Author Topic: Problem called teleporting  (Read 2660 times)

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
Problem called teleporting
« on: December 01, 2010, 08:24:41 am »
So, I've been working on with one map, but for some reason some places teleport pl out of map, and then he/she is respwaning. I wondered what is this such a strange thing, and I thought that it's because: My mouse got broken few days ago, and it's hard to click with it. Sometimes, when I click once, it clicks twice or even three times.
So, When I was doing layout in this map, Sometimes there just left thin lines (\/ look the picture there.\/). I thought that they make these teleports, so I hunted for them and deleted almost all. But this problem still stayed, and I'm irroselute with this.  Please someone more experineced mapper, help me! I post just little pieces of layout, because I want the rest to be a surprise.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
Re: Problem called teleporting
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 08:55:46 am »
I think this has been already discussed several times, i even used such teleport on ctf Tom Tom.
Basically if polygon has two all all three vertexes at the same coordinates collision detection in the corresponding sector will be screwed which leads to respawn.

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 06:24:35 am »
I think the problem is teleporting when he doesn't want it.
There are some threads about it, sometimes there's a regions inside the map that teleports. Try exporting the whole map, making a new map and then importing again.
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 08:57:46 am »
I think the problem is teleporting when he doesn't want it.
There are some threads about it, sometimes there's a regions inside the map that teleports. Try exporting the whole map, making a new map and then importing again.
Yes, It teleports and I don't want it. With shooting, you can even see the edges
of teleport area.  But the rest, I didn't get you. Do you mean that I should make
the whole map again?!? That is something im not going to do. Please explain abit clearlier that advice.

[Edit]: Btw I got new, good, GOOD,PERFECT mouse yesterday!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:07:53 am by Monsteri »
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 12:48:55 pm »
I remember there were similar thread to it. Use search button. Solution was to recompile map.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 09:48:24 am »
Well anyways, VTT told to me on Irc the problem and how to get a rid of it. Thanks to VTT and too to as de Espada. Thanks for VTT's admit, what helped.
Sorry if I'm insolent.