Author Topic: Soldat 1.5.1e changes that needs unchanged  (Read 7206 times)

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
Re: Soldat 1.5.1e changes that needs unchanged
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 08:19:51 am »
Make both server-side options. I personally oppose ANY kind of graphics modifications to the game since they DO change the visibility which in some situations can be crucial, especially in official matches. Includes modified grenades.

Problem solved.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Guile

• Major(1)
  • It's better to burn out than fade away.
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 09:22:17 am »
To be honest then now these restricted modifications help soldat die. R/S is already dying. 1.5.1 is one way to revive it. But seems like you've fucked it up.

"They say death takes you to a better place" - Felipe Coronel

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 09:28:22 am »
The second no free cam Sucks!!!!!!
its SHit! yes it is its so stupid and ugly i cant play that
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline -Bendarr-

• Soldier
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 02:02:15 pm »
I'd also like to point out, that with specs only capable of spectating individual players rather than free cam, admins cannot spectate official matches... Plus you can't free cam in a demo, so it would be even more impossible.

Specs need to be able to follow individual players and see their view, AND free cam and see everyones view.

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2011, 02:09:44 pm »
I'd also like to point out, that with specs only capable of spectating individual players rather than free cam, admins cannot spectate official matches... Plus you can't free cam in a demo, so it would be even more impossible.

Specs need to be able to follow individual players and see their view, AND free cam and see everyones view.

Spoke the words.
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline Fireman

• Major
  • D:
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 04:12:10 pm »

Problem #2
agreed  we need to be able to spec freely when dead it helps us to see how we were killed and what mistake we might have made... also it helps to see what path your enemy took or went after they killed you...

No. Do not touch this.

Ever played battlefield bad company 2? Hardcore mode? You really don't have to know the tactics of others or campspots. Just use your head.
You can demo the match and find out later? Doesn't matter.

MMM advantages are so fun.

Offline kyp14

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 04:18:01 pm »
Problem 2 : The reason they've added this feature is because of us I believe, we've asked for that feature for several years if we think about it, everytime a new version came out, we always asked for it on our forum. I'm talking about the Realistic/Survival community ofc. I believe that the new developper are trying to please everyone and therefore give us or The Realistic community what they've asked for so long. Me I don't see any problems with problem 2, except that you're not allowed to talk in the game thing, like if you want to ask for a 2v2 after theirs is over, u can't now.

Also problem 1 : Why do such thing, it's not that I care much about it, but seems useless and changing the map colors doesn't give any advantage. I think that you guys should focus on things more important, a good anti-hack even tho it's not you guys that are in charge of the upcoming new 1.

Problem 2 : The reason they've added this feature is because of us I believe, we've asked for that feature for several years if we think about it, everytime a new version came out, we always asked for it on our forum. I'm talking about the Realistic/Survival community ofc. I believe that the new developper are trying to please everyone and therefore give us or The Realistic community what they've asked for so long. Me I don't see any problems with problem 2, except that you're not allowed to talk in the game thing, like if you want to ask for a 2v2 after theirs is over, u can't now.

Also problem 1 : Why do such thing, it's not that I care much about it, but seems useless and changing the map colors doesn't give any advantage. I think that you guys should focus on things more important, a good anti-hack even tho it's not you guys that are in charge of the upcoming new 1.

Offline Fireman

• Major
  • D:
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 04:34:12 pm »
Yes it does, why use other colors in the first place? advantage: "any state, circumstance, opportunity, or means specially favorable to success, interest, or any desired end"

Using different colors just because you're not used to default/or hate it is having an advantage.

The simple solution: Deal with it.

I don't care either way, I think that an addition to be able to change colored backgrounds would be better.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 06:22:01 pm »
just do what other games do:
1) specs can only talk to specs (dead alpha players can only talk to other dead alpha players, blue same etc).
2) specs can see everything
3) dead players can only follow alive teammates.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Tinysmurf

• Major
  • R7.
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 08:44:12 pm »
Make both server-side options. I personally oppose ANY kind of graphics modifications to the game since they DO change the visibility which in some situations can be crucial, especially in official matches. Includes modified grenades.

Problem solved.

I won't enable these in my servers that's for sure. Stupid changes. Maybe TALK to the R/S / CSRS community before making these changings devs? Thanks.

Offline RemiX

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2011, 11:02:22 pm »
The so called "problem" #1 I don't have a problem with. I think people have too much freedom when modifying soldat which leads to improper mods. I would suggest the dev's could make mod options. Something like you can pick your background color or weapon color in the soldat options tab. You can go more in-depth with that but I'm just saying.

The only problem with #2 is the freecam. I would actually love it if spectators could only talk to other spectators.

We gotta remember Soldat has changed a lot over the years and ever new version there is always something we wont like; but no matter what we all know were gonna still play soldat and grow to get use to it. 

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 06:37:58 am »
Well, "ForceBackgroundColor=" setting to soldat.ini will solve the #1. It's up to the community to decide whether they like modified colors or not.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline BmC Soldat

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 08:59:11 am »
- Modified Spectators can only use Team Chat in Survival Mode while a round is active. Only applies to Spectator team

Speaking as a member of DB community I must say that this particular feature was gladly welcome. There's nothing more annoying then Specs taunting you when you're left one on one in an important CW. In fact, we tend to punish such behaviour on CWs and now we don't need to be bothered by that. But I understand that other communities might not like/want it so I think this one should have an option of enabling/disabling it serverside.

If only there was an in-game feature which allowed you to block text from certain players in the server!

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 09:09:48 am »
- Modified Spectators can only use Team Chat in Survival Mode while a round is active. Only applies to Spectator team

Speaking as a member of DB community I must say that this particular feature was gladly welcome. There's nothing more annoying then Specs taunting you when you're left one on one in an important CW. In fact, we tend to punish such behaviour on CWs and now we don't need to be bothered by that. But I understand that other communities might not like/want it so I think this one should have an option of enabling/disabling it serverside.

If only there was an in-game feature which allowed you to block text from certain players in the server!

Erm...There is something like that. /mute for casual players. And global mute (/gmute) which can be used by admins.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 09:23:03 am »

Problem solved.

I won't enable these in my servers that's for sure. Stupid changes. Maybe TALK to the R/S / CSRS community before making these changings devs? Thanks.
Actually these are old changes. We didn't add them :P.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Jerkington XIII

• Major
  • Yes we camp!
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2011, 09:49:11 am »
...so this whole thread is void?
WOHOO! =D

Aw! =(
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:44:34 am by Jerkington XIII »
From #soldat.devs:
<evhO> I think qb is trying to kill soldat

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2011, 10:27:20 am »
...so this whole thread is void?
WOHOO! =D
No. I think he meant that EnEsCe or MM made these things, not that these are back as they were.

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2011, 10:40:05 am »
R/S dying no.... its dead already. The only thing it could bring it up is something like the cs script but that would have to much trolling from the no Soldat changer's and keepers of soldat like it is.
So the final opinion for R/S is we cant help its dead.
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 01:49:54 pm »
what do you base on when you're saying r/s is dead? Because i play it in full servers everyday. Most people play on the servers with CS maps, but it doesnt change the fact that it's still R/S. It's doign fine, it has several active tournaments going on throughout each year, the activity goes up and down, but it's active enough to enjoy it each evening (european time at least)

I'm very happy about the "following teammates after death" thing and i (and most of the players) would like it to stay

i don't like the teamchat for spectators however, and i doubt it would be appreciated in survival community

R/S IS alive and these two things MAKE a difference so i hope the devs are listening (as in reading :P)
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2011, 03:19:22 pm »
what do you base on when you're saying r/s is dead? Because i play it in full servers everyday. Most people play on the servers with CS maps, but it doesnt change the fact that it's still R/S. It's doign fine, it has several active tournaments going on throughout each year, the activity goes up and down, but it's active enough to enjoy it each evening (european time at least)

I'm very happy about the "following teammates after death" thing and i (and most of the players) would like it to stay

i don't like the teamchat for spectators however, and i doubt it would be appreciated in survival community

R/S IS alive and these two things MAKE a difference so i hope the devs are listening (as in reading :P)
Yeah maybe eat evening sometimes but in most cases the servers are empty or got 2-4 players huraaa!!! its awesome!