Author Topic: Aug accuracy sucks!  (Read 7521 times)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
Re: Aug accuracy sucks!
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2008, 10:59:08 am »
This is why there's the word called "burst"

Steyr is fired in bursts to make it accurate, but that bug makes it more powerful because you can burst for a longer period of time before becoming inaccurate (hence you can kill someone faster), comparing a gun which has the same self-bink and movementacc but does not have that bug. This affects the balance quite greatly.
And this is why there's a word called "strategy." As you said, the balance is quite off, but that's why there are simple weapons like m79 and spas to take him out in close range. Long range? I would definitely go with ruger, minimi, or Barrett.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 08:02:15 pm by tehsnipah »
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2008, 12:20:12 pm »
This is why there's the word called "burst"

Steyr is fired in bursts to make it accurate, but that bug makes it more powerful because you can burst for a longer period of time before becoming inaccurate (hence you can kill someone faster), comparing a gun which has the same self-bink and movementacc but does not have that bug. This affects the balance quite greatly.

I dont agree to that at all. All bullets are supposed to be accurate, now the first one isnt accurate. It doesnt make it more powerful, it make it less.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 06:18:11 am »
But wouldn't it be considered still pretty accurate because a good Augger can adjust that aim to make as many shots count?

Also, if you tried to aim directly upwards/downwards, you can't hit anyone, it'd be slanted away either left or right.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2008, 10:56:36 am »
It would. But it only means that despite the drawback the steyr can still hold its back against other weapons. It doesn't mean that first shot isn't a drawback.

Most auger avoid the first shot. The payoff is less "efficient" is term of the degree of skill needed to accomplish such an act than the damage it could potencially give.

I didn't really understand that second statement.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 10:58:21 am by excruciator »

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2008, 02:18:16 pm »
funny how you discuss about 1 bullet when people can eat tons of nades and bullets without taking damage :).

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2008, 03:06:22 pm »
because that bullet is to some extent controllable unlike eating, which is impossible to predict thus control.

Fixing is not needed as I fell in love with the gun because it had a crooked bullet.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 01:43:42 pm by excruciator »

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 05:06:47 pm »
Has this been fixed yet?

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 05:13:27 pm »
In the previous version the most overpowered weapons were for a fact the Steyr and the Minimi, even now with the "bugged" shot the steyr can be one hell of a good choice for fast encounters.
b&

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 04:34:38 am »
Wow, it's been one year again.

Has this been fixed yet?
Chances are it won't be fixed. Consider it as a feature of Soldat, specially made for the Aug.

These angled shots happens because the shooting itself has an animation. This happens as soon as the fireinterval reaches 8:

1) When fireinterval is 8, when crouched, the bullets will angle downwards.
2) When fireinterval is 7 and not prone/crouch, the first shot is accurate, but subsequent bullets would be fired at a slightly upward angle. Shooting while crouched, the bullets are angled slightly downwards.
3) When fireinterval is 6 and below in a non-prone position, the bullets would tend to angle slightly up and down between each shot. Shooting while crouched, the bullets are angled slightly downwards.

Prone is not affected as shooting while proning probably has no firing animation - hence the bullets go 100% straight given that the player stays still and is no affected by bink.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 04:39:52 am by STM1993 »

Offline X4nthic

• Major(1)
  • Remember! Soldat is only fun!
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 06:02:06 am »
easy! Stop playing stupid spray! And lets choose normal gun like Deagles

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 07:21:53 am »
easy! Stop playing stupid spray! And lets choose normal gun like Deagles

Not really, define "normal" for me, Einstein.
As STM said, it is a result of fire interval and therefore shouldn't, and cannot, for the sake of keeping the weapons as close to being balanced as they can, "fixed".
b&

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 08:05:54 am »
No... it's the result of a firing animation, and at fireintervals 8 and below, the firing animation interferes with the your aim since the gun is not at its normal position.

I personally believe that it is better if that firing animation is removed, but it can cause some problems as well - the Aug would actually become even more devastating and easier to use. The MP5 would be a lot more accurate and given its current firepower, that'd make the MP5 too strong. The minigun would genuinely benefit from it, but it's not like anyone would truly use it and it's that little firing animation inaccuracy that makes it more sprayable.

Those problems might be solved by tweaking with the movementacc and bink, but it might not work so well.

Chances are, it won't be changed anyway.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:14:52 am by STM1993 »

Offline 8th_account

• Soldier
  • Munitions Support
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 01:11:26 am »
The first bullet is acctually bugged. It always fires it a bit too high, or if it was too low...

But it's been like this since the first versions, and i find it charming

Old topic is old.

But nowadays I don't find it as charming...

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 11:27:00 am »
This is the worst.

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 12:07:30 pm »
The first bullet is acctually bugged. It always fires it a bit too high, or if it was too low...

But it's been like this since the first versions, and i find it charming

Old topic is old.

But nowadays I don't find it as charming...

I agree. That's why I fixed this bug for the upcoming version.