Poll

Should corpses stay for few minutes longer?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Bodies forever  (Read 4402 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: Bodies forever
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2011, 08:04:28 am »
I want to shoot the corpses and see them fly across the screen (ragdoll physics ftw), it's just that I don't want the corpse to ultimately obstruct my bullets, so shooting a corpse will still move the corpse but the bullets will still fly through as though they weren't blocked. The best example of this is the powerup boxes; they will fly when shot but the bullets hitting them are not obstructed.

My idea was, that when the owner has respawned, the bodies keep lying there, and they go as background (like an extra scenery) behind gostexs and not blocking the fire.
If what I'm thinking you're suggesting is correct, you basically want the corpse to become a scenery the moment the owner is respawned. That'd mean if the corpse was flying halfway through the air, it'd suddenly freeze there. Secondly, the corpse is shootable initially, but once the owner spawns, the corpse can't be shot and can't be pushed around when I want them to be. Which also will not solve the problem that Horve presents about identifying who has spawned and who has not.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:06:46 am by STM1993 »