Author Topic: DMT-The Spirit Molecule  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Tryptacon

• Major(1)
DMT-The Spirit Molecule
« on: December 03, 2010, 05:23:57 am »
Hello fellow Soldatianites.

This threads purpose is to elucidate nn-DMT, or DiMethylTryptamine; dubbed the 'Spirit Molecule' by some.

In a nutshell DMT is a molecule, neurotransmitter, and an extremely powerful psychedelic that our brains and/or bodies produce everyday. In the 90's a Dr. Rick Strassman was given US Government permission to conduct clinical tests with DMT on human volunteers over a course of five years. The results were interesting to say the least.

Some quick tidbits:

~nn-DMT is found in nearly every ecosystem on the planet--a common compound produced by a wide variety of plants and animals.
~DMT belongs to the Tryptamine chemical family, a family comprised of derivatives such as Serotonin and Melatonin.
~Psilocin (the psychoactive compound in 'Magic Mushrooms') is chemically spelled 4H0-DMT.
~DMT has been used in a potent hallucinogenic brew by the Amazonians called 'Ayahuasca' who's trip can last up to 6-12+ hours. They use this brew as a religious sacrament, and therefor certain sects can legally ingest this brew in America--similar to how the Church of Native Americans can use Peyote.
~Though it's a verified fact DMT is produced by our bodies during normal metabolism, it's function is still unknown; some have theorized that it plays a role in dreaming, near death experiences, deep meditative experiences, 'alien abductions', and various other naturally occurring hallucinatory states of mind--not excluding the possibility of it's role in prophetic/transcendental experiences as depicted in a multitude of religious texts.

A high-production value documentary all about DMT was released a few days ago. It contains all things DMT; including Dr. Rick Strassmans studies with it, and the personal experiences and reflections of this molecule by various Phd/Md's, chemists, psychiatrists, writers, artists, shamans, rabbi's, and others.

The documentary has been uploaded onto youtube in five parts.

Spirit Molecule Part 1

Spirit Molecule Part 2

Spirit Molecule Part 3

Spirit Molecule Part 4

Spirit Molecule Part 5

Here is a quick trailer for the documentary if you want the basic gist of it.

DMT Trailer

--------

I am in no way advising anyone to experience non-endogenous DMT or to perform any illegal actions; I'm only trying to bring this fringe aspect of our biology to the forefront of anyone who takes interest in such things.

Offline filip2322

• Major
  • Gray
Re: DMT-The Spirit Molecule
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 07:19:34 am »
Nice first post
Imperare sibi maximum imperium est

Offline Tryptacon

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 09:20:57 am »
Nice first post

Thanks.

I'll use this space to post some short interviews that did not make their way into the final doc. but are interesting in their own right.

This video is of Ralph Abraham Ph.D, his expertise is in mathematics, specifically dynamic systems mathematics and chaos theory. Here he compares and contrasts his LSD and DMT experiences.

Ralph Abraham

David Nichols MD. A Leading psycho-pharmacologist in america for the past many decades--any clinical study involving MDMA is synthesized using his method. The DMT used in Dr. Rick Strassmans studies was synthesized by Nichols. Here he details the pertinence of psychedelic research.

Dr. David Nichols

Dave Presti Ph.D; another pharmacologist, details our current understanding and ignorance of the brain, and how DMT production may possibly be significant in shedding our ignorance.

Dave Presti

Charles Grob MD, Psychiatrist. Here Charles reveals an interesting positive physiological effect involving serotonin from Ayahuasca use (DMT brew) and how this contrasts with Prozac use, which overtime instills an opposite negative effect on serotonin.

Charles Grob

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 09:24:49 am by Tryptacon »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 10:25:25 am »
If I was you, I wouldn't talk about religion like everyone was stoned back then. Religious people get easily offended by stuff like that. It's interesting, but I just don't get why you post this stuff in a forum for 12 year old kids.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 11:09:19 am »
consider this as a large link dump
and a moderate dose of asamatteroffaggotry

Offline Tryptacon

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 09:04:52 pm »
If I was you, I wouldn't talk about religion like everyone was stoned back then. Religious people get easily offended by stuff like that. It's interesting, but I just don't get why you post this stuff in a forum for 12 year old kids.

Well, this is a soldat forum, and I have seen plenty of college level persons in the servers. Also it would be historically accurate to say that a number one past-time of many of our ancient ancestors was the alteration of consciousness by many different methods, often through entheogens. Alcohol was a seasonal thing for many cultures, and for the rest of the year many civilizations' citizens turned to whatever happened to be available---all year long, dating back to paleolithic times.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entheogenic_drugs_and_the_archaeological_record

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1896275.stm

http://www.amazon.com/Long-Trip-Prehistory-Psychedelia/dp/0975720058

"The Long Trip endeavors to show that the twentieth-century psychedelic renaissance is not an anomaly but part of a long line of psychedelic traditions that have inspired some highly creative cultures ... Devereux presents a broad range of archaeological, ethnobotanical, and pharmacological information about psychedelics in clear, very readable English..."
------

There are also persons such a Benny Shannon, a Professor of Psychology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem who holds the Mandel Chair in Cognitive Psychology and Education. Shannon is a devout Hebew speaking Jew and believes that many of the Bibles examples of divination are a result of God using DMT to contact humans, including Moses and others. 

So to say this information is innately offensive to religious folk is a fallacy in my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:39:10 pm by Tryptacon »

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 11:30:28 pm »
If you spend more than 10 minutes in these forums, you know the average age is well above 12.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 03:21:52 am »
I like your style. I'll be looking forward to watching this once I have the time. Right now I'm all booked though.
I fucking miss all you cunts!