Poll

M4-Carbine back

Yes
Maybe
Don't Know?
I think no...
For sure no
Remove Minigun and add m4

Author Topic: M4-Carbine from v0.97b.  (Read 6633 times)

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
Re: M4-Carbine from v0.97b.
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2011, 12:19:58 pm »
ok ok FNminimi with 100 bullets is dumb idea but what about removing the minigun with m4 and doing it like i said before?
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline Jerkington XIII

• Major
  • Yes we camp!
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 12:22:51 pm »
quoting myself:
#5, (M4) why a step back?
#6, (M4) another generic auto? no thanks, i like minigun, when teh lulz is needed. besides, (ego +1) I'm one of those rare guys who play (realistic) minigun with skill.
#7, (@DarkCrusade) exactly

tl;dr: No.
and i wasn't the only one, so, again:
No.
From #soldat.devs:
<evhO> I think qb is trying to kill soldat

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2011, 05:59:32 pm »
And fix your poll options, it's either yes or no.
"I don't know" is just a waste of cyberspace.

And as said before, if you don't like the Steyr go find someone to make you an M4 conversion or do it yourself.
b&

Offline 10th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 02:57:10 pm »
Why must you replace an existing weapon? If you want an M4 or whatever then suggest that as a new weapon.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 07:42:05 am »
Why must you replace an existing weapon? If you want an M4 or whatever then suggest that as a new weapon.
I'd assume you're talking about modding when you talk about "replace". (even though I know full well you're referring to "replace minigun with m4")

I have no real issue with having new weapons in Soldat, but my question is whether it would be any different from the existing weapons and therefore whether that would enhance Soldat's gameplay. I cannot agree with a simple "I WANT AN M4" without elaboration on how this M4 can be implemented into the game without being essentially another one of the existing autos, in which I'd rather just suggest the user modded his own weapons or we add some kind of ability to choose the skin of your weapon in the weapon menu itself.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:27:18 am by STM1993 »

Offline TheV

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 08:18:06 am »
Could add an m4 with burst fire, shooting 3 shots at a time.

New to soldat, and besides the m4 looks sexy.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 10:43:31 am »
add some kind of ability to choose the skin of your weapon in the weapon menu itself.

Now there's something worth looking into.

@TheV: A burst fire mode would not only need some coding, I suppose, but also a lot of balancing.
b&

Offline 10th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 12:28:25 am »
@TheV: A burst fire mode would not only need some coding, I suppose, but also a lot of balancing.

Yeah, if it requires any sort of effort it's not worth putting in the game. oO

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 08:35:47 am »

No, but if the time put into it could've been invested in fixing bugs, Soldat would be playable again.
b&

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 02:27:05 pm »

No, but if the time put into it could've been invested in fixing bugs, Soldat would be playable again.

Wow would be playable again wow i wonder what that mans or it doesn't mean anything  :o   
ps.the burst one is way better
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 02:53:51 pm »

Wow would be playable again wow i wonder what that mans or it doesn't mean anything  :o   

It means I could play it without having to swear my tongue off every 5 minutes over some fucked up BE kick or netcode glitch.
b&

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 04:36:09 pm »

It means I could play it without having to swear my tongue off every 5 minutes over some f**ked up BE kick or netcode glitch.
i don't got that my soldat runs fine Connect fine and evrything  :-\

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 04:59:19 pm »
It means I could play it without having to swear my tongue off every 5 minutes over some f**ked up BE kick or netcode glitch.
That's true, but it'll take awhile 'til most bugs are fixed, so might as well spice it up with a new feature or two, so we don't get bored while waiting for bugs to be fixed. :P

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 06:29:20 pm »
Yep a new feature would be awesome :)