Poll

Should MM keep soldat rights or MM should pass it for someone other?

Yes MM should keep those damn rights
11 (36.7%)
Yes MM should give those damn rights for someone other
19 (63.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: [POLL] Let community decide soldat`s future  (Read 1872 times)

Offline motivationbot

• Major(1)
[POLL] Let community decide soldat`s future
« on: July 07, 2011, 05:29:48 am »
Hello, community. Its not a secret that soldat is getting less active every day. Developers should do something. Don`t lose hope and make it best, most popular 2D game ever. Good games doesnt need fantastic graphic. Everything is just about an idea, for example Minecraft.
It has poor graphic, but good idea and that leads to success. Minecraft already made more than 50 million euros cash.

Now soldat. What is it? Its best shooting-action game ever. Its like mixture of matrix, asssin`s creed, cod, Jackie Chan and all best action games.

Why soldat is so special and we play it instead of cod? Its simple. Such a huge ammount of action is imposible to be add in 3D game. That is huge adavantage against popular 3D games. Soldat is 2D and thats why it provides us fights like from movies. You are able to kill, avoid bullets, fly and support your teammates at same time. You have to think fast and click right button at right time, while in 3D you have to spend huge 1 secound to look back.

Without this awesome PVP system in 2D game , community also brainstorming ideas :

Tactical trench war - omg so awesome. Team Fortess 2 is a poor copy of that. Sadly all commands are runned by server scrips, thats why dev`team should develop soldat.

Soldat counter-strike realistic - another fantastic part of soldat. Huge part of that game mode consists of tactics and mind-games. Maps are full of ricos and much more. But here need some updates like running out bullets, thats why dev`team should develop soldat.

Soldat-climbing, soldat-sports and much much more its even hard to describe. Soldat pvp, modes and gameplay is so awesome, so please dont let those ideas die.

So please MM , dev`team, community lets do something to make soldat rise!!!!!!

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:43:30 am by motivationbot »
soldat r/s ----- own

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
Re: [POLL] Let community decide soldat`s future
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 07:49:07 am »
Hello, traveler. Welcome to Another Iteration of This Topic.

Its like mixture of matrix, asssin`s creed, cod, Jackie Chan and all best action games.
What? Did I miss some options in the config?

Such a huge ammount of action is imposible to be add in 3D game.
I played Team Fortress 2 for about two hours when it became free and dropped it after realizing I can't keep up with the pace. So, yes, it's possible in 3D games too.

Why would MM want to give away his rights to Soldat if he created it and gets money from registrations? Would you kill a goose that lays golden eggs?

Offline motivationbot

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 08:51:02 am »
thanks for feedback.

I wouldn`t call it golden egg ( more way wooden ) since income is like 3$/month? ( in fact I don`t know )

Why MM should give rights to someone else? Simple. Its like bird created by MM and bird wants to fly, but creator doesnt let him. Its like candy which MM gave to me and then destroyed all candies in the world. Its like MM took my virginity and then made me impotent.

Its not enough for him? after all he could make profitable contract for him with dev`team. MM created wonderful game and instead of making it even more fantastic , he is killing it.

My hard guess, everything what happens now is because soldat was created by polack. If this game would be created in 1st world country like USA, we wouldnt face such a problems. People wouldn`t kill their art because of extremely low income.

soldat r/s ----- own

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 09:04:12 am »
If he made you impotent, he did good.

Edit: I see the need to clarify my statement, because I got warned for the above trolling: By no means you are in position to make assumptions about MM being the reason that Soldat is going down. Freestyler already pointed out that this thread is just another iteration of the same idea which some people tend to get. But if you look at Soldat's situation in detail, it becomes clear why it is less successful than Minecraft and other new games. It is old. In fact, Soldat's graphics are outdated and most people buy or download games judging from the graphics. If the current dev team would completly rewrite Soldat, there would maybe be a chance, but it is not going to happen. Soldat is MM's property, and he can do with it whatever he wants. You are lucky to be able to play it for free, and you are not in position to insult him (or what the hell did you mean by "if he was American, he would be much cooler").

And to clear you up about how things are rolling in reality: Everyone. Cares. About. Money.

There are almost no exceptions from this rule, and it applies here as well. MM needs food. MM needs clothes. And some satisfaction from getting something out of work he loves. After all, MM loves Soldat. He did not let it rot; he passed it to EnEsCe, and fortunatly to the current dev team.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:37:31 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 01:06:53 pm »
no shit sherlock, but obviously he gave his food away, by dropping developing soldat
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 01:09:03 pm »
Dev team can just make a b***h movement, drop soldat development and focus on reviving openSoldat. Good bye copyrights!. But i guess that's not gonna happen, for obvious reason. (in fact i'd be against it).

Soldat is good game though, out of curiosity i once looked for "clones" on sourceforge. I found ~14 of them.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:18:36 pm by FalconPL »
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 02:38:04 pm »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 02:50:26 pm »
Just lock this topic, I beg you.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline tk

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 03:41:23 pm »
My hard guess, everything what happens now is because soldat was created by polack. If this game would be created in 1st world country like USA, we wouldnt face such a problems. People wouldn`t kill their art because of extremely low income.

Thie game was created by a Pole, he can drop it or do whatever he wants with it. If you have any problems with that, get the fuck out of here, nobody forces you to play it.

@down: fixed
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:35:32 pm by tk »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 04:06:18 pm »
Why does it look like you quoted me?

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 05:38:31 am »
Tactical trench war - omg so awesome. Team Fortess 2 is a poor copy of that.  Sadly all commands are runned by server scrips,thats why dev`team should develop soldat.
Yea its cool but no1 ever plays. I remember when there was an irc chan #ttw.soldat and we played ttw gathers, that was fun.(freakin ticket system back then). And why do u think using server scripting is bad? Afaik there will be no new game-modes added in new soldat so scripting is the only way to make the server ttw-like.

Soldat-climbing, soldat-sports and much much more its even hard to describe. Soldat pvp, modes and gameplay is so awesome, so please dont let those ideas die.

There are atleast few popular climb servers at this time and as long as there are players willing to play there will be servers imo. So if you want to keep it alive just keep playing and tell your friends to do it, cause empty climb server will bring sudden death to this mode.(Not mentioning soldat-sports which is kinda small community)

to-do list of dev team members: http://corkboard.me/view/ccd898fbf94199d537728bfc50f2df05d51ce2d1 (check the green ones which is fixed bugs section)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:41:11 am by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline tk

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 05:54:20 am »
Yea its cool but no1 ever plays. I remember when there was an irc chan #ttw.soldat and we played ttw gathers, that was fun.(freakin ticket system back then). And why do u think using server scripting is bad? Afaik there will be no new game-modes added in new soldat so scripting is the only way to make the server ttw-like

TTW is still played, there is a public server hosted by Leo (idk how active it is at the moment) and ttw gather on #soldat.eat-this!

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 09:10:43 am »
@tk
Well last time i checked tw/ttw servers were all empty

nice, I didin't know that joining #soldat.eat-this! right now

Im chill like that