Poll

Good idea?

F12 - Yes
5 (83.3%)
F11 - No
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Bots ability to pick up weapons from the ground  (Read 752 times)

Offline Maek|

• Soldier
Bots ability to pick up weapons from the ground
« on: June 27, 2011, 02:30:43 am »
Hey!  :)

Its been a while since I last visited here.. I may return with some new maps. Time will tell.

Anyway, I came up with some improvements when I played ctf_laos with bots and survival/advance. Even though I played on difficulty "impossible" I noticed that the bots ignored main guns that were laying on the ground when they were wielding just secondaries because they didnt have enough kills to earn one themselves. So I'm asking that is it possible to make the bots to pickup weapons from the ground if they cant get one in the weapons menu in (at least) advance mode because thats what I do when I cant get the gun I like otherwise. I know it would be quite tricky to program something like this but its possible for sure. Only for HARD and IMPOSSIBLE?

A quote from the old thread.

Don't forget that bots have an advantage as they can aim pretty well :P so it's not really necessary.
Yes, they can aim pretty well but it doesnt help really if theyre running around with a knife or a chainsaw. It'd be a good add on for harder difficulty levels. Impossible difficulty isnt hard enough for me, so things like this would step it up a little.

Don't forget to vote!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:22:24 am by Maek| »
Soldat since 1.0.5

Offline chutem

• Veteran
Re: Bots ability to pick up weapons from the ground
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 04:01:53 am »
Don't forget that bots have an advantage as they can aim pretty well :P so it's not really necessary.

Bots aim is terrible, they take no account for where the enemy is moving, which is the main reason why they are so easy even on impossible.

Sounds like fun to code better aiming math.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs