Author Topic: Takes to long to kill someone....geez  (Read 7137 times)

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
Takes to long to kill someone....geez
« on: August 16, 2006, 10:54:17 pm »
Well I started playing soldat again......and holy crap, why the hell does it take 5 hits to take someone down :o? Weapons are too weak....in my opinion. All the single shot weapons are fine, but the Autos are...dumb. I think I remember shooting a guy 5 times to kill him with an mp5....

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Jack The Llama

• Major(1)
  • Llama Commando. :D With a PHD.
Re: Takes to long to kill someone....geez
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 10:55:57 pm »
Play realistic man, that might help out.
Looking for a clan. : O

Offline Meep.

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 11:25:40 pm »
Play realistic man, that might help out.

Hehe, yep.

Offline Rooster

• Major(1)
    • The Australian soldat community.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 01:47:53 am »
5 times! Hold your horses son that only leaves you with 6 kills per mp5 clip! Better reload that gun! ::)

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 03:12:44 am »
What, did you count the individual bullets? :p

I admit, all the weapons are abit weak, only weapons I ever liked were 1.2.1 (ever).

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 05:33:09 am »
I like it how it is, but if every weapon got tweaked a bit it wouldnt be a bad thing.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 05:42:44 am »
The weapons get a tweak each version, because you .. people .. can't stop complaining. Anyone who ever complained about barrett and auto's in 1.2.1 caused self-bink and those who hated barrett in 1.3 made the startuptime occur.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 05:51:22 am »
The weapons get a tweak each version, because you .. people .. can't stop complaining. Anyone who ever complained about barrett and auto's in 1.2.1 caused self-bink and those who hated barrett in 1.3 made the startuptime occur.

Eventually Soldat will become a turn based text adventure game. :P I do think the changes are for the best, and it's only natural that a game to be tweaked as it and its players evolve. Look at all the Street Fighter revisions, for example. You'll always have some people who prefer older versions for whatever reason (such as King of Fighters 95 fans), but I think by and large most prefer the latest edition, even if they don't think it's quite perfect yet.

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 07:14:03 am »
Well I started playing soldat again......and holy crap, why the hell does it take 5 hits to take someone down :o? Weapons are too weak....in my opinion. All the single shot weapons are fine, but the Autos are...dumb. I think I remember shooting a guy 5 times to kill him with an mp5....

5? Try 8+
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 01:26:51 pm »

This is the only version's weapons i don't like.....they should take the start up time off the barrett by the way :P

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 03:06:39 pm »
That's why it's so great having realistic mode, people can have a choice wether they want to kill/die quick or slowly.

Offline Darth

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 04:29:27 pm »
So you want the autos to be 1 shot kill weapons (or 2/3/4 shots at most)? Why not just make them all into Barrets/Rugers/M79's?

OR better yet REMOVE ALL WEAPONS FROM SOLDAT. That'll end the endless Weapon Balance discussions. You might get a Weapon Addition forum though. Lol.

But seriously I think that the weapons are fine as they are.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 01:05:15 am »
Darth you suck. I'm sorry but you suck. Your trying to make me believe that I said that I want1 hit kill auto's. I'll go play tactical realism if I wanted that. Not even realism has that.....except for the ruger.

3-4 shots I would like to see. The weapons shouldn't be really balanced on damage, but on speed, accuracy, reload speed, rate of fire, etc.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 04:11:55 am »

Eventually Soldat will become a turn based text adventure game

Over my dead body :O

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 04:34:53 am »
I can arrange that for you.

On a lighter note, some autos are overpowered and some underpowered, barrett has its advantages and disadvantages, ruger and m79 are near perfect, spas-12 is just as balanced as they come. But out of all the weapons, the DEagles are the ones lacking in all the other weapons traits (DEagles have hardly any power,  slow speed, small distance, mediumish reload and only 7 - 14 bullets of firepower.)

In conclusion, weapons are unbalanceable and we should roll-back to 1.2.1 to satisfy me.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 05:29:46 am »

On a lighter note, some autos are overpowered and some underpowered, barrett has its advantages and disadvantages, ruger and m79 are near perfect, spas-12 is just as balanced as they come. But out of all the weapons, the DEagles are the ones lacking in all the other weapons traits (DEagles have hardly any power,  slow speed, small distance, mediumish reload and only 7 - 14 bullets of firepower.)

In conclusion, weapons are unbalanceable and we should roll-back to 1.2.1 to satisfy me.

The Desert Eagles are fine as they are. They are powerful enough (2-3 shot kills with a 7 bullet clip) and have a rapid fire rate with a pretty quick reload, too. They are just more challenging to some due to the curved arc of the shots, which makes it somewhat more difficult to hit a target compared to the Ruger or Socom. I think the speed and extra bullet capacity make it a good alternative to the Ruger. The Socom on the other hand I think kinda infringes on them, but then with all the autos, it's hardly a big deal.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 05:59:35 am »

The Desert Eagles are fine as they are. They are powerful enough (2-3 shot kills with a 7 bullet clip) and have a rapid fire rate with a pretty quick reload, too. They are just more challenging to some due to the curved arc of the shots, which makes it somewhat more difficult to hit a target compared to the Ruger or Socom. I think the speed and extra bullet capacity make it a good alternative to the Ruger. The Socom on the other hand I think kinda infringes on them, but then with all the autos, it's hardly a big deal.

You musn't have used them for long. Deagle havn't ever been in the 2 - 3 hit zone since 1.2.1, theyre 3 - 4 hit. Their reload is longer then the mp5, and their fire rate is 2x slower then a soccom, and only a tiny bit faster then a spas, which is nearly always a guarenteed 1 - 2 hit kill (at a certain range). Their arc isnt annoying or difficult to master, just that in soldat, you're either a straight bullet liker the arced kind liker.

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2006, 06:22:42 am »
You ain't gone up against enough good deaglers then pal.  Their inbetween balance of ruger and shotgun - large clip, average power, adequate reload time - can make them the perfect in-fighter weapon when mastered ..... but this only from what i've witnessed from engaging some of their rare masters. They're nightmares to tango with.

Dascoo, I imagine you came to Soldat during the 1.2 1.2.1 era. The version where the term 'Sprayer' was first coined inside Soldat, and where teams of autos proved overly dominating. S'why they're weaker now.
Autos in teams'll still pack the best and most reliable punch, while a clever player can still be a suitable foe to semi's and 1 shots. Thats balance baby.

Fun Chak Fact: Autos before 1.2 took almost twice as many shots to kill someone as they do today!
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2006, 07:07:50 am »
lol weak, try playing against good players with any weapos, you'll see that weak weapons kill in the blink of an eye.
o/

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2006, 07:24:04 am »
In australia, there are none of those "rare deagle masters"(although there are still 1 or 2 people who cling to them sometimes). Although, me and another person in my clan have been using the deagles since we first started soldat, up until 1.3 came out (he started 1.0.5b, i started 1.1.0). I must seriously admit that the DEagles havn't seen less users since around when I started using them..

lol weak, try playing against good players with any weapos, you'll see that weak weapons kill in the blink of an eye.

Its just harder to see these days with weapons such as Deagles.