Author Topic: Soldat 1.5.1f Beta (with server)  (Read 46578 times)

Offline ramirez

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Camper
    • Soldat Central
Re: Soldat 1.5.1f Beta (with server)
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2011, 07:06:12 am »
Good luck ramirez. :) I'm glad you're now officially on board.
Thanks! Unfortunately I haven't been able to help as much as I'd like to yet, but I'm looking forward to being more useful. :]

Offline Zischer

• Major(1)
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2011, 12:02:03 pm »
Patched my version, it automatically starts running - no prob whatsoever.

I exit the game, rerun it via the (patched / updated) soldat.exe - I get "Unknown Error No. 10013" (plus "List index out of bounds (1)" when I just ignore it and try to start a game or anything nevertheless).

Ok, I rerun the patch, game automatically starts running like before - and no prob whatsoever again. So I need to run patch every time to be able to use this version.

Wtf!? I will install the full new beta later, maybe it works this way!?

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2011, 12:57:17 pm »
Here are some (mostly text/translation related) issues to fix, most of those are actually from 1.5 already -
Untranslated strings:
"Try reconnecting to download map" (on map-change to a map which is not there in the client's computer)
"End of game" (at the end of maplist when looping is not enabled)
"Jets color" (tooltip for Jet flame color selection under the Player tab)
"Registering server @" (when registering the server to lobby)
"Playing..." (when switching/starting music tracks in-game with F6/F7)
"Adds extra features regarding Voice Chat if you have TeamSpeak2 running in the background" (tooltip for TeamSpeak checkbox under Settings tab)
"Auto record" (Configuration, Performance tab)
"Connecting to " (when querying servers; lobby's ip follows)
"Msg sent... Waiting for reply" (when querying servers)
"Parsing server " (when querying servers)
"Map Background color" (tooltip for custom map background color selection under Player tab)
"default: V" (tooltip for button 'Radio Menu' under Player tab)
"FPS Limit" (Configuration, Graphics tab)
"High resolution timer" (Configuration, Graphics tab)
"Vertical Sync" (Configuration, Graphics tab)
All the game types under filter settings under Join game (could use the already translated game type translations)
Colors in the output of lines 729 & 730 (of the translation file) (It's been mentioned before but just in case)

Short/not dynamic labels -
The one preceding the Spectator checkbox under Join game tab
The one following the checkbox for forcing the custom background color usage under Player tab
The Welcome to Soldat one (profile selection screen)

Bug:
Cannot change map while the score-table is shown (both at the end of a match and using F1)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:27:27 pm by Xdada »

Offline Polifen

• Soldier
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2011, 02:05:32 pm »
Hey guys, there was info about HWID banning, but you said nothing about HWID admins will it work, if not - does OnRequestGame have HWID ( eC named it tagID ) parameter?

And by the way, you really should make an Scripting Manual ( documentation would probably fit better ) like eC's, cuz we don't know how long will he hold it on his server, and it may be too late to copy something from his job.

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2011, 02:27:19 pm »
Hey guys, there was info about HWID banning, but you said nothing about HWID admins will it work, if not - does OnRequestGame have HWID ( eC named it tagID ) parameter?
you should be able to getplayerstat(id,'hwid') and work from there. And tagid is not the same, it was a unique portal account ID. HardwareID is machine-specific, and we don't have portal any more.

And by the way, you really should make an Scripting Manual ( documentation would probably fit better ) like eC's, cuz we don't know how long will he hold it on his server, and it may be too late to copy something from his job.
http://devs.soldat.pl/wiki/index.php?title=Server_Scripting

Offline CurryWurst

• Camper
    • Soldat Global Account System
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 02:29:12 pm »

If we keep our wiki up-to-date it will be a good replacement for eC's online manual.
Soldat Global Account System: #soldat.sgas @ quakenet

Offline Polifen

• Soldier
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 02:41:37 pm »
you should be able to getplayerstat(id,'hwid') and work from there. And tagid is not the same, it was a unique portal account ID. HardwareID is machine-specific, and we don't have portal any more.

HWID is kind of replacement of Tag ID, I know it's not the same, but it gets old role of Tag ID. I'd prefer to have it in OnRequestGame than in GetPlayerStat, to be able to join server when it's full or pasworded and give myself remote admin on join, then remove it after leaving - of course if there is no HWID admin option.

Soldat Wiki seems to be a bit less clear in view than site with a list of variables, constants, functions and events - that's eC's best job.

Offline Stuffy

• Soldier
  • Very stuffy.
    • Climb-Zone Forum
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 02:42:00 pm »
A question: Is it suggestive to update my server right now? Or better wait for another beta?
The truth is out there? Does anyone know the URL?
The URL is here

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 03:36:57 pm »
A question: Is it suggestive to update my server right now? Or better wait for another beta?
that's a silly question considering the purpose of beta releases is to test new bugs |:
In other words, update.

Offline deguix

• Major
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 04:17:35 pm »
Soldat Wiki seems to be a bit less clear in view than site with a list of variables, constants, functions and events - that's eC's best job.
Not like it can't be done... just create a template with the list of variables... and put it in each identifier page... should work similarly (although it's kinda annoying to add to every page).

Also, pls clean the wiki... it's filled with ads to random s**t (pressing random page usually gives ads).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:19:58 pm by deguix »

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 04:33:11 pm »
Crouch Flying bug continues. (Just tested with mp5, at the end of reload)
At ctf_Campeche, annoying Polybug at both edges of the pyramid, if you are going from up to down.
At ctf_Mayapan, collider boxes are behind players (only the bigger ones are set to middle)
At ctf_B2b, there are still that tiny polygon on the right bridge that are set to normal
At ctf_Viet, dark background scenerys are set to back, and you can se the rain in front of them
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:33:13 pm by As de Espada »
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline dezerteuR

• Major(1)
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 04:57:01 pm »
h3h3 tricky ramirez!

Offline Nawl

• Major(1)
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 06:49:10 pm »
survival mode bug:
if all from example blue team are dead and at least one guy in red team is alive then if anybody join blue or red team then score point is added for red team(that team who have alive players), you know what i mean?

You're Pro or you're Noob. That's life.

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 08:05:27 pm »
Yep, this one's a really old bug, probably existing since Survival was introduced. Also in Survival, if a player joins the game after the round ended but before new round has started he often won't get killed. He's being normally spawn, counter for the new round stops and he needs to do a selfkill for the new round to start.
Another thing (already reported but long time ago and it hasn't been fixed), if you throw a knife through a dead body it becomes invisible. No one can see it but it still deals dmg if a player get hit.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 11:59:29 pm »
Is it just me, or is it not possible to use more than one command line parameter? I want to load Soldat from the cmd line with both -mod and -join parameters, but it just gives me an error (tried with quotes and everything). If it's not possible, I'd like to see it added.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2011, 12:36:28 am »
Yay, another build. :)

Updater:
- started Soldat
- downloaded Update
- Soldat closed and Setup started
- Soldat started again
- then I saw this error-message, after clicking OK I saw this one
- Soldat closed automatically
- I started Soldat manually --> everything works as it should

Some more not fixed bugs:
- when you assign a new key for flag-throwing a small window still appears and disappears for some milliseconds - since I only see it for "flag throw" and not for any other action it should be easy to fix
- mouse sensivity still only works with 10%-steps

Actually the translations are missing text.

default.txt is the up to date one (seems like i forgot to update the english.txt in the languages folder :<)
It's strange.
- Everything worked fine here till I changed the language to "English.txt" in Config.exe. Then I also saw the missing text on the "start game"-screen. So I went to the "Txt"-folder and compared "default.txt" and "english.txt" (in the "Language"-folder), both were the same: 35.010 Bytes (MD5: 7E4C2A0513E47C7073B34C0BD5110806)
--> Hm...why did I saw every text line before I changed the language in the config if both were the same?
- Then I downloaded your attached "default.txt" (35.984 Bytes, MD5: 40644C9D694102A04246F626C5E23B20) and replaced the old one. Now everything worked fine again.
- So I went to the config and changed language to "English.txt" again and as expected the text was missing again.
- But now: I checked the "default.txt" again and suddenly it had the old size (35.010 Bytes) again.
--> It seems like everytime you change the language and Soldat starts, it copies the chosen language file to the "Txt"-Folder and replaces the "default.txt" one. So yeah, pls also include "english.txt" to the updater because you're fucked up if you change the language once because it overwrites the "default.txt" file.

Other questions:
- Why do I have speaker-symbol next to my star in team-based modes? If it's about the "Teamspeak"-integration --> it's turned off.
- Is the new MSAC-version (0.1.003) already integrated or do we need to install it seperately for this beta?
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2011, 01:54:30 am »
ramirez <333333333333

Offline Nawl

• Major(1)
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2011, 07:14:52 am »
Also in Survival, if a player joins the game after the round ended but before new round has started he often won't get killed.
i was checking this bug too but seems to be fixed in current version.
also in 1.5.0 there was possibility join even ingame and dont die not only on end round ;d ppl often are abusing this bug on survival mode.

You're Pro or you're Noob. That's life.

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2011, 07:54:12 am »
also in 1.5.0 there was possibility join even ingame and dont die not only on end round ;d ppl often are abusing this bug on survival mode.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Even DoDamage(ID,4000); in OnJoinTeam() doesn't seem to solve it, sometimes server just won't kill a player.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2011, 10:50:14 am »
Is it just me, or is it not possible to use more than one command line parameter? I want to load Soldat from the cmd line with both -mod and -join parameters, but it just gives me an error (tried with quotes and everything). If it's not possible, I'd like to see it added.

Try it in different order. Worked for me.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."