Author Topic: CTF based Climb Server Time Keeping Scipt  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Timer

• Major(1)
CTF based Climb Server Time Keeping Scipt
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:21:25 am »
Hello everyone,

Well I know there are other similar time keeping scripts out there for climb servers but I tried to make a very friendly version which in which is very simple to modify and can even be done in-server and be saved automatically to an ini file.

The script is a run-along script meaning just put it in your scripts folder read the manual I conviently created for you, changes the configurations to your liking and play.

Here is how it works:
Well basically it reads ini files (which you have to create, but I show you how to do) and for each map lets say there is someone who caps/returns/scores to end the current map, well if they were fast enough to rank in the top3 places for that map they will be listed as the /top3.

However rather than explain in great detail I already made a very useful manual for this script.

Enjoy!!

One more thing, I also have completed an HNS version of this but haven't completed the manual yet and will be working on Rambo version as well as Race-Mode version.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:25:51 am by Timer »
"I was gonna clean my room, but then I got high. I was gonna get up and find the broom, but then I got high."

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
Re: CTF based Climb Server Time Keeping Scipt
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 11:15:12 am »
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=7409.0

This script overally gets a "not recommended" rank from me for massive use of built-in ReadINI function.

Offline Timer

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 04:14:25 pm »
Sorry but could you elaborate a little more on why using built-in ReadINI isn't good? Being as this is the first script I've posted and I immediately recieved a "not recommended", I would like to know whats wrong with this method for loading/reading INI's for future reference.

Thanks  ;)

"I was gonna clean my room, but then I got high. I was gonna get up and find the broom, but then I got high."

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 04:47:51 pm »
Sorry but could you elaborate a little more on why using built-in ReadINI isn't good? Being as this is the first script I've posted and I immediately recieved a "not recommended", I would like to know whats wrong with this method for loading/reading INI's for future reference.

Thanks  ;)

readini is quite slow compared to reading files manually i suppose. It is also considered bad practice to access the same file repeatedly when you can actually read it once and parse from there.
However, when you think of it, all kind of  caches should ease the load on your hardware, but i'm not completely sure how it works. The best solution is not to count on it and just do the thing manually (readfile, split by whatever separators you use and get the pieces you need).

Offline Timer

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 11:20:59 pm »
Ok thank you I will take that into consideration  :)