Official Content > Soldat Developer Log

Current Roadmap for next version

(1/8) > >>

zakath:
This is just a short update for what is happening with the next version of soldat.

* No portal.
* May be hardwareIds instead of the tagId from portal but its lowpriority.
* Bugfixes, we are focusing on stuff like map load times, fps issues, netcode issues and such.

Not sure if I missed something but then the other devs can fill that in.

freestyler:
Are script features like InterfaceImage and such work as they did in 1.5.1 beta or they're deleted? Any other scriptcore updates?

Mittsu:
i have a question regarding MM's statement from 2 months ago

--- Quote from: Michal Marcinkowski on October 14, 2010, 11:25:03 pm ---Hey,
I haven't read the thread. Just wanted to say that we agreed with EnEsCe to release 1.5.1 as quickly as possible with disabled Portal functionality cause that isn't finished and was lagging the development significantly. As far as I know just the dedicated server needs to be compiled on linux. After 1.5.1 is out I will make further announcments for Soldat's future.

--- End quote ---

could you just finish that compiling and release the version as it is (obviously as long as it hasn't got some critical bugs)? It has some useful stuff (for example DM bug fix) and i think people are dying to get it already. You could release next versions with other fixes later.

jrgp:

--- Quote from: Mittsu on December 17, 2010, 06:18:27 am ---i have a question regarding MM's statement from 2 months ago

--- Quote from: Michal Marcinkowski on October 14, 2010, 11:25:03 pm ---Hey,
I haven't read the thread. Just wanted to say that we agreed with EnEsCe to release 1.5.1 as quickly as possible with disabled Portal functionality cause that isn't finished and was lagging the development significantly. As far as I know just the dedicated server needs to be compiled on linux. After 1.5.1 is out I will make further announcments for Soldat's future.

--- End quote ---

could you just finish that compiling and release the version as it is (obviously as long as it hasn't got some critical bugs)? It has some useful stuff (for example DM bug fix) and i think people are dying to get it already. You could release next versions with other fixes later.

--- End quote ---

The current development versions of the soldat client and dedicated server are incompatible with each other. That must first be remedied prior to a release.

Horve:
indexing most of the default textures or converting them to uber-compressed png's (obviously without any transparency) would greatly increase fps. Same goes for default sceneries.

Also, looking into creating a soldat tutorial would be recommended, but further discussion of this should be left for the suggestions thread.

Godspeed and don't fuck anything up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version