13 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Bink  (Read 8952 times)

Offline Yuth

• Major(1)
Bink
« on: June 11, 2006, 12:20:17 pm »
How about if the bink was changed?

When you get binked now you don't know where your aim goes.

I suppose making the cursor pop in a random direction as the
- bink applies would help making the bink less of an irritating addition.

And add a bit of skill to aiming in as you quickly have to
- move your cursor back at the player you currently lost aim of.

I'm suggesting that you'd be able to see where you're
- aiming while getting binked, instead of just completely losing it.

(I suppose this would improve the Weapon Balance).

I was expecting to read another whine thread about bink that gave no helpful or constructive advice on the issue, but I must say this is actually a pretty cool idea. It would add a new dimension to bink that would allow somebody with enough precision to stand a chance even while being shot at with multiple autos. It's worth considering.
[/b]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 02:47:07 pm by Yuth »

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
Re: Bink
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 02:01:15 pm »
I'd LOVE this change, especially if it was applied to self-bink as well.  Self-bink is completely broken -- at maximum bink the bullets gravitate toward either side of a narrow cone, rather than firing randomly within it.

And the crosshair should ALWAYS represent where the gun's pointing!  The change you're proposing would keep the balancing effects of bink and self-bink, while giving skilled players the opportunity to gain more control over their weapons. 

This improved bink should also replace the recoil effect in Realistic Mode, since they'd be even more redundant than currently.

I guess what I'm basically advocating is that a slightly tweaked version of RM recoil replace bink.  I know that'll anger the anti-Realistic crowd, but bink was never anything more than a stupidly randomized version of blind recoil.

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 02:45:15 pm »
I was expecting to read another whine thread about bink that gave no helpful or constructive advice on the issue, but I must say this is actually a pretty cool idea. It would add a new dimension to bink that would allow somebody with enough precision to stand a chance even while being shot at with multiple autos. It's worth considering.

Offline kalatix

• Major(1)
  • Game nick = Sirge
    • Cape Cod House of Praise
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 04:24:31 pm »
definitely, this would be a really good idea. For example, when I'm getting shot at with an auto, and I try to hit someone with a ruger, I can't see my crosshair. This would definitely fix it!
Soon i will be done with the troubles of this world.
Just take this whole world, and give me Jesus.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 02:28:22 am »
definitely, this would be a really good idea. For example, when I'm getting shot at with an auto, and I try to hit someone with a ruger, I can't see my crosshair. This would definitely fix it!

By joe! my sarcasm-o-meter 5000 is off the charts!
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 03:13:36 am »
I'm with xurich on this one. This topic is a good Idea and will most likely go overlooked by people who scan posts like me. Suggest changing the title. This will help massively for the sniper. I don't mind snipers who camp, I can always find a weakness. Its the ones that charge into battle with a sniper and get good shots that piss me off.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 03:15:33 am »
lol bja.....i totally agree, i dont normally have problems with campers. but when they go all combat sniper, and still pull off good shots, i start to get alittle angry
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 03:48:04 am »
This is a horrible idea since it'll ruin mouse tracking and more importantly because your view of the game is tied into the sight, and having that jerked around the moment you are fired upon will leave you no recourse whatsoever.

Offline Yuth

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 05:35:59 am »
This is a horrible idea since it'll ruin mouse tracking and more importantly because your view of the game is tied into the sight, and having that jerked around the moment you are fired upon will leave you no recourse whatsoever.

Well it shouldn't be too much of a disturbance. There are many ways of changing the bink, it's just not good at the moment, in fact I hate it as it is now. What about having two cursors, one cursor being a shadow of the main cursor showing you where your aim currently is as you're getting binked, and to get the clear aim back you'd have to quickly move your cursor at the shadow left somewhere at your screen and then back at your target.

Tacklebeast666

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 04:51:49 pm »
how come no1 voted lol, oh and i accidentally voyed i dont care before reading this :(

Offline Yuth

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 04:54:04 pm »
how come no1 voted lol, oh and i accidentally voyed i dont care before reading this :(

Well I just made it a poll, so you're the first to vote- I'll reset it. ;)

Tacklebeast666

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 10:46:05 pm »
i voted great idea...but two other people already voted "i dont' are" and "no!"....

we should tell the people who posted above me to vote great idea too.

definately i want more control over bink.

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 02:40:54 am »
I don't mind snipers who camp, I can always find a weakness. Its the ones that charge into battle with a sniper and get good shots that piss me off.
Haha im the battle sniper... and a good one i might add. although the sniper is an extremely useful gun for assassinating the EFC, i have now evolved into the ruger. I prefer it now in most CTFs, unless the opposing team has held our flag for a while (afew failed ruger attempts :P). sry to be off subject!

I think this bink would really make autos harder to use. im not saying this in a bad way. i just htink it would make.... umm "too" much skill required. Most people just wanna have fun. They dont wanna have to aim every bullet that comes out. they just wanna spray spray spray and get killed by me... aha. its a novel idea, but i dont think it will lift off the ground.

Offline UGK

• Major
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 02:42:27 am »
Die!
<n00bface> i like big droopy fittas

Offline Spyder

• Soldier
  • Member Since 19 Oct 2002
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 08:00:30 am »
I don't know how well this might turn out, having bullets going in random direction is already hard to control, plus having cursor going random places :S

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 08:15:56 am »
By joe! my sarcasm-o-meter 5000 is off the charts!
OMG whahah :p hmm i dont know about this..
maybe the is because i only use auto guns..

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 09:11:55 am »
I don't know how well this would turn out, either.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 09:14:40 am by Eagles_Arrows »

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 10:15:57 am »
Pretty good idea.  What if instead of your cursor just jumping into a random direction, It constantly wiggles around between two positions (or rather angles since your aim gets thrown of by a specific angle) and the size of the angle gets smaller after time...
Lol i still like your idea better though*
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Yuth

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 05:57:33 am »
Pretty good idea.  What if instead of your cursor just jumping into a random direction, It constantly wiggles around between two positions (or rather angles since your aim gets thrown of by a specific angle) and the size of the angle gets smaller after time...
Lol i still like your idea better though*

Yeah, that's nice. That goes for autos; (When autos are binked the cursor shouldn't move far away from the target) - But when you get binked when holding a Barret it should jump upwards as well as wiggle. Same goes for M79.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 06:00:16 am by Yuth »

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 09:19:55 am »
this kinda seems like one of those ideas that looks good on paper, but ends up being a shite idea in game

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 11:29:53 am »
Yeah T-Bone, it is quite hard to make out just how it will be in the game - but if you take lots of time and carefully think, you can very well imagine the gameplay...
Anyways Yuth, the wiggle helps prevent the player from being able to aim immediately back at a target because it should only be skill-dependent how fast you can get your aim back to a small degree - the rest should be pure bink (which the wiggle does)
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 12:38:58 am »
I realy don't like this idea..
it's not about skills but about if u get sprayed u have no way to hit now, besides it's impossible to do randomize for every shot u get since it would seem like game going crazy  :o

Offline Bongobong

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2006, 12:44:49 pm »
is bink the extremely annoying thing i get with the ak?
when the bullets go, after a while, left left left, right right right, left left, right, left left.

so, everywhere but the crosshair.
anyway if it isn't there should be a post about it, and if it is, i vote yes.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2006, 02:43:51 am »
thats why you are supposed to burst with AK Bongo. It is very good and accurate long range when you burst it.

Offline DeMo

• Soldier
  • Stay Metal! \m/
    • Encoder 2002
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2006, 04:40:28 pm »
Self-bink is completely broken for the automatics.
Just keep pressing your mouse button repeatedly and your crosshair will never get big.

<@Evil-Ville> Expect a picture of Chakra` holding his fleshlight soon!

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2006, 05:18:01 pm »
I think that when you are binked you just lose the crosshair.

5th_account

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2006, 05:34:55 pm »
The selfbink system is indeed broken. It's first applied on the 4th bullet, and it can be avoided by clicking.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2006, 06:09:35 pm »
Creative, but horrible idea.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Noldi

• Camper
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2006, 06:15:05 pm »
Don't matter for me, I dont know why.

Offline [R^M]TomaHawk