Author Topic: Favorite servers.  (Read 1054 times)

Offline TheV

• Soldier
Favorite servers.
« on: February 24, 2011, 08:19:24 am »
I'm not sure if this has been suggested, and I'm too tired to search, just got of work, I work overnights. /end blahblahbalh

But.

I would like soldat to pre-load my favorite servers into the Lobby once I select join game.

Instead of the drop down box, I would like to know if any of my favorite servers are online/full/empty without having to load the entire server list and find said servers.

;\

Get it?

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
Re: Favorite servers.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 08:58:41 am »
Yeah I also think there should be a Favorites server list tab... like:

• internet
  • local
  • favorites

...or something.
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 09:50:24 am »
Although the borders/design etc has been altered since this one, it's the concept I am thinking of with this:

Upon hovering/clicking on 'Online Play', it opens this up - a small list of fav.servers.

Another idea would just be to have a dropdown list next to the current 'Add to Favourites' (etc) buttons are in the Join Game tab.
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 11:01:22 am »
Although the borders/design etc has been altered since this one, it's the concept I am thinking of with this:

Upon hovering/clicking on 'Online Play', it opens this up - a small list of fav.servers.

Another idea would just be to have a dropdown list next to the current 'Add to Favourites' (etc) buttons are in the Join Game tab.

I like it. I only hope that it's zoomed in cause I love compact and nicely styled menus. (like i did in that flash :D)
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 12:02:25 pm »
I've suggested similar thing on IRC. Anyway, I think it should be done in some tabs way like Mexer said before. Internet, LAN, Favourites. Just switch between those tabs to see the servers you want.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 06:47:33 pm »
not too bad idea :O

I would like to be able to STAR favourited servers, and they would allways appear on top.