Author Topic: Card games  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Card games
« on: August 08, 2011, 03:21:47 pm »
Hi, lately I've been playing this and it reminded me when I played Yu-Gi-Oh the game back few years ago.

So here's my question, do you happen to know any cool games like the above? I'd like to play it with my friend over the net. SF please help. :)
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
Re: Card games
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 04:07:39 pm »
Perhaps Alteil?
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 04:16:49 pm »
Good call. I'll give it a try later. And what about separate games - not browser based?
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 04:29:56 pm »
Playing "War" with cards with naked chicks on them instead of the usual king empire whatevas
There are other worlds than these

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 04:45:48 pm »
Perhaps the only collectible card game worth playing:

www.magicthegathering.com

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 04:48:39 pm »
jrgp, I don't want to question your intelligence so I won't comment this. You've clearly missed the point.

Smegma, is it _free_?

EDIT: jrgp, you could hop on IRC. :P
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:18:54 pm by Wookash »

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 07:03:11 pm »
No, not free.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 06:16:39 pm »
Yeah smegma got it, magic the gathering is probably the only game that doesn't have a cheesy show behind it.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 03:15:43 am »
That means I should get this game? I'm afraid that it will be bottomless pit for my money...I just want to have game that is ready to play once you download it/buy it. Without tons DLCs and extensions for which you have to pay as well.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:17:22 am by Wookash »

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 03:38:15 am »
Alternatively, and by alternatively, I mean to stress that in a slightly negative manner, you could play Yu-Gi-Oh! on the Dueling Network for free.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 07:59:44 am »
http://www.battleforge.com/en/home/landingpage.bfg - it's not free, but it's quite good...

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 09:03:50 pm »
That means I should get this game? I'm afraid that it will be bottomless pit for my money...I just want to have game that is ready to play once you download it/buy it. Without tons DLCs and extensions for which you have to pay as well.

Whats great about magic is that you can actually play it in real life. There's a large community with tournaments/money prizes and lots of people to meet. You can play it online too. Note that the online game is basically the real life, in an economic sense, you have to buy individual cards/packs.

If/When you get good you can go "infinite" as they say where you dont pay anything and can sometimes make profit. I have friends and know many others who magic is their only source of income atm and travel the globe or at the very least, the US.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 11:19:16 pm »
I'm afraid that it will be bottomless pit for my money...

Welcome to the wonderful world of trading card games.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 02:08:29 am »
magic is expensive to play casually but really fun.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 08:03:22 am »
depends, if you want to play casually with expensive cards than, yes. I draft maybe once/twice a week (only format I play) Usually it would cost 15 bucks, but with prize support, I haven't paid in months.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 09:41:49 pm »
depends, if you want to play casually with expensive cards than, yes. I draft maybe once/twice a week (only format I play) Usually it would cost 15 bucks, but with prize support, I haven't paid in months.
Have you been drafting M12? I've only been doing well with blue/white fliers and only because I have a penchant for opening Gideons
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 11:20:10 pm »
Have you been drafting M12? I've only been doing well with blue/white fliers and only because I have a penchant for opening Gideons

Considering that Gideon is probably one of the best cards in the format, yup, I'd go white. Red/Blue are my favorite main colors in this set, but since its a core set its quite easy to get by just sticking to good value. To be fair though, bloodthirst does make it very different from M11 which was decent draft set in its own right (for a core set).

Offline panda_bear_smoking

• Major(1)
  • I'm thrilled to have made you cum -jrgp-
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 01:27:23 am »
shanalander  is a pc version of MTG very fun       lol ive been playing magic since i was a kid  my dad one of the OG D&D people taded in all his D&D shit when magic first came out and got as much as it as he could. i got the bannned un-holy stregths with the pentagrams i got cards from the first print run with out dates and trade marks  the prototypes  lol i hate the new cards there just like yu gi oh. its kinda funny though the news cards are over powered but the nubs cant make a good 1 turn kill deck lol nubs, i live in kenosha wisconsin btw close to the start of it all 
°~°Discussion or mention of the anime/manga cartoon series, comics, books or anything at all related to Naruto, or further relating it in anyway with our admin Chakra is forbidden. On here or on soldat-related IRC channels.  in game name jebushunter 9yrs