Author Topic: More dynamic maps  (Read 5695 times)

Offline Basanaruga

• Major(1)
More dynamic maps
« on: March 07, 2011, 07:13:25 am »
Hi everyone. I have been playing soldat since I'm 13(now I'm 19 and still noob) and what I have noticed is the fact, that all maps are static. I mean that they are made of fixed objects, that not move.

And now, I think, is the time for a revolution in the maps. In my opinion the game will become more interesting, if moving objects are added, such as lifts, trains, doors, buttons that do something, etc. I know, that it will make the game more complex and may implement disbalance, but if we put only lifts or trains as a transportation device, this will make the game way more interesting.

Another suggestion:
To be added CS game mode - terrorists, counter terrorists 1 bomb, you know it.

Offline ExHunter

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
  • Speedy go!
Re: More dynamic maps
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 08:22:32 am »
It would be funny - but there are at the moment more "important" things.

and @ cs: 88.198.25.26:33085

(but no bomb's)

have fun.

Offline Tekidek

• Major
  • Touché!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 08:38:27 am »
nice idea, but I think we should first fix the bugs. Keep adding secondary things will only slow the progress of developers.

and there is already a mode similar to counter strike, totally scripted. has two servers. I played at Leo's but in my new WiFi shared internet, I am kicked (ping). Hah, i remember playing with Speedy 512kbp's
(man, how i loved ctf_cs maps... i'll miss you!  :'(  )
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 11:12:32 am »
1. moving map objects is impossible (just scenery that is not that)
2. CT game-mod awesome but will never be added cause they say "it would reduce the oder game mod's" and somthing more soldat-like is my domination game mod with 4-5 flags that should be captured
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 02:39:00 pm »
2. CT game-mod awesome but will never be added cause they say "it would reduce the oder game mod's" and somthing more soldat-like is my domination game mod with 4-5 flags that should be captured

Reduce the number of active players. Fix your memory.
b&

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 09:37:16 pm »

What the hell are you speaking?
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 08:25:50 am »

You said "Reduce current game mods", and I assume you were referring to the "More Game-Mod's" topic, you're saying that adding more modes would decrease already existing game modes, how does that work?
I simply corrected your misquoting.
b&

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 05:58:48 pm »

You said "Reduce current game mods", and I assume you were referring to the "More Game-Mod's" topic, you're saying that adding more modes would decrease already existing game modes, how does that work?
I simply corrected your misquoting.
Omg you are rly stupid or what i want some new solat like game-mods "eactly just 1 or 2..." But i dont want CS buy menu and counter-terroris and Terrorist force witch C4 and That

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 12:05:49 pm »
I have always been a bit against it, but I think the defuse mod would actually be quite interesting in soldat and not in that realistic/survival + CS/DE map kinda gameplay only, but in general. There would be huge bag of creative layout design possibilities too.

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 02:26:12 pm »
I have always been a bit against it, but I think the defuse mod would actually be quite interesting in soldat and not in that realistic/survival + CS/DE map kinda gameplay only, but in general. There would be huge bag of creative layout design possibilities too.
Bomb defuse is kinda like inf and if you want new lay-outed maps then would be better a "domination" game mode...
(heh i got an idea from a VIP escape mode :D )

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 01:02:35 pm »
Bomb defuse is kinda like inf

Do you even know what the bomb defuse mod is?

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 01:32:31 pm »
Bomb defuse is kinda like inf

Do you even know what the bomb defuse mod is?
Yes i knew... and i say its "something like" inf the one defends and the other try to reach the target...

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 04:06:37 pm »
Bomb defuse has multiple targets scattered all around the map, and planting a bomb is very different from capturing a flag.

In any case DE and Domination are both great game modes, but then again, so are HTF, INF, RM, TW, PM, but most of them are completely dead lately. So before adding any new ones - existing gamemodes need to be brought back.

As for more dynamic maps - that would indeed be awesome, but for obvious reasons I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. Fryer once mentioned that he wanted to rewrite the map format at some point, so maybe he'll be able to add polygon/scenery animation and triggers along the way.

But for now I'd say we should think about why most gamemodes are so dead and how to bring them to life, because discussing other things in this topic is kinda pointless at this point.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:11:07 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 04:45:25 pm »
For that game-modes gives no back xD (HTF,Pointmach... RM is ok and all other)
the bomb.mode is pretty ok but don't knew will it ever be included cause it would be weird in no surival o_O

and:The developers say's:no new game modes cause it would get people of from ctf and what else...

and:i think not it gonna be included cause soldat is no tactical game its a shoot and kill game without many tactics...
(and like i said first how you gona play Bomb-mode in "not surival" would be hard(impossible) a game mode must be played under all Settings?

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
  • Scripting beginner, mapper&owner of BCB servers.
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 05:23:56 pm »
Bomb defuse has multiple targets scattered all around the map, and planting a bomb is very different from capturing a flag.

In any case DE and Domination are both great game modes, but then again, so are HTF, INF, RM, TW, PM, but most of them are completely dead lately. So before adding any new ones - existing gamemodes need to be brought back.

As for more dynamic maps - that would indeed be awesome, but for obvious reasons I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. Fryer once mentioned that he wanted to rewrite the map format at some point, so maybe he'll be able to add polygon/scenery animation and triggers along the way.

But for now I'd say we should think about why most gamemodes are so dead and how to bring them to life, because discussing other things in this topic is kinda pointless at this point.

em how u wanna bring back game modes which died cauze theyr just boring... ppl dont play it cauze it has no ppl online... they dont play it cauze they dont like it.... so we should defenetly think about new game modes.... a bomb game mode would be very sucessfull. i already imagine how cool it is to defuse the bomb after last killed guy in last sec! xD

oh and to the moving elements.... actually .gif - work excellent in soldat mm_Base2 (nordic mision 2 beta map) theres a tunnel which has around 6 candles with cool gif flame/light animation, no lags no other problems.... the only problem on this, some gif lag somehow crazy i tryd to add some already, other gifs can work flawlessy.

sry for noob english xD
BCB-Clan Page
You also can find clan BCB on our servers.

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 06:57:52 pm »
em how u wanna bring back game modes which died cauze theyr just boring... ppl dont play it cauze it has no ppl online... they dont play it cauze they dont like it....
You're saying this as if it's a proven fact, but really it's just your own assumption.

I like some of those game modes, and I know a number of people who like them too. The reason we don't play them is because the only few servers for those gamemodes are either extremely laggy or empty.

One of the reasons the servers are empty is probably the decrease in number of players. A few years ago there used to be a few active HTF, RM servers which often had players already playing there, and multiple active INF servers, 2 of which sometimes were completely full.

Another reason could be lack of new content. A lot of INF veterans I know say they're sick of playing on the same maps for years.

3rd reason could be that people simply don't know wth is rambomatch, hold the flag, infiltration, etc. They look at gamemodes and go "No clue what that is, dont know what's that either.. OH LOOK, deathmatch and capture the flag! Those I know, so I'm gonna play them".
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:07:36 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 07:30:39 pm »
I sayd it actually cauze it IS! a proven fact... my own assumption is; ppl basicly join servers which has Zombie in name cauze that sounds like something cool....
Then post some proof?

All you posted just now is, again, just your own opinion and assumptions, but that doesn't mean everyone thinks the same way.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 04:03:03 am »
Hi everyone. I have been playing soldat since I'm 13(now I'm 19 and still noob) and what I have noticed is the fact, that all maps are static. I mean that they are made of fixed objects, that not move.

And now, I think, is the time for a revolution in the maps. In my opinion the game will become more interesting, if moving objects are added, such as lifts, trains, doors, buttons that do something, etc.

This would be simply awesome for climbing.
Bringing it to the next level.

I like some of those game modes, and I know a number of people who like them too. The reason we don't play them is because the only few servers for those gamemodes are either extremely laggy or empty.

One of the reasons the servers are empty is probably the decrease in number of players. A few years ago there used to be a few active HTF, RM servers which often had players already playing there, and multiple active INF servers, 2 of which sometimes were completely full.

Another reason could be lack of new content. A lot of INF veterans I know say they're sick of playing on the same maps for years.

3rd reason could be that people simply don't know wth is rambomatch, hold the flag, infiltration, etc. They look at gamemodes and go "No clue what that is, dont know what's that either.. OH LOOK, deathmatch and capture the flag! Those I know, so I'm gonna play them".

I completely agree with this. It's sums up what I see in soldat. A conjunction of all these factors is killing alternative game modes a little more day after day.

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
  • Scripting beginner, mapper&owner of BCB servers.
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 06:18:41 am »
I sayd it actually cauze it IS! a proven fact... my own assumption is; ppl basicly join servers which has Zombie in name cauze that sounds like something cool....
Then post some proof?

All you posted just now is, again, just your own opinion and assumptions, but that doesn't mean everyone thinks the same way.

how should i prove that my dear sir?! if i know how i would :P
but isnt actually the lobby server prove enough ... ? its exactly what i sayd in 1 post before, with the game modes.
So for me its prove enough ^^

And now, I think, is the time for a revolution in the maps. In my opinion the game will become more interesting, if moving objects are added, such as lifts, trains, doors, buttons that do something, etc.

This would be simply awesome for climbing.
Bringing it to the next level.
I agree complete a elevator (or other stuff) opens alot of new mapping ideas fo climb and for all other modes.

BCB-Clan Page
You also can find clan BCB on our servers.

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 05:32:29 am »
Gee guys, less players in the game just basic mods are played. No one can do anything about it. Game needs more players then everything will be back to "normal". I saw my INF server, which a few years back was always full, slowly dying as there were just not enough players to fill it.