Author Topic: CTF maps included in Teammatch lists  (Read 978 times)

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
CTF maps included in Teammatch lists
« on: March 20, 2007, 01:31:01 pm »
Considering how many people enjoy playing R/S in CTF mode while complaining about people capping the flag, it seems appropriate that they should be able to switch their servers to TM and still play the same CTF maps.

That way people who enjoy R/S in different ways (being able to capture the flag vs. not) can accurately find the servers they're looking for.

It wouldn't be such a big deal to take the ctf_ off of map names, remove their flags, and wait for everyone to redownload them to play in TM; but this option adds more functionality with less work on the client's side -- a CTF map is just a two-teamed TM map with a twist, after all.  It may also already be possible to force Soldat to use CTF maps in TM mode, but I'm not aware of any way to do that.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: CTF maps included in Teammatch lists
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 02:19:32 pm »
Rather, it would be awesome to be able to select any maps for any gamemode, and simply have filters for the original gamemode the maps were set for. Support.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 04:08:30 pm »
Here's a better solution:
in the maps directory, have folders labeled "ctf" "inf" "dm" etc...  and you can add your own (loaded upon startup or through "/loadmaps" command or something) and you can browse in-game by these folders.  Also, an auto-complete function would be useful - say type "/map ctf\voland" ( "\" or "/" ) or if you start typing /map ctf\vol it should like auto-complete it and have voland written (accept suggested auto-complete by hitting tab).
So you can have like a folder named "my maps" and load like "/map my maps\test1" - it should work.

ALSO:  if you type /map and your not admin it should make a vote - same for /kick...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 04:45:22 pm »
Rather, it would be awesome to be able to select any maps for any gamemode, and simply have filters for the original gamemode the maps were set for. Support.
Yup, I had this in mind for a long time :D
BANG! 5:45 o' clock. It's the police raiding your home, blackmailing you.