Author Topic: First touch  (Read 5972 times)

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
First touch
« on: October 16, 2010, 09:26:57 am »
I remeber still the day when I saw first time soldat. Here it comes: Clock is 21:09.

Just I and my big brother are home. I was playing in my room with little warmen-toys.
(I was six and half years old.) My big bro called me to come to living room. ``******, come here!´´ He was eight years old. ``Look, what game daddy loaded to computer.´´

´´ I don't remember what version of soldat it was, but he was playing arena with 4 or 5 bots, I don't remember excatly everything, but most of it. (And I don't wonder it.) :P

He was going left side of arena, going down, and he was playing very dump. We didn't even know how to fly. And we guessed that a long time. He played about five minutes, and blood was leaking.  ;)

When he stopped, he said: ``Now, you don't tell to anybody that I showed to you this game, or you will find it your forwards.´´ But soldat still wasn't anything mystic secret, he probadly was just joking.
I remember too, how we was in agony with bots, how difficult they were with impossible. Beating bots with that degree of difficulty was to us just a dream.  :D

But now I', laughing very lot to our n00bness.  ;D  Tell your first memories of soldat too here!
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: First touch
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 09:45:31 am »
a friend of mine discoverd it cause it was released on a games magazin :) i played it kinda a while vs. bots and we were like "lollllol this is game is soo cool cause of all that blood " :D

haha
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 10:05:46 am »
You know, making a topic named "First touch" and writing about only you and your brother at home... isn't a good idea.

My big bro called me to come to living room. ``******, come here!´´
He played about five minutes, and blood was leaking.  ;)

If you read the first post in a little distorted way, it becomes a whole different story.

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 10:14:59 am »
Which else should I had to tell? That was the situation, When I first saw soldat. But back to topic.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 03:19:57 am »
Monsteri this is an awesome thread!

I was at a friends house, he showed me this PlayStation 3 game called crash commando. It was a 3D sidescroller shooter much like Soldat (actually a lot different). My older brother bought a PS3 some time later. -When he moved out I bought my own PS3. CC was the first game I bought for it. It was $9.99 download only (PSN title) I was watching a gameplay of CC on youtube and I saw a comment saying "Soldat clone", "Best Soldat Clone so far" and "Soldat should get money for the idea... I hope they do." I was thinking WTF is Soldat?? I looked it up on youtube and the very first time I saw Soldat was Soldat Veterans Video (I watched Part 1 and 2). I was captivated! I had to have this game! When I found it was free on PC I was so happy; I prefer PC game for the keybaord and mouse but my computer has a s**tty graphics card and nothing will even load. I knew that Soldat would not be a issue in this case xD I love the mods for Soldat, the history and community; glad to be a part of it!

That was a year and a half ago. I'm still very new to Soldat. I've read lots of the wiki and Wikipedia as well as other info/history about Soldat and MM, so I've got the basics; just need the details now xD. I mostly played bots too, until I got good.. kind of.. I signed up on the forums about 2 months ago (CC community is dead 30-40 people left but many still play online). I'm making a fan app now (NOW IN BETA! see signature!) as well as a big mod (comming... soon).
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 04:47:49 am »
Monsteri this is an awesome thread!
Thanks. Keep replying, people, it's very nice to read these. (I'm waiting for your mod.) :)
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
  • Polybugger off, I'm mapping! D:
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 01:08:56 pm »
 For me, I was digging through the LIST OF FREEWARE VIDEO GAMES and THE OPENSOURCE GAMES WIKI and saw SOLDAT listed there. I like trying new (To me.. XD) games out and seeing what they have to offer. Since the newer recruits on A.V.A were becoming major a--hats and I got tired of carrying my team, I played SOLDAT. When I also realized how much control one had over map look/design as well as the fast, Quick-to-get-into gameplay I got doubly hooked.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
WARNING: This thread may contain nuts!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

- LIST OF MY MAPS ON TMS -

Offline Bennet

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 08:13:26 am »
Which else should I had to tell? That was the situation, When I first saw soldat. But back to topic.

Soldier pretty important this factor. Good question.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 08:31:32 am »
a friend of mine discoverd it cause it was released on a games magazin :) i played it kinda a while vs. bots and we were like "lollllol this is game is soo cool cause of all that blood " :D

haha

Same story, man. 'Twas the Bravo Screenfun, right?

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 12:49:10 pm »
My ICT teacher :P set up a network game in the computer room for end of year, played it ever since (was a long time ago now!)
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 01:56:04 pm »
For me, I was on some programming site. Can't remember the name, but it was 1.05b. Never played on the internet for a while, never even tried. I was a lot younger, I think I was nervous haha. But offline it was the most fun I've ever gotten outta a computer game. I practiced a lot before I stepped into the onlineness and was consumed.

EDIT: Just thought of the site: hackthissite forums.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:01:20 pm by jettlarue »

Offline RafiPZ

• Soldier
  • You can't spell awesome without ME!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 02:15:29 pm »
I was looking for a new game to play back in '05 or '06 and found Soldat on this website.
I think I played offline for a year, donno why I think I was nervous to go online too XD.

They still have 1.2.1 uploaded lol

Offline Tekidek

• Major
  • Touché!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 04:45:11 pm »
2005 or 2006, i don't remember, i found Soldat listed on Fliperama and i kept playing with Bots and 3 more friends for 1 or 2 months. When they stopped playing with me ('cuz they preferred MU Online) i started playing Multiplayer.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Offline Death-Knight1

• Major
  • >> Decay
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 07:28:14 am »
started arround 2002-2003 but later ill tell my whole story if i remember it =)
#Oxid
#Double.impact

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 07:59:34 am »
Found this jewel while browsing online magazines for freeware shooters, some kind of "Top 10" list, some of you might know it.
I believe it was v1.4.1 or .2, and in my own opinion, the best one ever.
Before that I had only played a bit of 1.3.1 at my cousin's in Europe.

I did my first flip by accident while trying to "dodge" an M79 shot xD
I was prouder than a straight A student's parents.
b&

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 08:54:54 am »

haha

Same story, man. 'Twas the Bravo Screenfun, right?

GameStar :)
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |