Author Topic: Soldat 1.5.1e Beta (with server)  (Read 52306 times)

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
Re: Soldat 1.5.1e Beta (with server)
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2011, 10:37:33 pm »
First of all: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO...!
Then: GJ dev-team! :)

My favourite changes:
Added Flag throw button up/down still works.
Added Fuzzy Hashed HardwareIDs
Added Score Board (F1) will now display the current Server Name at the top left corner
Added Score Board (F1) will now display the "Server Info" message under the server name
Modified Team Bink is now reduced by 50% when Friendly Fire is disabled. You will get no Team Bink at all if you are not moving
Fixed alt+number taunt chooses weapon when weapons menu is visible
Fixed alt+number taunt chooses team when team menu is visible
Fixed player names being invisible on F1 list
Fixed Spas12 reloading while firing no longer allows infinite shots
Fixed chat console not being transparent while Weapon Stats is open
Fixed registration star appearing for bots and players who aren't actually registered
Fixed Flame Thrower not being able to drop in multiplayer
Fixed access Violation on shutdown

Added Flag throw button. up/down still works.
^-- That's my one and only disappointment. The whole point of changing the way flag is thrown was because people threw it by mistake when accidentally pressing up+down. How about having up+down NOT work if a different key is set? If no custom flag throw key was set - THEN use up+down by default.
Word.

From what I can see, some things were done by EnEsCe. :P
But yeah, even without those the amount of fixes is still pretty massive.
I seriously doubt that. I'm sure the current guys had to go through the trouble and undo what EnEsCe did to the game.
I doubt that the ongoing dev-team didn't do any changes but as far as I can see most of the changes are from EnEsCe. I don't wanna start a discussion but give him the props he deserves. Just check the old changelog from v1.5.1.b12.

- Crouch bug is still there, happened to me and someone else 2 times. (YOU LIIIIEEEEEEDD TO US!!!!! </3)
No, EnEsCe lied. This fix is from him. And it also didn't work in his latest builds.

Too bad no Chatmod integration =P
Oh yeah, pls!

And I've uploaded the Installer to VirusTotal (and also to Jotti). Only two hits, definitely false positives.
But one thing is interesting:
TimeStamp: 2011:02:09 13:43:39+01:00
Is it really that old? So you had one month of internal testing or is this timestamp wrong?

-----

At long last: Devs, pls remember what has had happend the last time we had a public beta-version. There where 15 beta-builds and finally even a release candidate (aka build 15). But this whole procedure took more than six months as far as I can remember. And after some weeks nobody cared for the beta anymore (at least the test-servers where empty). Pls don't do the same. Do not choose the Firefox-like way. Don't try to make the next version perfect. What we only need is another "final" version. A version which replaces the old one. So that everyone needs to update the client. So that after one-two weeks the majority of servers use the newest version. It's not about a bugless version. Who cares if the new version will have some flaws? We are used to this and still we played it like crazy.
Why I'm saying this? Because we need some action/publicity which also reaches the non-forumers and the casual-players. We need to stop the decreasing player-count. And we also need some more forumers. So: Go for small releases (like Mozilla's gonna do with the next versions - Firefox 5's schedule is in approx. three-four months btw). Try to fix only the most important bugs in this version and then go for the 1.5.1 FINAL.
Don't get me wrong - I appreciate everything what you've done but I'm fearing again that in some weeks it will be the same situation as before...
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2011, 11:03:15 pm »
At long last: Devs, pls remember what has had happend the last time we had a public beta-version. There where 15 beta-builds and finally even a release candidate (aka build 15). But this whole procedure took more than six months as far as I can remember. And after some weeks nobody cared for the beta anymore (at least the test-servers where empty). Pls don't do the same. Do not choose the Firefox-like way. Don't try to make the next version perfect. What we only need is another "final" version. A version which replaces the old one. So that everyone needs to update the client. So that after one-two weeks the majority of servers use the newest version. It's not about a bugless version. Who cares if the new version will have some flaws? We are used to this and still we played it like crazy.
Why I'm saying this? Because we need some action/publicity which also reaches the non-forumers and the casual-players. We need to stop the decreasing player-count. And we also need some more forumers. So: Go for small releases (like Mozilla's gonna do with the next versions - Firefox 5's schedule is in approx. three-four months btw). Try to fix only the most important bugs in this version and then go for the 1.5.1 FINAL.
Don't get me wrong - I appreciate everything what you've done but I'm fearing again that in some weeks it will be the same situation as before...
I agree. Today I've had some really fun matches with a lot of people from SF, but now it's almost 10PM and all beta servers are almost dead. I really hope that people are just taking a break and not abandoning beta completely.

Also.. got more work for you, guys. :P
When trying to run modded Soldat using starter.exe - Soldat doesn't start up. No error messages, no anything, starter just closes but the game doesn't launch. Non-modded Soldat starts just fine when using starter.

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2011, 11:23:03 pm »
Thank you guys for your work and effort.
But... there are some bugs, as usual :P

1. I have some kind of artifacts that looks like underline chars that randomly blinks in game (some of them have constant coordinates): screen1screen2

2. Same issues with FPS limiter mentioned above ("60" = real 32fps, "120" = 67fps)

N.B. WinXP SP3 & ATI HD 5700 series graphics card

- "Modified pressing escape while typing will now clear chat buffer"
Good, but why it shows Esc menu 1st in this case. Why not just close and clear message/command console on Esc.

- Why "ctf_B2b" was renamed into "ctf_b2b"
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 11:43:11 pm by SyavX »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2011, 11:27:11 pm »
1. I have some kind of artifacts that looks like underline chars that randomly blinks in game (some of the have constant coordinates): screen1screen2
Judging by its position I'd say it has something to do with the in-game lobby chat window (one that opens with "~" button).

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2011, 11:41:31 pm »
Another "bug":
- Config.exe --> Network --> Internet Connection Speed --> it's empty

But actually: What does this even change? If it changes some settings which could improve the connection somehow then pls update it to the 21st centure. Noone uses 56k or ISDN any more. Let us choose between download-speed like "1Mbit/s", "2Mbit/s", "3Mbit/s", "6Mbit/s", "10Mbit/s", "12Mbit/s", "16Mbit/s", "20Mbit/s", "25Mbit/s", etc.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2011, 11:56:58 pm »
2. Same issues with FPS limiter mentioned above ("60" = real 32fps, "120" = 67fps)

N.B. WinXP SP3 & ATI HD 5700 series graphics card
That's true?
Maybe it's the why that I feel the game too 'heavy'...
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Nawl

• Major(1)
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2011, 12:31:53 am »
first things i found.
1. weapon statistic (f1+f2) dont shows anything on multiplayer - it works only on singleplayer. also why dont make it on f5? would be much better than clicking first f1 then f2.
2. fps limiter dont works for me. on multiplayer and single player, full screen and not full screen ;> just dont work.
3. when i do 'auto record' in config(it makes demos automatically without pressing f8 ingame) i cant do it off by pressing f8 ingame cuz it starts next demo automatically... idk do that was going to works like that.
4. when i do vote for an map(by pressing esc then vote map then find map and vote) and im not enought time on server or just voted there show an message "you have to wait 2 minutes(...)" and also when i vote for any map by command like "/votemap ctf_Ash" there dont show any message - its old bug but would be nice to fix it.
5. did you changed polygons in maps? for example i can go into tower in airpirates cuz there is some doesn't collide polygons:

i have one question... did you make any chages in net code? i mean fixing hits and eats cuz this is most importand thing, dont it?

also an suggestion to add...
it would be great when i can do config ingame and change taunts, i mean to add an tab bar where it will be possible - all ingame.

sorry for possible bad eng ;>

You're Pro or you're Noob. That's life.

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
  • Scripting beginner, mapper&owner of BCB servers.
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2011, 03:10:06 am »
all the bugs i've seen so far are already reported, i just wanna say good the beta is here but im not that happy.. many bugs still there and i've seen on the beta more bugs then on current soldat version :O well its beta... but more bugs^^? (beside the new features flag trow - new button and such stuff)

hopefully there will come fast fixes :D the litle bee's here reported the bugs quick :D xD
BCB-Clan Page
You also can find clan BCB on our servers.

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2011, 03:34:01 am »
1. Antialiasing option doesn't work
2. Vsync option doesn't work (though it remains enabled in config)
3. FPS limiter doesn't work (btw how is it supposed to work with vsync?)
3. Left key assignment button is gone
4. weird "OK" window popups  when assigning controls
5. random spam in chat
6. please remove or rename that modified Tigran

Offline mtk

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2011, 04:41:55 am »

Offline Hellboy

• Major(1)
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2011, 04:46:54 am »
No move left*  [pigtail]

Left <---> Right.

Great job devs.
fr0g|Hellboy
Waives|Hellboy

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2011, 04:52:43 am »
If there are new polytypes, don't we need an updated polyworks?
GJ
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline mtk

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2011, 04:59:30 am »
No move left*  [pigtail]

Left <---> Right.

Great job devs.
DAMN UR RIGHT :D i made epic fail :D

Offline Spewer

• Major(1)
  • Rooooar
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2011, 05:17:42 am »
On ctf_snakebite bottom of red flag spawing point, really annoying polybug :<
pffft

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2011, 05:22:15 am »
1. Antialiasing option doesn't work
2. Vsync option doesn't work (though it remains enabled in config)
3. FPS limiter doesn't work (btw how is it supposed to work with vsync?)
3. Left key assignment button is gone
4. weird "OK" window popups  when assigning controls
5. random spam in chat
6. please remove or rename that modified Tigran

Antialiasing is disabled in vista/win7 because it fucks up for some reason,  sorry you feel that way about tigran afaik the things removed are the transparent polygon mountains if you feel like doing those into images and putting them in the background I can add that version instead. or just remove it up to you really.
No idea why the left button isnt there is on my screen.... will be fixed though no worries.

first things i found.
1. weapon statistic (f1+f2) dont shows anything on multiplayer - it works only on singleplayer. also why dont make it on f5? would be much better than clicking first f1 then f2.
2. fps limiter dont works for me. on multiplayer and single player, full screen and not full screen ;> just dont work.
3. when i do 'auto record' in config(it makes demos automatically without pressing f8 ingame) i cant do it off by pressing f8 ingame cuz it starts next demo automatically... idk do that was going to works like that.
4. when i do vote for an map(by pressing esc then vote map then find map and vote) and im not enought time on server or just voted there show an message "you have to wait 2 minutes(...)" and also when i vote for any map by command like "/votemap ctf_Ash" there dont show any message - its old bug but would be nice to fix it.
5. did you changed polygons in maps? for example i can go into tower in airpirates cuz there is some doesn't collide polygons:

i have one question... did you make any chages in net code? i mean fixing hits and eats cuz this is most importand thing, dont it?

also an suggestion to add...
it would be great when i can do config ingame and change taunts, i mean to add an tab bar where it will be possible - all ingame.

sorry for possible bad eng ;>

That particular airpirates bug was fixed but seems to have missed makeing it into the beta will be fixed.

When I try to play online, I get this error:

Most likely your wmi is borked anyways contact me and we will try to sort it out.

Having modified background colour in a map results in "wrong map version" error. As suggested here, one should be allowed to decide the colour by oneself.

The key for flag throwing is pretty silly at the moment. Currently it's just W+S behind one keystroke - this causes the soldier to jump or roll while throwing. Also, as Loner pointed out, eliminating the possibility of accidental throwing was the main reason for the suggestion and it's not changed.

Too bad no Chatmod integration =P

This.
The flagthrow is like that because thats how the netcode works, on the background color I will add a override background color option just hasnt got around to do it yet.

Thanks for the beta release. I've only got one issue so far.
When running Soldat in VMware (default Soldat settings, VMware 3D graphics hardware acceleration enabled) I only get ~11 FPS. Previous versions (1.5.0 and 1.3.1 tested) run with ~200 FPS.
I will add more options for the fps limiting like disabling of it as well as choosing to run lower resolution timers that dont use as much cpu.

I presume this is not meant to happen... offline it appears this plain black thing, online it become culurful :L
Will add the missing scenery for the next upcoming release.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2011, 05:36:18 am »
Ok after some time of testing on normal mode ctf here's my thoughts:

- The F1+F2 wep stats go blank after a while
- The nades still stick in the ground and bounce buggly with the trail pointing upwards (I really wanted that to be fixed)
- The new poly stuff: If you are red and you carry the blue flag, you can't get into, let's say, your team's spawn base. - but you can still Throw it, and the one who grabs it IN the spawnbase can't get out until they throw it as well.
<may come up with more after a modification>

The weapons:
- DE are too underpowered
- barrett's reloading is ROFL
- socom is so fast it's funny
- ruger is a bit overpowered
- knife seems to take less dmg?
- minigun's power: beast. (overpowered)
- great job on the chainsaw - no reload time ftw

That's my thoughts so far.
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2011, 06:04:12 am »

The weapons:
- DE are too underpowered
- barrett's reloading is ROFL
- socom is so fast it's funny
- ruger is a bit overpowered
- knife seems to take less dmg?
- minigun's power: beast. (overpowered)
- great job on the chainsaw - no reload time ftw

That's my thoughts so far.

Move your thoughts to the weapon balance section. The devs have actually nothing to do with the balance; and you could've already tried out the balance for months in #Soldat.gather IRC channel with the rest of the "clan scene", with the real PROS who consider the balance to be better than the old one. Including me.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2011, 06:09:13 am »
Awesome! I love you guys! Just one question aside: will default maps be replaced by newer, fancier, less buggy and totally cooler maps?

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2011, 07:08:18 am »
@DC from what i've experienced new maps/remakes are usually worse than the original maps. That's how it is now tho

Im chill like that

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2011, 07:26:27 am »
@DC from what i've experienced new maps/remakes are usually worse than the original maps. That's how it is now tho

We just have to get used to them.

People always whine the new maps are bad.
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.