keep whining about it usually whine about M79 users, too, and call everyone noob just because they're getting owned.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 10:51:03 am »
take m79 out. it will force the m79-users to choose another weapon and then they will realize they're not that pro like they thought before. m79 is like: play it for 2 hours some days and you mastered it nearly 90%. then hf trying to master deagles...
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 11:25:59 am »
You are wrong, Illuminatus. You need actually years. You can plain restrict the weapons with one of my scripts (Link).

Offline Beoulve

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 05:42:35 pm »
take m79 out. it will force the m79-users to choose another weapon and then they will realize they're not that pro like they thought before. m79 is like: play it for 2 hours some days and you mastered it nearly 90%. then hf trying to master deagles...

If you click on the link I gave (http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=38468.0), you can see I don't have m79 in my server. Although I was thinking of using DarkCrusade's script to limit the amount... I'm not sure though... Tough decision. lol

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 06:26:49 pm »
Only reason to get rid of minigun would be if it causes too much lag. But with Dark Crusade's script you could just limit it to 1 Minigun per team, and problem is solved.

Offline Beoulve

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 03:24:29 pm »
Only reason to get rid of minigun would be if it causes too much lag. But with Dark Crusade's script you could just limit it to 1 Minigun per team, and problem is solved.

Yeah, I agree. I was gonna test the script out but it keeps saying "File Not Found". x_x

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 12:40:03 pm »
i've always had a more pro-feel with your server, mainly cuz of the m79 ban. taking this one out as well would make it even better.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

DarkCrusade

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 06:11:15 am »
I don't know what's wrong with people. They cry if you have certain weapons and they cry if you don't have certain weapons, and most certainly we are talking about the so-called "noob guns".

The Minigun is perfectly designed for chasing the EFC or binking enemies to support your team. You can even close routes. Usually new players who use this gun are killable without much risk, since the last updates the minigun doesn't even flood the server. So no problem here.

The Barret has straight shots and kills with 1 shot, unless you hit your enemy's legs on a certain distance. Campers use it to take down enemies before they can even get cloes to them. A valid tactic, as long as it doesn't get used too excessive. No problem as long as people don't get too lame.

The M79 is multifunctional. You can use it for fragging or for tactical moves. Boost teammates or yourself, distract people or slow them down (shooting at thin polygons to push them away). The fact that new players use it is not new. But what is wrong about giving them a chance? And why take the oppurtunity for better players to use it, too?

The constant amount of whining about weapons is just annoying..

Offline Decoy

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 07:14:50 pm »
Envy you knabb Where you gooo? D;

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 02:16:16 am »
I don't know what's wrong with people. They cry if you have certain weapons and they cry if you don't have certain weapons, and most certainly we are talking about the so-called "noob guns".

The Minigun is perfectly designed for chasing the EFC or binking enemies to support your team. You can even close routes. Usually new players who use this gun are killable without much risk, since the last updates the minigun doesn't even flood the server. So no problem here.

The Barret has straight shots and kills with 1 shot, unless you hit your enemy's legs on a certain distance. Campers use it to take down enemies before they can even get cloes to them. A valid tactic, as long as it doesn't get used too excessive. No problem as long as people don't get too lame.

The M79 is multifunctional. You can use it for fragging or for tactical moves. Boost teammates or yourself, distract people or slow them down (shooting at thin polygons to push them away). The fact that new players use it is not new. But what is wrong about giving them a chance? And why take the oppurtunity for better players to use it, too?

The constant amount of whining about weapons is just annoying..
Welcome to Soldat server hosting  ;D