Soldat Fans > Developers Corner

Soldat Global Account System

<< < (2/5) > >>

CurryWurst:
Our current choice as scripting language for Proxy server module support is Lua, as it is easy to learn, integrates almost seamlessly into C++, it is powerful and can be extended easily to even support OOP paradigm. If you have any other suggestions feel free to post them here. I have already set up a basic Lua script core, though it is not yet fully functional.

-Bendarr-:
Congrats Curt and CurryWurst!! (and others who worked on it :P)

CurryWurst:

--- Quote from: FalconPL on April 18, 2011, 08:00:53 pm ---Yey, grats for releasing it finally! Good job!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: -Bendarr- on April 22, 2011, 06:34:20 pm ---Congrats Curt and CurryWurst!! (and others who worked on it :P)

--- End quote ---

Thank you and Happy Easter to all of you! Don't forget to look for some Easter eggs :P

Curt released a more sophisticated tutorial on how to write modules using the SGAS Soldat Server API. So if you are a scripter why not write a module?
If you lack any API functionality let us know and make a post on our forum.

Mr convinced me of the idea to create a C++ plugin system for the Proxy server, hence modules may be written in C++ and loaded as shared library.
Nevertheless, I still intent to provide a scripting API in Lua or any other language of your choice.

Falcon`:
* FalconPL choose PHPshould be possible, i know some scriptcores based on PHP in other apps (f.e nordicbots will support PHP scriptcore soon).

CurryWurst:

--- Quote from: FalconPL on April 24, 2011, 01:16:23 pm ---* FalconPL choose PHPshould be possible, i know some scriptcores based on PHP in other apps (f.e nordicbots will support PHP scriptcore soon).

--- End quote ---

Not sure about PHP since it is supposed to serve for the web and I'd rather prefer to embed a lightweight language such as Lua.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version