Author Topic: spaz is to overpowered  (Read 18129 times)

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
Re: spaz is to overpowered
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 01:13:35 pm »
I agree, there are too many small maps these days and little chances to beat a spaser . The only solution would be that everybody picks spas and the game gets boring, right?
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 06:15:42 pm »
even on a small map you can find a straight line and shoot a 50.cal bullet trough :D

ps.I had rly no problem with spas its a ok weapon and counter it with barrett cause he cant spray and cant get long range kills :D
and if you are good you can even counter a spas at close range with barrett
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline ValiS

• Major
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 08:19:07 pm »
its supposed to be good at close range - ok..

but why does it kill with 2 shots from 40 metres?
and if the user is lagging its even worse, often becoming a one-hit-kill wep with 8 bullets.

there are some players who always kill you with ONE spas shot, or sometimes leaving 4hp left (whiich is the name of one such player)
I eat EFCs for breakfast (with a lot of ketchup ...)

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 09:03:51 am »
i simply dont understand... when i play soldat they dont kill me 2 times with spas im or flying or shooting the spas-er down near evry time :/
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 11:10:35 am »
In my opinion spas is not overpowered. Is it that good in pub/realistic/Dm or what? Because it's certainly not overpowered in the 'pro' community, as I see it.

Offline n2j3

• Soldier
    • soldat.gr
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2011, 07:59:47 am »
Spas is not overpowered in itself. I think it's the combination of crappy netcode and the multiple pellets that make it act in an erratic way. e.g. Some times it gains the accuracy and velocity of a barret, other times it acts like a tractor beam - returning flags to you etc. (those things rarely happen, but only happen to spas)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:01:21 am by n2j3 »

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 10:58:46 am »
but why does it kill with 2 shots from 40 metres?
I second that.

Fix this problem and spaz will be balanced imo.

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 12:21:59 pm »
REALISTIC- BALANCED!!!!
STANDARD- TO underpowered you cant kill someone if you shoot all pelets in he's HEAD!!! and on long range its SHIT so stop complaining about random weapons and writhing shit its UNDERPOWERED

Offline Wes

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 12:44:16 am »
Not overpowered compared to Autos.

The spas is the only non auto that can come close to matching an Auto in competitive play such as in CTFL. Even so, autos rule this game. Forget the spas, bring the autos down with it or bring the other guns up to reach it's level.

the guns in this game are screwed.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 07:38:59 am »
The current wm is really good, no gun needs change for now (didn't play this season, but played a few gathers and cws).

Offline Vessus

• Major(1)
    • Summoned Soldiers
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 01:10:42 pm »
SPAS could be OP only on small maps like Guardian.
1shot 2kills no hax just skills

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 05:34:18 pm »
In realistic (f.e. TW) mode, Spas is a long-range weapon.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 05:44:25 pm »
it is super deadly at close range and these days im getting killed effectively by spas even in a long range (1 shot), it is overpowered
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline chox

• Major(1)
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 07:53:17 am »
imo if you have good skill with spas and you move fast to reach the needed distance then it's better than auto, but i don't see many spas players on gathers.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 12:55:44 pm »
Oh, finally someone saw that Spas on Realistic hits by one shot even on middle distance...

Enemy with full HP situated next to me dies from 14,0 meters...
Enemy with full HP situated under me dies from 21,5 meters or even more...

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 05:24:17 pm »
yeah, forgot to mention, i was talking about realistic. It seems like no one's at charge of realistic WM right now
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 04:25:19 pm »
http://lrs-serv.net/status/?inc=weapons - This stats shows that Spas is the biggest use. All realistic players agreed with it that Spas is the most powerful and they use it a lot. It should be fixed. Rest of weapons are well balanced but this Spas is some bullshit!

Offline Jerkington XIII

• Major
  • Yes we camp!
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2011, 03:46:26 am »
Heh, Ruger, my current main is a good second in there  :P . But i gotta agree with that spas does more than it should (e.g. killing a full-health guy with 3 pellets from Mayapan's bridge to below entrance. Yep, it happens, and even though I presume lags and such have a role causing that, it ain't that rare). Maybe I (or anyone who plays realistic. Would be better, as my connection has been fucked for some time now) should record spastard adventures (as in, impossible spas kills) to show why the other half of us hate spas.
From #soldat.devs:
<evhO> I think qb is trying to kill soldat

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2011, 02:49:16 pm »
I've made some pictures (look up), but If I find time, I will make some demo...

Offline NamelessWolf

• Soldier
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 03:00:17 am »
Well.. I think something should be done about Spas and Ruger as those two gets more than twice as many kills as any other weapon (including grenades!).

It's nice to have those guns that kills with one shot under the right circumstances, but Spas should be short range only and Ruger should have some bink. It's not reasonable to have perfect aim after being shot by a few bullets from an auto.

Edit:
Apparently I was misinformed about just how much more Spas and Ruger topped the stats, but my suggestion for change still stands.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:50:14 am by NamelessWolf »