Author Topic: New upcoming RPG: Pet-Mod  (Read 3163 times)

DarkCrusade

New upcoming RPG: Pet-Mod
« on: July 13, 2011, 01:39:17 pm »
Hey guys, I have been pretty busy working on the plans for a new and hopefully more original RPG! I have already finished the base for it (in terms of scripting), and I'll finish it as soon as possible. But before I release anything, I would like to have some more ideas which could be added to the game.

But before you start shouting suggestions, here is what the RPG will be about:

It is a PvE (Player versus Environment) based RPG where the player is a summoner and has his own "pet". Both gain experience for slaying zombies and scoring for the team. The player gains money and experience from his pet as well and vice-versa (of course you manage its funds :P). It gets interesting when the player reaches higher levels, because he will need to spend his money and skillpoints (which he gains by leveling or buying them via money) to obtain items and skills for himself and his pet, so they can outlast waves of zombies with a strong addiction of summoner-brainz. I will try to be original here and I won't iterate the old "press this button and a big death wave will crush everything in its way"-stuff. I will use some of the ideas I have suggested for HackTank's ZRPG. It is a big list, so you will likely need to scroll a bit :P

Code: [Select]
PASSIVE SKILLS:[/b]

Empathic Bond (Passive): For every ally in range damage you receive is reduced by [0,3..0,46] %.

Rest (Passive): Every second that you don't shoot or move you regenerate health and ammunition. You need to rest for 3 seconds for this effect to start.

SP Fire (Passive; needs to be activated in options): Converts SP into additional damage. Numbers can be discussed, because I'm not quite sure here..

Vulture (Passive): Adds [3..4] HP to your maximum health for every killed zombie. Resets upon death.

Mirror Shield (Passive): Mirror [0.5..1.5]% damage to the shooter.

Vengeful (Passive): The lower your health, the higher your damage. Full health: dmg * 1; Dead: dmg * 2.25 (>PSG)

Guard (Passive): Allies in range receive less damage, excluding yourself.

Lucky Cat (Passive): Every time you kill a zombie there is a chance ([0,1..0,2]) that you gain 50 SP. Available from lvl 1 onwards, upgradeable once [lvl 20].

Unfair Advantage (Passive): You deal [5..10]% more damage against reloading enemies.

Robbery (Passive): Everytime an ally in range dies, you steal potions from him. (Heals to full life and gives grenades. 7% chance that it gives a random bonus)

[b]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ACTIVE SKILLS:[/b]

Demigod (Active): You gain demigod status for [10..14] seconds . While active, your gun reloads once every second and you receive only half the normal damage. Drains all mana and souls.

Knife Flurry (Active): You have infinite knives for [20..30] seconds.

Mage Master (Active): Drains all mana and souls. All spells are free for [15..25] seconds. (High cost)

Braincrusher (Active): Instantly kill the next zombie. (low range)

Shadowstep (Active): The next time you'd be hit by a zombie you don't receive any damage and warp to a different place, away from the zombie.

Final Blow (Active): Sacrifice yourself to kill all zombies in range. (High cost)

Ride the Lightning (Active): Ride a lightning bolt and warp with lightspeed into the next zombie (if in range). (medium damage, low cost)

Soulchain (Active): Everytime you deal damage, the next zombie (if in range) receives 1/2 the damage the first zombie got. Hits up to 4 zombies in a row. Lasts [14..32] seconds.

Savanna's Heat (Active): The air around you heats up over time. Lasts 5 seconds. Deals [10..13] damage (damage is dealt every second). The damage doubles every second.

Gamble (Active): If you are lucky, your next shot deals +2500 damage, but there is a chance for you to die or for no effect at all.

Searing Bullets (Active): Your bullets light zombies on fire for [14..32] seconds.

Protective Spirit (Active): Zombies can deal only a maximum of [12..10]% of your maximum health of damage. Lasts [6..9] seconds.

Pacifism (Active): Zombies around you are disarmed and cannot deal damage for [4..7] seconds. Effect ends earlier if damage is dealt to a zombie.

Flak Ammo (Active): Your current ammunition is changed to an explosive one.

Hellfire (Active): The next 3 zombies (if in range) get hit by Hellfire. Zombies which survive deal less damage.

Healing Spot (Active): Sets a healing spot on your position. Allies - including yourself - get healed by [9..14] every second. Lasts [10..15] seconds.

Berserker (Active): Your health drops to 1. You don't receive any healing for [16..13] seconds. You deal [160..220]% damage for [13..20] seconds.

Mist Form (Active): You cannot receive or deal damage for [4..6] seconds.

Claymores (Active): Summon [3..4] claymores on random positions around you. Claymores last [60..72] seconds and explode once a zombie steps on one.

Holy Spirit (Active): Once casted, this spell triggers when you die. You rise from the dead and gain 3 seconds of invincibility (so you won't die directly after being reborn when you die in a deadly pit). This spell costs around 100 Mana and 20 Souls to make it balanced.

Snipershot (Active): Next target in direct sight is targeted. Shoot [5..10] bullets straight into your enemies direction.

Aflatoxin (Active): Next zombie is infected (no pun intended) and drains health from the target. Upon death Aflatoxin can spread to 3 more zombies if they are in range.

Call Supplies (Active): You and your allies get one random bonus each. This includes Minigun/M79. Additionaly, you are healed by 33% of your maximum health.

Mark of Pain (Active): Strongest zombie (determined by amount of health) in range gets cursed. Everytime you or one of your allies deals damage to this zombie all zombies in range receive half the amount of damage.

Rescue Move (Active): Teleport to the nearest medikit.

Delay Bomb (Active): First activation: Plant a delay bomb. Second activation: Blow the delay bomb up. Zombies in range receive damage and are disarmed for [3..5] seconds.

Vampire's Gaze (Active): Drain [60..90] health from up to [3..6] zombies in range.

Deadly Swarm (Active): Deals damage to a zombie. Spreads and chains (2 seconds between every new zombie). Can hit up to [4..8] zombies.

Tigerstance (Active): You deal [15..35]% additional damage for [8..12] seconds. Ends when damaged.

Portal (Active): Place a beacon. The next time you die, you enter a portal and respawn on that position.

Fog Shield (Active): Enemies have a [30..40]% chance to miss you. The chance decreases by [4..2,5]% for every hit you don't take and increases by [1..2,5]% for every hit you take. Lasts [30..60] seconds.

Traitor (Active): You join the forces of the zombies until you die. You can slaughter your former allies and enjoy the bloodbath, but you loose Mana and souls for every kill instead of gaining. You loose health, Mana and souls over time as well. You gain 1000exp for capping, though. (Not sure about this skill, because it could turn new players off when a high level basturd rapes the base)

Fragile Ammunition (Active): Your left ammunition is replaced with fragile ammunition which breaks into pieces flying into every direction except yours.

Drive (Active): Your next [3..5] shots deal +[250..350]% damage but you take [25..16] damage each.

Holy Flash (Active): Costs less mana for every zombie in range. Deals [50..200] damage to the next zombie. A zombie killed by Holy Flash gives [200..300]% the experience.

There will be a shop where you can obtain new items, skills and consumables (Soldat bonuses and some stuff that will come in helpy in other situations).

I am happy about any suggestions, comments or feedback. I don't think I will finish it that soon, because there still is a lot of work. I haven't thought about how I will implement the skills, items and other stuff yet, but I guess players will be able to equip their pets with a limited amount of items and skills.

That's all for now!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:46:30 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
Re: New upcoming RPG: Pet-Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 02:27:44 pm »
If you have a "pet" then I'd suggest making more spells that utilize your position, e.g.:
Blade Fall (active) - Spawns [5..10] knives, spread evenly* between you and your pet. Knives fall from ~100 pixels above you and deal high damage.
Explosive Ether (active) - Same as above, but with [2..5] explosives that deal medium damage. Cooldown is shorter than that of knives.
Soul Swap (active) - Swaps your and your pet's position. Low cooldown and cost.
BFG (active) - This is my favorite, but I'm not sure if you want high-damage weapons... When casted, you and your nearby ally (not pet - it would be difficult with bots) have a few seconds to "aim" - your ally is a "gun" and you are a "crosshair". When the time is up, a very powerful beam is shot at the angle you and your ally "made". Very long cooldown, but the damage is devastating.
Sacrifice (passive) - if you have very low HP, your pet is moved next to you and receives all damage for [2..5] seconds, allowing you to escape.

*if abs(YourX - PetX) = 160 and you spawn seven knives then each knife is spawned every 20 pixels.

edit: yay, I forgot MovePlayer doesn't work with bots... Strikeout'd two of them. You could use PlaceBot though, so I'm not deleting them.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:41:29 pm by freestyler »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 02:52:37 pm »
I love all of them! :) It is unfortunate, that moving bots to a certain position is so complex..

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 03:13:18 pm »
i am amused by your will to finish a large project. I wish you best of luck. Let's see where this goes.
Oh, and about the code - will it be a closed project or open source?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 03:50:43 pm »
I have had so many big projects which I planned and worked on, and I have not finished one of them. I will be more careful this time and not screw the fun :P

I guess I will make it open source if I decide that I am done with it. Before that happens, I will maybe send it to some people I trust, but it won't be public.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 01:24:19 am »
in the beginning i thought it would be a new soldat mod , because of the "mod" in your thread name.

Will this be 2D or 3D ?
are you focusing on singleplayer or co op & multiplayer
Do you already have anything to show off ?
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 07:58:42 am »
It sounds like it IS a soldat-mode:
It is unfortunate, that moving bots to a certain position is so complex..

This is Soldat.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 10:38:10 am »
Yea I want it to be soldat mode [:

Im chill like that

DarkCrusade

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 11:54:13 am »
Will this be 2D or 3D ?

This is for Soldat. I would not post it here if it wasn't. Soldat is 2D.

are you focusing on singleplayer or co op & multiplayer

It is easier to lay waste to big waves of brain-lovers with allies, so it will be multiplayer.

Do you already have anything to show off ?

The mod is not playable yet. I will update this thread as soon as I got something.

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 02:57:20 am »
It is unfortunate, that moving bots to a certain position is so complex..
Use this. Don't really remember how well it worked but it was fairly effective I think.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 12:46:24 pm »
I have some more information on the mod:

Pets have custom names and will use chainsaws until you reach level 10 and choose a class for your pet. There will be 3 classes as of now: Trickster (throws knives; all skills have to do with knives), Defender (auras, healing spells and buffs) and Demo (an explosive experience only to be enjoyed with good FPS). Skills can only be used if your pet is near you or are the most effective that way (for example: the Defender's auras get weaker as the distance between player and pet increases) to make players actually take notice of their fellow little pets. To encourage teamplay, everyone in the team gets a set amount of experience should someone from your team score a point, but only the capper is rewarded money. Additionally, players will be able to buy and improve skills by spending their money and SP (skill points are granted upon leveling up). Players will also be able to use their money to buy a lot of other things like special items which they can either equip to themselves or to their pet (limit of 2 items for pet, 3 for the player). 

What I did not think about yet is how I could make the zombies unique. There will of course be the most usual John Doe-Zombie: the chainsaw-weilding, brain-addicted kind of zombie. But I have some cool ideas for zombies on higher levels, one of them being some kind of vortex eating pets. If the vortex kills a pet (they deal 50% more damage to pets) it will be kicked and will be summoned again after 10 seconds. This is so players will not use their pets as bait but rather try to protect them.

I will try to make it not as complicated so it stays a fun-mod, but I guess it won't be easy to just join and directly start playing. But players will be able to play all alone with less zombies if noone else is around.

Offline dnmr

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 03:34:15 pm »
the thought of bots from your team rushing into a crowd of zombies is quite scary actually

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 06:31:10 pm »
Its gonna be nice if it works out like he described it

Im chill like that

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 06:14:45 am »
You're gonna have a big fight with waypoints and techniques to make minions follow their owner. Well, good luck.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 02:43:05 pm »
[...]to make minions follow their owner.
In Pet-Mod owners follow their pets.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 06:32:23 pm »
I am sorry if some of you feel disappointed, but I quit gaming altogether, which includes Soldat, which also means that I am not going to finish the script. If anyone is interested in picking the concept up, I am more than happy to see my efforts to be more than wasted time, and any changes you do are fine with me. If you decide to make money with it (lol), well.. alright. That's your project then ;)

Drop me a message if you are interested. Or if you just wanna say hi or something, you can drop me a message anyway lol.

Offline dnmr

• Camper
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 11:26:05 pm »
did you start doing drugs?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 03:31:26 am »
Nah, I realized I won't get anywhere with my addiction to games.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 04:22:32 am »
Nah, I realized I won't get anywhere with my addiction to games.
I just realised I am kinda addicted too. Therefor I will not play any games until I finish my exams.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 05:39:15 am »
real life, pfft.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 09:16:05 am »
real life, pfft.
I heard real life doesnt have respawnpoints, is that true?
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 09:20:41 am »
yeah, you can't even save the game at any point (no checkpoints either)
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 10:21:15 am »
Bah, everyone will be camping there to get a good K/D, and I thought survivalmode in soldat was boring.
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 11:52:03 am »
Well, good luck with finishing it... :)