Author Topic: ctf_eye  (Read 5830 times)

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
Re: ctf_eye
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2011, 03:40:29 am »
Lookin good! Nice work!

- I think those upper nade packs are a bit exploitable, but at the same time so are the nadepack placements in most default maps. Maybe place some on a low route to balance things out a bit.
errr...
I shall remove the grenade spawns from top and move them to inside the bases... quickest thing to do.

- as a pretty efficient sniper who constantly rotates around the map, I can see a few lines that are easy pickings for me. Ive attached some examples of problematic lines of sight that I would really exploit, so you need some colliders around the place.
There will always be L.O.S for snipers somewhere. Most of those lines are pretty impossible because of the dipping as Illuminatus has said. But I will explore the map myself with a barret and see.

- drawing out these lines also shows minor flaws in your symmetry, you might want to explore that.
Whenever I made alterations to one side, I deleted the other side and duplicated&flipped the one I edited so that it was always symmetrical. I can't see where you mean ???

- maybe consider making the pupil a bullet-collider, but not a player-collider.
For me, this would cause absolute mayhem. People would kill themselves with nades and m79 in the middle! Would make EFC tracking much harder... I'd disagree on this one, but I know why you suggested it.

- waypoints?
There are waypoints on it (405 of them o.0) but that was for a previous version before the outside of the middle bit became more circular. I shall delete and re-waypoint at some point.
It's a hard map to way-point, especially the middle... bots like the low route way too much xD

- as a pretty efficient sniper who constantly rotates around the map, I can see a few lines that are easy pickings for me. Ive attached some examples of problematic lines of sight that I would really exploit, so you need some colliders around the place.
barret bullets don't fly straight. many of your lines are not possible or at a very very low range. and hard to actually kill someone.
on the other hand: don't always condemn the snipers. the barret has the zoom-feature. trying to prevent any possiblity to use it on a map is not...fair imo. of course there should be no camping points where you can easy spawnkill the enemy from your base. but kneeling somewhere and zooming is no crime. so please don't put colliders everywhere.
Agreed.

- maybe consider making the pupil a bullet-collider, but not a player-collider.
then it would be really hard to kill a fleeing flagger. if not nearly impossible if you need 2-3 sec to respawn (and if you don't have any possiblity to snipe him).
Again, agreed.

@thegrandmaster: don't try to make your map the perfect map. it never will be. there is no perfect. every map has "flaws". it's about the fun, not about making it camper-proof or perfectly symmetrical or something. if you keep on removing and polishing it will be a circle in the end... ;)

Hahaa  ;D yeah I know. It should be fun when finished.

edit: I've tested the sniper spots... tbh, due to the many routes, any one of those spots becomes almost useless because the probability of a player choosing a specific one is small.
The one from the flag to the other is impossible, the bullet dips and hits the base of the caruncula where the other flag is. It's even difficult to do that, as you have to shoot from a slidy ice surface...

+ the minimap does look pretty awesome :D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:20:41 am by thegrandmaster »
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2011, 11:09:27 am »
I know how the barret works, and Im saying if I aimed across those directions they are very useful, especially with the curve and ricochet. I dont want colliders everywhere - im a sniper - but it needs one or two to prevent too-easy tunnel kills. Dont forget, the odd collider makes for some fun with nades also.

And on the pupil collider you have a point - it makes it harder to chase and spray. I forget that there are times where this is a useful tactic.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2011, 01:17:58 pm »
Ah, why did I delete my Soldat and Polyworks directory?

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2011, 01:19:14 pm »
Ah, why did I delete my Soldat and Polyworks directory?

Dunno!
You like it that much? xD

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2011, 01:19:52 pm »
I'd probably try to waypoint it is what. LOL at the thought of attempting!

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2011, 01:43:49 pm »
I've tried waypointing... 405 waypoints o.0 though the map has changed shape since then -.-
Will do it again - or if you want to do it, be my guest!