Author Topic: How to register Soldat in Windows 7?  (Read 4983 times)

Offline lolzerdmax

• Major(1)
How to register Soldat in Windows 7?
« on: August 03, 2011, 01:06:55 pm »
I just installed a brand new copy of Windows 7 on my PC so I'm unable to register Soldat. First, I tried the registration tool provided on the e-mail I received when I bought the game (I did it recently): didn't work. So I decided to manually register the game by searching for Soldat's registry entries via regedit and placing a key string with my code on HKEY_CURRENT_USER and... SURPRISE: there's no registry entries for Soldat on HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

Please, somebody help me!

I know that the game doesn't officially supports Windows 7, but there must be a way to register my copy, and I would be very grateful if you guys could help me with it.

Sorry about any possible grammar mistakes. I'm from Brazil and my english sucks a lot, so I wrote this text using Google Translator and Google Chrome's spell checker.

Thanks,
Aaron

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: How to register Soldat in Windows 7?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:32:10 pm »
Maybe you need to run the program with admin rights?

Anyways here a template for importing your Soldat key.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Soldat]
"Key"="place your key here"

To import that file: Edit the key and save the file as "key.reg" then double click it.

EDIT: changed reg.key into key.reg
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 02:49:47 pm by Shoozza »
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 04:43:38 am »
Maybe you need to run the program with admin rights?

Anyways here a template for importing your Soldat key.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Soldat]
"Key"="place your key here"

To import that file: Edit the key and save the file as "reg.key" then double click it.

Side note: Shoozza failed. It should be "*.reg" not other way around. Reg is extension.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline petrCZE

• Major(1)
Re: How to register Soldat in Windows XP ?
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 03:56:13 am »
pomocc

Offline KoGAi

• Major(1)
  • The Light of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 08:46:58 pm »
Hey guys, sorry for resurrecting this ancient thread but I got a new computer a few months ago and I am using my original Soldat key .reg file to no avail, it just won't register my client.
I checked the registry and I can definitely see the entry on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Soldat path. I tried running Soldat as administrator but it still won't show up as registered. Is there anything else that I should try to do? Or perhaps there's another registry path location I should be setting the key on? Thanks in advance!
=₳US7RAL|¹² is a growing Soldat Community making a difference by offering a wide variety of top-notch servers across North America- a new alternative to everyone.
Jump into our servers in NA with the new domain (austral12.com)! Check our Facebook Page.
_______
#austral12soldat @ QuakeNet ▲ facebook.com/AUS7RAL12 ▲ twitter.com/AUS7RAL12

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 03:28:04 am »
Send me you're reg in PM, here or on Discord. I'll check what could be wrong.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."