Author Topic: Upcoming release candidate and a few updates  (Read 20256 times)

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Upcoming release candidate and a few updates
« on: February 20, 2011, 05:36:48 pm »
Hello, Soldat Community!

Sorry to keep you waiting for an update.

The Soldat Dev Team has decided to put out a release candidate in the next few days.

We are currently working with Mr on the anticheat API. The rc1 will come out once it works.

This means we decided to release more often instead of fixing all known bugs first which would have taken even longer.

So there will be bugs but we will have an up to date version instead of a 20+ months old one to test them on.

You probably want to know what changed so let me tell about a few changes I remember:

The new/old Soldat tabs.
If you play Soldat for a long time you probably remember how tabs looked back in the good old days ;). Now they are back.

Tab flicker fixes.
Whan you clicked on the exit or the start game tab you got some flicker effects. This has been fixed in the current version.

Tab bar delay.
Since I started to play Soldat there was always a delay on the tabbar. It made the gui look slow but this is now fixed.

Config.exe GUI update.

Take a look at the attachments below.
You might think this was unnecessary but it helped me to understand how Soldat's main GUItabs worked and what tricks MM used. It also helped to figure out a few of the GUI fixes mentioned above. Now Soldat's config looks like a part of Soldat, yay!

Ok that's enough for now.

If you want a date for the release candidate: 2011-03-03.
But I think we release the rc1 in less then one week.

That's everything from me.

Now I'm looking forward reading your feedback here!
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
Re: Upcoming release candidate and a few updates
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 05:38:43 pm »
ooooohh :D
Definitely a good idea to do smaller release. The delay has been annoying - will be interesting to see that fixed.
The config GUI, well... The main Soldat GUI needs redesign/modernising a bit in my opinion (or have 'skins' as such so that you can still have this ol' classic version).

It needs to get new people interested in it - some just play it once then look at the very old circa 2002 GUI after and think 'naa won't play again' :/ shames.

But great update, thanks!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 05:45:05 pm by thegrandmaster »
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 05:42:03 pm »
Rush of excitement!

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 05:42:17 pm »
Great update. Thank you for all your efforts :)
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 05:42:59 pm »
great news ;)

also the config and the new gui are looking really smooth.

i´m excited hope i can test it out before I´m going to army  :|
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 05:50:42 pm »
Looks like next version number will be same. I mean, 1.5.1
I would prefer another one. 1.6 would be better for a new clean start =P

And release date maybe included in version name for all betas, if you are going to release more often instead of fixing all known bugs.

Edit:
Also I've just seen that FPS limit feature in new config.exe , Great.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:11:56 pm by xmRipper »
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 06:07:48 pm »
Looks cleaner, sharper, I like it.
Thanks for the heads up.
b&

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 08:19:38 pm »
Thanks for the update. More frequent updates is great, because the way it is now is just unbearable.
New config.exe GUI looks really nice. Soldat's GUI.. personally, I don't see any difference. o_O

I have a few ideas on how Soldat's GUI could be reorganized a bit, so I'll post them tomorrow (maybe even today if I have enough time).

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 09:16:20 pm »
I want to suggest removing the top bar in Soldat Config and rather add 2 more buttons in the right corner, one of them for moving the window around, and how about minimizing?
Also maybe color the video adapters window
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:24:46 pm by homerofgods »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 09:18:41 pm »
I on the other hand would like to suggest adding the top bar to Soldat in order to allow players to move Soldat window. Right now it's only possible when you're in the main menu and not in the game.

Offline Madow

• Major
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 12:18:05 am »
This is huge.

You guys have achieved more then what EnEsCe could even dream of doing in his entire lifetime.
[20:33:20] <DMC__> hes basiclly saying
[20:33:56] <DMC__> "hi there, this game has no garenteee that there is people to play with, nor is it well known, but please give me 15 bucks, you fool"

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 12:28:36 am »
I'm getting so excited, that I won't/can't say anyhting right now.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 12:46:25 am »

Offline Vv00t-SN

• Camper
  • I aim to please!
    • fuck you skoskav & everyone else fucking with my profile all the time.
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 02:42:08 am »
well, first of all - yay, new version! ;)

secondly, I also dont really see the big whoop about the menu gui.. but if it makes you happy..

last but not least, FPS LIMITING!/VSYNC SWITCH.. YAYYYYYYY!!  [pigtail]

either this kid has a lightbulb up his butt, or his colon has a great idea.
Soldat Quote DB: http://qdb.soldatgather.com/

Offline 10th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 03:48:46 am »
Greats improvements.

Though I would have liked to see the config simplified while you were working on it. Settings such as FPS limiting, Refresh rate and VSync all butt into each others' territory. Wouldn't it be better to just enforce triple buffering and page-flipping, and just let the user choose resolution and whether he wants the game to run in windowed mode? It's not like people can't run Soldat on max settings in 2011.

Offline Makaveli

• Major(1)
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 04:53:55 am »
First of all, big thanks for the dev team for doing something with soldat!

But... Will there be anything else added except some new tab looks? Integrating config with soldat's GUI will surely help new players to start their soldat experience but it's not the main problem why people leave this game or never really give it a chance.

For a long time already, from the day when Vista was launched to be precise, more and more people report problems with soldat on newer operating systems and hardware. I don't know much about programming etc but I can see the effect of this problem. For some time I've been experiencing it too. FPS limiting may be nice but not for people who are not able to get more than 30 fps on good machines which can produce higher fps for most of the latest games like Dead Space 2 or Test Drive Unlimited 2. In High Definition. The effect of this is that many people are unable to play on maps designed for more than 6-8 players and even on the smaller ones they get random(?) fps drops down to 3-4 frames.

Integrating MSAC will surely help. A great effort from Mr. Let's just hope it won't be having "client not responding" banfests :P

The real soldat problems from my point of view:
- compatibility issues resulting in awful performance;
- bugs (colorbug, ammobug - reaload after each shot, assjet bug - I hope you know what I mean by that, spawning with no or random weapon, problems during map change causing most players to be kicked, invisible grenades and bullets);
- massive teamkilling in spawn while choosing weapons or typing;
- wild polygons (sometime you bounce like a rubber ball on various terrain, especially bridges; in realistic modes bridges can be more lethal than nades);
- lack of head (gosteks don't have heads which could interact with anything else than bullets what makes your head often stuck in ceilings);
- users manipulating with game's looks (making obstacles transparent, making guns bigger than gosteks, adding position indicators to nades);
- no account system which could stop people with dynamic ip to rejoin servers seconds after being banned

Offline Fireman

• Major
  • D:
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 07:54:45 am »

They had one.. it was called Portal, I think they are removing it.

I agree with addressing those problems, but it will take time.

Soldat works fine for me on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. If you're a pirate google Windows Repository and just use that clean one, instead of crappy custom/user changed ones to not have any problems. Update everything like Directx, drivers, etc.

Are you sure it's not MSAC for you? People seem to having problems because of it.

Oh and I also used to play Soldat on Vista, it worked fine too. Too bad Windows XP is better, except it's old :(

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 08:48:16 am »
Yeyyy! Finally!

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 09:15:12 am »
I hope so much this to be added.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=39593.0
Are you going to do it?
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Elwy

• Major(1)
  • Livin` for & dying in ...
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 01:36:55 pm »
Good work, as administrator of czech Soldat portal I'm curious about the new anticheat API. Btw. is able to find somewhere more info about it?
I'm gonna have me some fun!

Offline A Gingerbreadman

• Major(1)
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 01:48:51 pm »
a good friend wants to know if youre gonna update the wm ?

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 02:32:12 pm »
@Elwy - It's kinda old news about MSAC. You can find more info here.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 02:45:37 pm »
We are currently working with Mr on the anticheat API. The rc1 will come out once it works.
This means we decided to release more often instead of fixing all known bugs first which would have taken even longer.
Very nice! :)

I've got three questions to the devs:
- Do you still use Mantis? And should we report bugs there?
- Do have your own plan what you gonna do next? I mean, do you have a list with all the things you want to fix/add/etc? Or do you just pick some random suggestions from the forums and the bugtracker?
- Will you do some beta-releases like EnEsCe did? I think it was pretty successful with about 15 beta-builds before the final release (which unfortunaly didn't happen). Or do you plan to test it internally and then just go for release-candidates? (which hopefully don't need 15 then builds :P)
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline nEttsE

• Soldier
  • I'm not hacker! I just love to eat all the bullets
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 04:01:47 pm »
I was waiting for this message few years already. Hope that Soldat will get back it's own gameplay without eatings and stuff. 'Skillahs, wake up!

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 04:09:23 pm »
I was waiting for this message few years already. Hope that Soldat will get back it's own gameplay without eatings and stuff. 'Skillahs, wake up!
nEttsE please come irc :)
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 07:28:37 pm »
Very nice! :)

I've got three questions to the devs:
- Do you still use Mantis? And should we report bugs there?
- Do have your own plan what you gonna do next? I mean, do you have a list with all the things you want to fix/add/etc? Or do you just pick some random suggestions from the forums and the bugtracker?
- Will you do some beta-releases like EnEsCe did? I think it was pretty successful with about 15 beta-builds before the final release (which unfortunaly didn't happen). Or do you plan to test it internally and then just go for release-candidates? (which hopefully don't need 15 then builds :P)
We will do a release candidate (or more then one) so you get to test it before the final release.
The bugtracker has lots of bugreports I'll have to go though them all when I find the time...
Currently we pick up stuff randomly.

a good friend wants to know if youre gonna update the wm ?
The soldat beta team is responsible for that. I'm sure there is a link on the forums somewhere.

I want to suggest removing the top bar in Soldat Config and rather add 2 more buttons in the right corner, one of them for moving the window around, and how about minimizing?
Also maybe color the video adapters window
I on the other hand would like to suggest adding the top bar to Soldat in order to allow players to move Soldat window. Right now it's only possible when you're in the main menu and not in the game.
The titlebars will not change.
At least I don't plan to change that.
We have more important stuff to do ;)
I like how soldat looks without titlebars it's something you wont find in another game.

Ok then show me some solutions please.

First of all, big thanks for the dev team for doing something with soldat!

But... Will there be anything else added except some new tab looks? Integrating config with soldat's GUI will surely help new players to start their soldat experience but it's not the main problem why people leave this game or never really give it a chance.

For a long time already, from the day when Vista was launched to be precise, more and more people report problems with soldat on newer operating systems and hardware. I don't know much about programming etc but I can see the effect of this problem. For some time I've been experiencing it too. FPS limiting may be nice but not for people who are not able to get more than 30 fps on good machines which can produce higher fps for most of the latest games like Dead Space 2 or Test Drive Unlimited 2. In High Definition. The effect of this is that many people are unable to play on maps designed for more than 6-8 players and even on the smaller ones they get random(?) fps drops down to 3-4 frames.

Integrating MSAC will surely help. A great effort from Mr. Let's just hope it won't be having "client not responding" banfests :P

The real soldat problems from my point of view:
- compatibility issues resulting in awful performance;
- bugs (colorbug, ammobug - reaload after each shot, assjet bug - I hope you know what I mean by that, spawning with no or random weapon, problems during map change causing most players to be kicked, invisible grenades and bullets);
- massive teamkilling in spawn while choosing weapons or typing;
- wild polygons (sometime you bounce like a rubber ball on various terrain, especially bridges; in realistic modes bridges can be more lethal than nades);
- lack of head (gosteks don't have heads which could interact with anything else than bullets what makes your head often stuck in ceilings);
- users manipulating with game's looks (making obstacles transparent, making guns bigger than gosteks, adding position indicators to nades);
- no account system which could stop people with dynamic ip to rejoin servers seconds after being banned
Just wait for the release candidate.
Currently I can't tell you if stuff runs super duper great but once it's out you can let us know how things look.

In fact I didn't include all stuff which has changed. Just check out the other devlog posts.
Rules

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 06:04:31 am »

Why not make text on all tabs while?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 03:01:40 pm »
Pure white would be a bit too much. I suggest 70%-80% grey.

Offline 10th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 06:09:01 pm »
It's not that big of a problem. The font's brightness could be increased, but by no more than 20%.

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 10:21:59 pm »
I dont see what the fuss is about, the tabs are perfect. If it is 'barely visible' you prob also have a CRT or a crap LCD.

This is what happens when you have monitors with contrast ratios ranging from 300:1 to 5000000:1
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 08:27:32 am »

Maybe this?

don't hit me.
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 08:46:16 am »
*looks at left picture*...*looks at right picture*...
hmmm...*looks at left picture*...*looks at right picture*.
Ah!
That's the sort of thing they are meaning mexer, good.

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 12:53:12 pm »
Here's my version of a future soldat menu style.

(animation)

http://www.filedropper.com/flashmenusoldat

I think a dynamic and more compact menu like this would fit better in this game...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 12:58:36 pm by Mexer »
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline PKS|Shooter

• Soldier
  • Dont fuck with us!
    • PKS - La Familia
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 04:01:28 pm »

(animation)

I think a dynamic and more compact menu like this would fit better in this game...

haha nice idea mexer bfbc2 ftw ;)

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 04:03:43 pm »
We have a separate thread for new ideas though ;) and an IRC channel to debate.

I think this update of the classic looks better than before.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 04:13:53 pm by thegrandmaster »

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 04:24:40 pm »
Actually, at first, I wanted to make a user-controllable flash menu so you can feel how easy it is to go trough those menus, but it seemed that getting those moving menus to actually work by a script is harder than I thought.
I guess I haven't done much of my Actionscript homework :P

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 04:09:17 pm »

(animation)

NEAT! Neat stuff. should happen imo. much more comfortable and fancy.

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2011, 11:34:01 am »
NEAT! Neat stuff. should happen imo. much more comfortable and fancy.

Haha, thanks.

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 04:47:13 pm »
meeh, why do you work on making the interface smoother, thats not what soldat needs right now, and is more like a offtopic issue/upgrade.

Theres bigger issues in this game that needs to be spend time on imo.

or is this thing really important I have basically no idea.

You tell me. ?!
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2011, 05:01:50 pm »
It's not AS important as fixing bugs that affect GAMEPLAY, but an ugly buggy interface will create a bad impression on new players, and more new players is what Soldat really needs right now. So IMHO fixing it up a bit is rather important too.

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 05:14:51 pm »
Well it change that much did it now.
www.idunwantanpage.com

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2011, 05:15:45 pm »
@L[0ne]R: You just stole my words.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 05:23:11 pm by Monsteri »
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 05:50:31 am »
Uh can't wait to check it out. About the menu, it may be improved but changing it into whole new level is bad idea, Soldat should keep its simple style imo.

Im chill like that

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 12:05:46 pm »
Uh can't wait to check it out. About the menu, it may be improved but changing it into whole new level is bad idea, Soldat should keep its simple style imo.

It is what got you, me, and everyone playing Soldat hooked to it, right?
Polish it up, but don't screw with its vanilla.
b&

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
  • Scripting beginner, mapper&owner of BCB servers.
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 01:23:25 pm »
nothing else to edit^^
BCB-Clan Page
You also can find clan BCB on our servers.

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline Mercury92

• Camper
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2011, 04:09:52 am »
So today is RC release :3
2011-03-03
[saw]  on 1.5.1

Offline The_Punisher

• Major(1)
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2011, 10:50:23 am »
sounds good!
I hope this new anticheat will be a lot better than msac. With msac many players got fps probs and it was still possible to cheat with easy methods.

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2011, 11:16:46 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is the MSAC in the new version.. What apparently doesn't seem to come today.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2011, 12:12:03 pm »
I'm pretty sure it'll be MSAC and not some other anticheat. True, MSAC is still a bit buggy and doesn't detect some cheats but you have to remember it's still beta. Mr wrote that the next version will be much improved, just give him some time.

Offline archie

• Major(1)
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2011, 02:25:08 pm »
New version coming  SOON™.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2011, 02:49:53 pm »
I smell rage mode on. Please people just don't whine if release get postponed.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2011, 03:01:02 pm »

No need to; by now everyone should be used to it. :)
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2011, 03:40:22 pm »

No need to; by now everyone should be used to it. :)

As much as I hate to say this, you're actually 100% right.
b&

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2011, 04:22:25 pm »
Maybe he ment 2012 ;) Whatever is making them wait, must be worth it :) I don't mind cuz I got school work over my head anyway. I suggest everyone should take the extra time to get ready, really ready!

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2011, 04:58:46 pm »
oh I was the whole day like: oooh whats this new version gonna give/bring I waaant to see this happenin

and then I read here, just as I had to expect O_O NO RELEASE YET ROFL
www.idunwantanpage.com

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2011, 05:39:41 pm »
@devs: take your time i'd better see it is actually worth releasing

Im chill like that

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2011, 05:40:16 pm »
Polifen talked with Shoozza today on IRC. Apparently he had some issues with his network that he needed to take care off so he wasn't able to work on new version.

Offline TheV

• Soldier
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2011, 05:50:15 pm »
Rofl... Same story, new devepolers.

Shit just never changes.

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2011, 06:05:28 pm »
Oh I totally forgot to release the rc1, damn!

Kidding ;)

Sorry, for not releasing the rc1. I tried but it was just too much.

The anticheat api just needs more work then expected.
I'll skip that for the rc1 and release on 2011-03-04 or 2011-03-05.

But now I'm really really tired from coding and bugfixing.
Rules

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2011, 07:33:54 pm »

I don't quite get it..

The release candidate soldat or the rc1?!

www.idunwantanpage.com

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2011, 07:57:09 pm »

I don't quite get it..

The release candidate soldat or the rc1?!

RC1, a.k.a. first Release Candidate of 1.5.1.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2011, 08:07:23 pm »
@Meteorisch: I am no grammar-nazi. At least as long as you can understand what's said. But I have never experienced such unawareness of not making sense before.

@TheV: Blog about it. The new devs are actually working on Soldat and not coding some bullshit hacks for Lockerz.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2011, 10:59:22 pm »
rc1 will be used as the oficial version or it's a separated thing?
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2011, 11:39:42 pm »
release candidate means that if no (major) bugs are found it will be the final, stable version. at least that's what it supposed to mean. don't know how the devs gonna handle it.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2011, 04:29:33 am »
The Release Candidate soldat or the rc1?!

hahaha maaan
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2011, 09:22:45 am »
trolld
www.idunwantanpage.com

Offline Slojoe17

• Major(1)
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2011, 03:01:59 pm »
you should add and update with berel smoke hand gore (hands can be shot off) try to solve more with hacker problem maby more commands like /smoke things i talked to people about and they said yea that would make it even more awesome. if you can do this thanks. maby a way to make costom animations for your mods would be awesome. try your best to make some of this thanks! ;)