Author Topic: ctf_Dilbert  (Read 2129 times)

Offline AdamD

• Major
  • hi its me your IRC pal dicko
    • i make games sometimes too.
ctf_Dilbert
« on: March 23, 2011, 12:34:37 pm »
this is a map i'm working on at the moment.

right now i'm touching up the polys and wondering what i could put in the middle of the top route. the idea is, all the thin parts are player collision only, and so the map will be (hopefully), fast, easy flowing, with lots of flag throwing and tactics. i've tried to protect the bases from spray and at the moment the map feels a little too long. anyway, i was wondering what you thought, and any ideas for that top part, because obviously right now it is very easy to spray across. i was thinking of a little base sort of like the one in Guardian, but something original would be much better.
vam; dicko
vagabonds & miscreants

Offline jerich

• Camper
Re: ctf_Dilbert
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 02:20:59 pm »
looks like a sad ghost from super mario
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 02:36:04 pm »
Dont like it   :-\  doesnt looks good to me
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 02:42:46 pm »
it's not a finished map ¬.¬
you've summed up most of my thoughts in your own paragraph. I like the general design.
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 02:59:55 pm »
you've summed up most of my thoughts in your own paragraph. I like the general design.
doesn't knew but do something to it it looks like a SpRaY fest no coliders tunnels "cover places"
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 03:20:00 pm »
doesn't knew but do something to it it looks like a SpRaY fest no coliders tunnels "cover places"
Uhh.. listen to me:
it's a first draft, you don't have colliders in a first layout draft xD
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 03:26:19 pm »
lower route won't be used. Way longer, unless you put some ice, but with those "bridges" it will be something too similar to ctf_Blade. Ahhh one spawn in the lower route, maybe a little near to the center, or in the center itself!
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline AdamD

• Major
  • hi its me your IRC pal dicko
    • i make games sometimes too.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 04:31:42 am »
lower route won't be used. Way longer, unless you put some ice, but with those "bridges" it will be something too similar to ctf_Blade. Ahhh one spawn in the lower route, maybe a little near to the center, or in the center itself!

yeah this is my biggest worry. i was thinking of actually putting the flags in that little niche below the spawn points? that way the flag can be thrown above and pushed with bullets or whatever. what do you think?
vam; dicko
vagabonds & miscreants

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 12:52:03 pm »
that's better, but the spawns are too near. Maybe you can create another "cave" on sides of the map for the spawns.

Another idea is to do the trick that flag can be taken from both sides of the wall, it's with ice, I'll have to search the post...
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade