Author Topic: INF Change Idea  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
INF Change Idea
« on: August 25, 2006, 04:20:20 am »
I thought maybe there could be changes for INF maps/the gamemode where Alpha had an extra special Attack Item that was good for attacking and Bravo had a defence item, Bravo could have a stationary mortar that shot a M79 like bomb into the air that deals large damage at a rather wide radius but it could only be fired twice every 5 minutes with a 25 second delay per shot, and alpha could have the option to use a movable stat gun or something, any ideas?

Offline Kaine

• Major
Re: INF Change Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 07:57:18 pm »
hmm, seems like it COULD be a good idea, but u need to make it so it'l be fair. dont want whiners to have a new weapon to use againts the fair folk of soldat.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 07:59:54 pm by Kaine »

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 08:05:19 pm »
I thought maybe there could be changes for INF maps/the gamemode where Alpha had an extra special Attack Item that was good for attacking and Bravo had a defence item, Bravo could have a stationary mortar that shot a M79 like bomb into the air that deals large damage at a rather wide radius but it could only be fired twice every 5 minutes with a 25 second delay per shot, and alpha could have the option to use a movable stat gun or something, any ideas?
Uh... then it wouldn't be called a stat gun... :S

Nah, I don't think these things are necessary. INF is fine the way it is, it's the maps that need balancing, imo. :-\

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 08:07:34 pm »
Stationary - Not movable; fixed onto something.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 08:23:34 pm »
No.
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 02:37:06 am »
the "movable stationary-gun" should be named "gun-rook", lol :P

Offline iPod

• Major
  • HA! HA! CARE FOR A MIXED NUT?
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 03:25:19 am »
Movable 'stat' gun? You mean.. VEICKLILLES!? Nah.
I think inf is good as it is. Mostly these sorts of things depend on how the map is designed.
Furthermore, why would anyone use a 'm79 like bomb' with huge delays when they can just grab an M79 or a LAW? :D
[MpS]P00pSmith

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 08:29:07 am »
There's no reason for this.  If bravo works together, it's already hard to capture the flag.  If alpha works together, it's already easy to capture the flag.  The advantage is in strategy; there's no reason to add more objects/weapons.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 09:11:55 pm »
There's no reason for this.  If bravo works together, it's already hard to capture the flag.  If alpha works together, it's already easy to capture the flag.  The advantage is in strategy; there's no reason to add more objects/weapons.
Summed up my thoughts perfectly...