Author Topic: Rambo bow  (Read 3120 times)

Offline archie

• Major(1)
Rambo bow
« on: March 21, 2011, 02:48:35 pm »
Search found nothing, so I'll just ask.

Is there a mod that replaces a weapon (e.g. Ruger) with rambo bow and arrow animation? Is that even possible?

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Re: Rambo bow
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 02:55:27 pm »
Not really.
Due to the way how soldat works with sprites, it would look awful to play with (and i mean, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE to play with), so i doubt anyone published it.
The bow and arrow animation is possible to make, but it would be needed to cut out some pieces of it (if im right) so it might look a little bit hacky. The other problem is that if other weapons share the same reload anim, everything would look like it, and im not sure if it would look good.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 02:58:24 pm »
nice question
 you can:
make the gfx the visual part like a rambo bow    and,
you can make that it fires arrows or(not both) fire arrow's
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 02:58:41 pm »
You can make the ruger fire arrows by editting weapons.ini
And you can change the ruger gfx, I'm not sure if you could place a bow, but I've never tried placing something dramatically bigger than the original gun as gfx.

Animations... are replaceable... but most anims are universal and not specific to a weapon, so it may muck up others as croat says.
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 04:59:32 pm »
To add:
Editing the weapons.ini isnt the smartest as some combinations including the rambo bow are triggering the integrated anti-cheat in soldat (like multiknife and flag-cap prevention) which will end up in kicking anyone who uses it. Except that, it is unusable in mp.

The alignment will be horrible. As far as ive noticed, there is a 1-2 px misalignment when facing left-right and it can be occasionally used to make something bigger look nice, even if its oversized, but just a few pixels. Anything bigger than 4 px makes it look weird (E.g. facing left, it looks like its placed on the underside of the arm, and while facing right it looks shoulder mounted~ though, you can use this to make some interesting  combinations. But that asks for great modding knowledge) The ruger-bow difference in height is 15-16 px. Which is something i dont even want to try.

For animations, it takes a lot of time to learn how make them smooth, and after that comes the mp-compatibility (needs some practice). And again, if more than one gun uses the anim, it will probably look bad on an another one, like i said.
(And im experienced with modding mp-compatible anims.)
Made a bow reload anim which looks like a crossbow reload,
and it took me a few hours to make it look decent-good.
 I can provide it if needed.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline archie

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 01:46:05 pm »
Made a bow reload anim which looks like a crossbow reload,
and it took me a few hours to make it look decent-good.
 I can provide it if needed.

Yes, please.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 02:15:51 pm »
The BF2142 H-AVR Pilum mod for the bow.
Includes anim, gfx, sfx and interface gfx. Credits go Deadeye Rob for his original BF2142 mod.
I tweaked it to suit my needs, and that is how i made the bow.

I had to upload the whole bow, as the anim was specially made for that weapon.