Author Topic: A Message to the soldat dev Team  (Read 9985 times)

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
Re: A Message to the soldat dev Team
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 12:14:17 pm »
yup we need something NEW!!
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 04:32:52 pm »
At some point it becomes necessary to move on from the denial of Soldat's death and onto acceptance.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 05:47:41 pm »
At some point it becomes necessary to move on from the denial of Soldat's death and onto acceptance.

It's not dead, not yet, but it's getting there.
b&

Offline Maek|

• Soldier
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 11:55:11 pm »
Dont give up. I came back from a 2 and a half year break and I'm all exited about soldat again. I'm even working on a new map. Try to contact your old soldat friends if you can about this. Dont let Soldat die! Just release the 1.5.1.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:57:23 pm by Maek| »
Soldat since 1.0.5

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2011, 08:51:37 pm »
Devs, pls remember what has had happend the last time we had a public beta-version. There where 15 beta-builds and finally even a release candidate (aka build 15). But this whole procedure took more than six months as far as I can remember. And after some weeks nobody cared for the beta anymore (at least the test-servers where empty). Pls don't do the same. Do not choose the Firefox-like way. Don't try to make the next version perfect. What we only need is another "final" version. A version which replaces the old one. So that everyone needs to update the client. So that after one-two weeks the majority of servers use the newest version. It's not about a bugless version. Who cares if the new version will have some flaws? We are used to this and still we played it like crazy.
Why I'm saying this? Because we need some action/publicity which also reaches the non-forumers and the casual-players. We need to stop the decreasing player-count. And we also need some more forumers. So: Go for small releases (like Mozilla's gonna do with the next versions - Firefox 5's schedule is in approx. three-four months btw). Try to fix only the most important bugs in this version and then go for the 1.5.1 FINAL.
Don't get me wrong - I appreciate everything what you've done but I'm fearing again that in some weeks it will be the same situation as before...

The RC should have released months years ago.
True, true. Imo it has enough bug fixes and changes (mostly from good-old EnEsCe) and doesn't have major disadvantages/problems compared to the current version.
Waiting for the anti-cheat API makes no sense imo. You have an autoupdate-feature - make use of it (finally, goddamn). There's not really much to prepare for a release-build. We're not Mozilla who do huge (automatic) testing and qa before even releasing an alpha-version. Simply take a week and have no fear to release the s**t (v1.5.1). What you're waiting for?? What could go wrong if you do just do it?
Just tell the people that it's not a major huge update (which it actually is, check the changelog, zomg) but a smaller one. Assure them that there will be more small updates. Make them hot about the upcoming default anti-cheat. I don't think they will be disappointed (at least there're would be some changes).
Then you'd have some time to fix some more introduced bugs and go for the anti-cheat API with v1.5.2. :)

Two months have passed again and I think I won't write another "kick-devs-in-the-ass"-post...
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2011, 06:38:12 am »
they are all idle-devs now. I guess they are waiting for Shoozza to come back to coding.

@down
True that
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:57:59 am by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2011, 10:33:48 am »
Fryer is doing a great job tbh at the moment, and he also said he wants this version released this summer, so If Shoozza comes back in a short while we might get something here..
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2011, 01:55:59 pm »
This game is not dead until the last player left. It's in the hands of every soldier. It may be dead for one or the other of the veterans, it may be that a generation is leaving soldat. Still, it's not the decision of those who leave, but of those who stay and of those who come.

Please do not consider soldat dead before those who still have joy and fun in playing this buggy game. Their hope is the greatest motivation for the current devs.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2011, 01:41:08 pm »

Also I'm against adding people who have no interest in developing soldat.
In the last few months I haven't seen a single person asking for getting added to the dev team.

Yeah well it seems like some devs are not interested either like what have they been doing the past few months? (being @ at #soldat.devs 24/7 and thats about it).

And if you don't see any progress you wouldn't want to join the team either.
You should probably check out the topic link in the channel to see what has happened in the last few months.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2011, 08:14:12 am »
it came true : duke nukem forever has been released before the new soldat vers.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:49:34 pm by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Ymies

• Major
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2011, 09:33:10 am »

you should've watched more x-files

deny everything!

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2011, 09:57:58 am »

Also I'm against adding people who have no interest in developing soldat.
In the last few months I haven't seen a single person asking for getting added to the dev team.

Yeah well it seems like some devs are not interested either like what have they been doing the past few months? (being @ at #soldat.devs 24/7 and thats about it).

And if you don't see any progress you wouldn't want to join the team either.
You should probably check out the topic link in the channel to see what has happened in the last few months.

Did you read my post it said : SOME devs
www.idunwantanpage.com

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2011, 01:14:50 pm »
You guys need to realize.. being a Soldat dev isn't easy, PLUS they're not getting paid. Be patient.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2011, 04:13:54 pm »
how is it NOT easy to be a dev when you don't do anything beside being afk 200 years?
www.idunwantanpage.com

DarkCrusade

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2011, 04:37:22 pm »
how is it NOT easy to be a dev when you don't do anything beside being afk 200 years?

You have proven before that you are not to be taken serious in terms of logical thinking. Your trolling is unsuccessful, because your only message is "everything sucks" and not helpful at all. This last episode has just proven this further.. go back to 4chan.

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2011, 05:06:10 pm »

You have proven before that you are not to be taken serious in terms of logical thinking. Your trolling is unsuccessful, because your only message is "everything sucks" and not helpful at all. This last episode has just proven this further.. go back to 4chan.

can't say your lifeless 3296 post were of any use either, go away nubcake
www.idunwantanpage.com

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2011, 01:30:08 am »

can't say your lifeless 3296 post were of any use either, go away nubcake

LOL.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Sauron

• Soldier
  • Call me "Uncle Sam"
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2011, 12:34:05 am »
SOLDAT??

Offline filip2322

• Major
  • Gray
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2011, 11:57:42 pm »
I thought this would be the right topic to post.

Could one of the devs add a country/continent filter?

Example:  Europe checked  #Europe  <---It lists only EU servers

If its possible ofc
Imperare sibi maximum imperium est

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl

Im chill like that