Author Topic: Soldat 1.5.1e Beta (with server)  (Read 52322 times)

Offline -Bendarr-

• Soldier
Re: Soldat 1.5.1e Beta (with server)
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 05:27:51 pm »
Is this really where we should post Bugs?

sure why not. not like its hard for them to read through a few pages of posts compared to using some fucking ridiculous mantis system for inputting bugs like FLAB and enesce tried to do which involved accounts and other crap

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2011, 05:52:36 pm »
Modified Spectators can only use Team Chat in Survival Mode while a round is active. Only applies to Spectator team

requesting to undo it as it's completely unnecessery and probably going to be very annoying :(
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2011, 05:56:23 pm »

No Polish fonts in config.

Offline WanteD

• Major(1)
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2011, 06:24:28 pm »
When I try to play online, I get this error:

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2011, 06:29:15 pm »
E VERYTHING SUCKS!11111

soldat should be centered to the main screen

limit mouse to the game window please, so that win7 popups from the taskbar don't pop up etc
it's annoying when you whole game window disappears randomly

OK BUTTON NO WORK IN LANG TAB IN CONFIG

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2011, 06:32:46 pm »
Fixed InterfaceText/Image custom resolution scaling
What exactly is it supposed to do? I tried multiple custom interfaces, but they're all still misaligned and fixed to 640x480 (both in fullscreen and windowed mode).
Any hopes of having for interfaces use anchors in the near future?

P.S. I also have a bug with a missing "Move Left" button in the controls section.

Offline Madow

• Major
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2011, 06:35:00 pm »
Good job, judging by the massive changelog, seems like you guys have done a lot in a short amount of time.
From what I can see, some things were done by EnEsCe. :P
But yeah, even without those the amount of fixes is still pretty massive.
I seriously doubt that. I'm sure the current guys had to go through the trouble and undo what EnEsCe did to the game.
[20:33:20] <DMC__> hes basiclly saying
[20:33:56] <DMC__> "hi there, this game has no garenteee that there is people to play with, nor is it well known, but please give me 15 bucks, you fool"

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2011, 06:35:40 pm »
Facing some issues with the FPS even on solo.
And the weapon menu's been overlapping on my screen 800x600, and higher, which has never happened before.
b&

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2011, 06:36:37 pm »
"Modifier players can not see enemy team chat in Realistic mode if the enemy player is not visible"

well, now I have to modify my  "I'm here!" or "Can't see me!" taunts... sigh
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline steppenwo1f

• Major(1)
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2011, 07:10:57 pm »
meh i noticed crouchbug while testing it. :/
Unfortunatelly i was killed before i could record that.

And flag can be thrown through flagger collide polygons, so they in fact don't stop the flagger.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 07:14:32 pm by steppenwo1f »

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2011, 07:11:31 pm »
Too bad no Chatmod integration =P
Nice work :)
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2011, 07:19:57 pm »
Having modified background colour in a map results in "wrong map version" error. As suggested here, one should be allowed to decide the colour by oneself.

The key for flag throwing is pretty silly at the moment. Currently it's just W+S behind one keystroke - this causes the soldier to jump or roll while throwing. Also, as Loner pointed out, eliminating the possibility of accidental throwing was the main reason for the suggestion and it's not changed.

This.

Offline -Bendarr-

• Soldier
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2011, 07:44:50 pm »
- Fixed editing a maps colours and not getting kicked for wrong map version.
Modified calculations of checksums for maps

Definitely unnecessary. Soldat checked if any polygon type, position, or amount of polygons was changed, but allowed for color modification. My entire mod is based around this fact and I have always had different color mods -> http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=39626.0

That's why I enjoy Soldat, for its modding capabilities to make the game look how I want to play it. Honestly, if I have to play without my colorful mods (I have several others) I won't play much longer.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2011, 07:48:14 pm »
Nice work :)
yes
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2011, 07:57:18 pm »
*The  weapon stats at F1 - F2 dont work...
*In inf Bravo team can capture FLAG!!!
*The nades are shown as soldat version "1.5.1.20"
*the /mercy bug still works
*It gets sometimes changing weapons from same and it goes so
-deagles switch mp5 switch ak74 switch steyr switch spas12  ???
*and a bug i buy a weapon "ak spas" and it gets something like blinking from visible to invisible and i cant shoot i only got fists then  :-\
*But anyway the weapons balance is pretty good i like the barrett but! its reload is weird  :o  its reloads for 1 SECOND!
and i think i seen much more bugs but im so tired i continue tomorow with the bug list  ;)

PS.The F1 is now much better  :)
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2011, 08:26:02 pm »
So, bug reports so far:

- Missing "Move Left" button in controls.

- In scoreboard: you should increase spacing above team separators. Right now team names in scoreboard are too close to elements above (nicknames, top of the scoreboard).

- Crouch bug is still there, happened to me and someone else 2 times. (YOU LIIIIEEEEEEDD TO US!!!!! </3)

- Can't drop LAW while it's reloading (I think it's a relatively old bug, but since flamer is fixed - might as well fix the LAW, especially since it's used more often than flamer).

- Weapon stats are blank in multiplayer (the stats window is visible, but no weapons or stats for them are shown). Someone (Mexer, I think) said that it worked for him in multiplayer, but then he went to change some settings, came back and stats stopped working for him too.

- Weird numbers appear in console every now and then.
First it was like this: they started at -1 and then kept decreasing every 15-20 seconds. If I switch servers - they didn't reset, they'd just pick up from the last value and keep decreasing. They would only reset to 0 if I restarted the game. In multiplayer they seemed to appear each time I got a kill (and would decrease by -1), but sometimes they appeared when I didn't kill anyone.
Then: I further tested this with bots in single player, and numbers seemed to appear less often. This time they appeared more randomly and less when I killed the bots.
Then.. something happened: I threw the flag with the G button, and suddenly those numbers started reacting to my mouse's scrolling wheel. If I scrolled down - the value would decrease, and if I scrolled up - it would increase with every scroll. Restarting the game would reset the value back to 0, but now it's still tied to scrolling wheel. :/ I went back to the server to test in online, and it also was tied to the wheel. So it doesn't appear randomly anymore but instead changes with every wheel scroll.
What I tried to fix this: assigning/unassigning/reassigning something to the scrolling wheel, reassigning flag throw button, using different profiles - same thing (scroll wheel increases/decreases the value and spams numbers in the console).

Other comments:
- When creating a new profile - it should create a default "Major" profile, and not copy the one you're currently using.
- Isn't SOCOM a bit too powerful now? It's a lot faster and seems to have better range than before. It's much more fun to play with, but in in terms of balance it now seems superior to other secondaries. actually I guess it's ok, since other secondaries are pretty-much one-shots...
- Fast reload for barrett is unnecessary IMHO. It's not really a big issue since 10 ammo is already more than enough, but a long reload should still be there to prevent camping for too long. It may even be worth lowering the amount of ammo in one clip to, maybe, 5-6?
- Will Moonshine, Rise and Warehouse remakes be added for testing? Also Krab remake.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 08:59:30 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2011, 08:27:30 pm »
I have absolutely no idea how you people press W+S by accident. It's never happened to me, but maybe it's because I'm left-handed. If it's really that big of a problem you can just go around it with AutoHotkey:
Code: [Select]
#IfWinActive, Soldat      ; only if Soldat's window is active
~w & s::return            ; remap "[S] while holding [W]" to nothing
~s & w::return            ; remap "[W] while holding [S]" to nothing
CapsLock::                ; remap [CapsLock] to...
  Send {w down}{s down}   ; 1) press and hold [W] and [S]
  Sleep 100               ; 2) wait 0.1 s
  Send {w up}{s up}       ; 3) release [W] and [S]
return                    ; end of block
#IfWinActive              ; end of "only if Soldat's window is active"
Install AutoHotkey, make a new text file anywhere on your disk, paste the code above, save, change the file's extension to AHK (you need to have displaying extensions turned on) and run the file.
It'll remap key combination [W]+[S] to [nothing], and make [CapsLock] simulate [W]+[S], thus throwing the flag. I used capslock because I don't think it's really used in regular chit-chat and won't interfere with other things.
Of course, remapping capslock is useful only for versions prior to 1.5.1, as it seems to have dedicated button for throwing the flag.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:34:33 pm by freestyler »

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2011, 09:10:22 pm »
Uhm I still have the old bug, that when someones black, and you cannot see this person ingame shooting you. But in f1 he's noticed as a spectator.

As you can see on the top right of the death console hes/her name is black.

This is a old known bug, not sure if it was supposed to be gone with this version though.
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline deguix

• Major
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2011, 09:34:13 pm »
-deagles switch mp5 switch ak74 switch steyr switch spas12  ???
*and a bug i buy a weapon "ak spas" and it gets something like blinking from visible to invisible and i cant shoot i only got fists then  :-\
*But anyway the weapons balance is pretty good i like the barrett but! its reload is weird  :o  its reloads for 1 SECOND!
lol... not related to soldat beta... that's my script, and it's bugged (I was testing my server script publicly) :/

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2011, 10:24:28 pm »
Another bug, which was introduced in 1.5: when trying to start a vote - you no longer see messages "you have to wait 2 minutes after joining the server" or "you have to wait 2 minutes after your last vote". Nothing is displayed in the console.

Also, unicode doesn't seem to work (a 1.5.1 bug, I think)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:26:53 pm by L[0ne]R »