Author Topic: Soldat 1.5.1e Beta (with server)  (Read 52653 times)

Offline Stuffy

• Soldier
  • Very stuffy.
    • Climb-Zone Forum
Re: Soldat 1.5.1e Beta (with server)
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2011, 02:09:16 pm »
What about VM's?
The truth is out there? Does anyone know the URL?
The URL is here

Offline 10th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2011, 02:17:36 pm »
I've got an issue with choppy frame rate that wasn't present in 1.5.0. Every second the screen skips, as if the game was only drawing 59 frames per second out of a possible 60, having one frame incorporate twice as much movement as the other 58.

I've fiddled around with the FPSLimit, Vertical Sync, Refresh rate, Backbuffer Count and Troubleshooting. The only solution I found was to use an FPSLimit that was twice as high as my monitor's refresh rate (2x60 Hz). An FPSLimit of 60-119 gives a choppy frame rate. This was a very unintuitive solution to a problem that shouldn't ever occur.

I hope Soldat one day gets to be brought into the 21st century with forced triple buffering, page flipping, and a refresh rate that equals the monitor's. The only options that users should need are resolution and whether to run in fullscreen.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 02:21:51 pm by 10th_account »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2011, 02:25:45 pm »
I've got an issue with choppy frame rate that wasn't present in 1.5.0. Every second the screen skips, as if the game was only drawing 59 frames per second out of a possible 60, having one frame incorporate twice as much movement as the other 58.

I've fiddled around with the FPSLimit, Vertical Sync, Refresh rate, Backbuffer Count and Troubleshooting. The only solution I found was to use an FPSLimit that was twice as high as my monitor's refresh rate (2x60 Hz). An FPSLimit of 60-119 gives a choppy frame rate. This was a very unintuitive solution to a problem that shouldn't ever occur.

I hope Soldat one day gets to be brought into the 21st century with forced triple buffering, page flipping, and a refresh rate that equals the monitor's. The only options that users should need are resolution and whether to run in fullscreen.
I got the same thing

- Could not find scenery: fx_li_beam2-sk.png    (Aero by BN)

I will check if there are any more maps missing scenery.

Edit - I get some strange edges on Eagle_Arrow's Feast and Tower by R1kko
Edit - Turning off render smooth polygons fixed it.

I did not find any more missing scenery
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 06:34:39 pm by homerofgods »

Offline deguix

• Major
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2011, 04:03:44 pm »

That's the first option I had to change, I put a very high number to simulate older behavior.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2011, 04:54:54 pm »
Hope this will answer some of your questions:
- I don't know the exact method Devs used to create hardware IDs but it's very likely that a skilled hacker will be able to change his HWID
- Refreshx is a packet sent by server. It contains info about players, flags, scores, map, time, etc. Check http://devs.soldat.pl/wiki/index.php?title=Refreshx for more info.

A skilled hacker maybe, the "average Joe" that are 99% of soldat players won't be able to. So, at last, the bans will actually mean something in this game.

1) Figure out the method
2) make a tool and release it to the public
3) people play w/o bans.

:)
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Jerkington XIII

• Major
  • Yes we camp!
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2011, 05:04:43 pm »
1) Figure out the method
2) make a tool and release it to the public
3) people play w/o bans.

:)
There's still that so called IP-"ban" if everything else (also) fails
From #soldat.devs:
<evhO> I think qb is trying to kill soldat

Offline cemox

• Major(1)
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2011, 05:58:55 pm »
even though i use spas a lot it is better not to have infinite shots. problem is that spas was not superior in the game. only thing good about was 2 hits to kill (3 most of the time -_-' because of lag and stuff) and repeating shots. you prevent repeating shots you added +5 reaload -1 ammo time and made other weapons powerfull.
my opinion is that 8 or maybe 9 ammo for spas and no +5 reload maybe even -5. it has never been a superior even lost its best specialty and still making it worse. +1 dmg 122 to 123 is wortless
i dont know if am correct with it but spas also kicks less when fired

remove barets bink and no need for "bink" in weapons.ini lol

no bink at minimi,steyr and ak nothing to talk about just ridiculous.
lots of players at gather complaning about steyr.it was a pretty good even with decreased to 25 ammo no need to make it superior weapon of the game

knife could increase in damage to kill from far throws
Knife dmg -10000 1.4.2 to 1.5

ruger could have some more damage or less movementacc

Added ingame Weapon Statistics for Registered players (Press F2 while in the F1 menu) not working ?? new menu comes HS % etc. is ok but no statics seen

most people didn't like the new ruins

snakebite :
player easily pass through the poly left of the red flag/right of the blue flag. happened 5 times in 2 maps
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 06:15:07 pm by cemox »

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2011, 09:48:48 pm »
haven't checked, but has this bug been fixed?!
When you get hit by an old, stray, weak bullet, your bink goes up sooo much ridiculously more than otherwise.  please fix this!
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline AdamD

• Major
  • hi its me your IRC pal dicko
    • i make games sometimes too.
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2011, 10:45:21 pm »

what even causes this problem? i know its been talked to death (and for me is fixable by a simple restart) but i thought i'd throw this in here just in case.
vam; dicko
vagabonds & miscreants

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2011, 11:28:45 pm »
Added Flag throw button up/down still works.

up/down still works.

Please tell me you can choose which way you want it to work?
I'm happy for the button, but if up/down still works, then it defeats the whole purpose.

The reason it was bad, is that each time I want to do a cannonball move (very fast horizontal movement trick, it requires you to press up/down to execute) while I was carrying a flag, it threw it away almost always, making the whole thing pointless. The move is extremely useful, but this kills it.

If you'd give a choice for player to EITHER use the flag throw button or up/down, I'd be the fastest and happiest flag runner in the world.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2011, 11:36:35 pm »
About flag throw:
The flagthrow is like that because thats how the netcode works
So yeah, too bad. :(

first things i found.
5. did you changed polygons in maps? for example i can go into tower in airpirates cuz there is some doesn't collide polygons:

That particular airpirates bug was fixed but seems to have missed makeing it into the beta will be fixed.
Whaaaaaat? I thought that passage was supposed to be there. :|
And no way removing it is a good thing. That passage at the base of the lighthouse is first of all: A nice shortcut and makes the gameplay a little more fast paced. Secondly: it's always fun to try and kill someone at the top of the lighthouse while hiding in the passage at the bottom of the light house.

Only thing that should be done about it is making more clear which parts of the lighthouse you can walk/shoot through, and which you cant.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:39:45 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2011, 11:42:16 pm »
About flag throw:
The flagthrow is like that because thats how the netcode works
So yeah, too bad. :(

Cannot compute. Why not?

I mean they have the friggin source code in their hands. It can't be hard to turn off flag throwing to be triggered through up/down. Right?

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2011, 02:17:32 am »
@numgun I like it the way it is now(w+s) so you must not forget players like me and tell devs to make it configurable. Both w+s & button or button or w+s. I Hope shoozza read all these posts and make a big ass reply with a lot of fixes :D

@down
The more configurable Soldat is the better. W+S have been signed as flag throwing keys forever plus why didint anyone think of setting it to one key throughout all these years.?(answer: cause its superior :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:05:57 am by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2011, 02:39:44 am »
@numgun I like it the way it is now(w+s) so you must not forget players like me and tell devs to make it configurable. Both w+s & button or button or w+s. I Hope shoozza read all these posts and make a big ass reply with a lot of fixes :D
Either WS or custom key should be enough. I don't think there are many people who absolutely MUST have BOTH of those working at the same time.
To me there's not even much point in keeping WS either. IMHO a single key is much easier to press and is superior to WS in every way.

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2011, 05:55:49 am »
With single key it's much harder to perform power throws, at least for me.

Offline cemox

• Major(1)
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2011, 07:17:06 am »
you wont press one time.  it is going to be like knife throwing i guess

Offline Tekidek

• Major
  • Touché!
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2011, 09:22:56 am »
The netcode was improved in any way? I hate eaters  :P

edit - fixing typos
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:56:35 pm by Tekidek »
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2011, 09:36:47 am »
With single key it's much harder to perform power throws, at least for me.

Power throwing is a bug, why should it be noted?

I honestly cannot see how could pressing two keys be easier than pressing only one key.

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2011, 09:58:40 am »
I got a bug; Negative value bullets drop through ground.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline cemox

• Major(1)
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2011, 10:06:25 am »

red numbers at writing console happens when you move the mouse wheel. has no limit goes over 4000 :D

ruins when a flag carrier dies near red point flag sticks there. you can't return because it is too close to flags normal place so you cap there under bridge :D

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:08:26 am by cemox »