Author Topic: AusSoldat  (Read 5418 times)

Offline Dolfo

• Major
AusSoldat
« on: May 19, 2011, 07:35:16 pm »
A few years of absence, I decide to check how this game is going. I checked the usual Soldat site for NZ/AUS players and the last posts are like a month or so old. Anyone here from the scene know what's going on or if they've moved to a new site? Or is the scene just dead?

I even checked Soldat Servers and none hosted from NZ/AUS. Really saddening to see, 3 years ago there use to be atleast 5 servers up and a thriving community. What has happened? :(

Dolfo
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
Re: AusSoldat
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 10:24:15 pm »
get on Quakenet and you can find the aus guys on #aus.gather, heres a webchat link if u've never used IRC: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#aus.gather

though I recommend getting a real irc client(google mIRC) theres tutorials on this forum I think. No idea about a website, maybe http://www.asctfl.net ?
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 12:22:54 am »
All the GA servers are still there, I believe they are hosted by an aussie ISP, and they come to life in the evenings at GMT+10
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 02:25:18 am »
get on Quakenet and you can find the aus guys on #aus.gather, heres a webchat link if u've never used IRC: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#aus.gather

though I recommend getting a real irc client(google mIRC) theres tutorials on this forum I think. No idea about a website, maybe http://www.asctfl.net ?

this dolfo ;o.

asctfl is the official aussie forums now but has sunken to inactivity recently. aus.gather is still a bit lively but not as much as it used to be.

Offline Dolfo

• Major
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 01:13:44 pm »
okay thanks, i remember quitting soldat cus my internet always dc'd when i tried to join mirc, but i'll give it a go later tonight - is 1.5 the version being used by GA servers?

thanks heaps
Dolfo

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 06:26:27 pm »
Yep, 1.5 is the current non-beta version, which is what most servers use
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Cult

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 02:47:45 am »
Hey faggot,

Asctfl forums are pretty much dead tbh. The scene has about 2 clans left, but the main competition now is international tournaments for us. #aus.gather is still pretty active though so theres plenty of games going. Also SWC is coming up, i only have about 2 kiwis atm, so a 3rd would be nice! Well timed if you're coming back to playing again lol.

P.S, still waiting for your gang to come and kill me :P

Offline Dolfo

• Major
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 09:53:21 am »
Hahaha, I remember those days, hilarious. 14-16 year-old wannabe gangster! But yeah, help me with the problem with my IRC, I'd love to play.

Dolfo

Offline Cult

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 05:35:25 am »
Try this Dolfo:

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#ausgather

It's a web client, just enter ur name in the Name box and it'll take you straight to the gather channel!

Offline Dolfo

• Major
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 05:05:53 am »
Hey Cult,

I've tried that a few times over the years, including the days where I was an active player and the web version still disconnected by internet! Grrr.

Dolfo

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 06:04:42 am »
is it only the webchat that disconnects your net, dolfo? try downloading an IRC client, mIRc, chatzilla, pidgin (a guide on mIRC here http://wiki.soldat.nl/IRC_tutorial). hopefully we see you in the channel soon ;D

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 06:41:47 am »
try looking at your router settings maybe its blocking irc ports or the ident port? I've had problems with that in the past, another thing you could try if you can get someone like Cult/Kagesha to set you up a BNC and explain how to connect to it via mIRC and see if you can connect to IRC like that.(sounds a bit complicated but if you can chat to cult on msn pretty sure you can figure it out...)
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Dolfo

• Major
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 12:14:37 am »
I've had others set up accounts for me but it's just whenever it connects to an IRC Channel it disconnects. I've also tried forwarding ports but to no avail. I'll try using other IRC programs (Chatzilla) to see if it'll work.

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 09:22:11 pm »
1.6 combined with Telstra have killed Aussie Soldat as far as I can tell.

Even in the weeks prior to 1.6 it was barely worth booting up unless you wanted to wait 5 minutes only to be tked playing a 5 sec round of R/S .

Shame really, because out of every game Ive ever installed, Soldat is the only game I always feel compelled to play.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline Omicron

• Major(1)
  • Soldat Paradise
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 08:51:17 pm »
Glad I found this thread. I’ve been looking for the last half an hour and couldn’t find a single trace of the old Australian soldat forums. So I guess it’s practically dead now? :(

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 07:02:43 am »
There still seems to be an active bunch in #ausgather on quakenet. I recommend going there if you want to find some!

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 08:25:32 am »
You always can start new servers from that location... And become a leader in that community :P