Author Topic: Soldat 1.6.0 Release Candidate  (Read 55634 times)

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
Re: Soldat 1.6.0 Release Candidate
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 02:27:39 am »
In comparison between 1.1.5 and 1.5/1.6, damn, I can feel the game being too heavy and I don't know why. It's like had 400 fps and the game behaves as 40/50 fps, I can't run too fast and every movement are compromised. Vsync off, PC/game configs ok...
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline ramirez

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 03:05:13 am »
In comparison between 1.1.5 and 1.5/1.6, damn, I can feel the game being too heavy and I don't know why. It's like had 400 fps and the game behaves as 40/50 fps, I can't run too fast and every movement are compromised. Vsync off, PC/game configs ok...
My personal suspicion is that the reason why Soldat works worse on some modern PCs as it did few years ago is because it still uses DX8, and drivers gradually support it less and less. I even read once somewhere that some features of DX8 are actually emulated by some drivers, instead of being handled in the hardware. I hope we get to migrating the game to DX9 sometime, as I think it's pointless to support anything older than that.

Offline Tinysmurf

• Major
  • R7.
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 03:09:48 am »
Any new Weapon mods for 1.6? Or in the process?

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 03:32:42 am »
daaangggg, this resolution update is really cool :D, you can see the whole fucking map now XD.

though, the fps limiter or the fps counter is kinda fucked up... when I limit my fps to 60 without vsync it says I have 57-59fps, with vsync it's 55-56fps...

Offline ramirez

• Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2011, 03:40:52 am »
There's no reason to keep FPS limiter enabled if you have vsync on, only use one at a time; not both.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 03:45:08 am »
There's no reason to keep FPS limiter enabled if you have vsync on, only use one at a time; not both.
ah right. but it's still faulty when I don't have vsync on.... does it have something to do with "high resolution timer"?
What is high resolution timer to begin with? doesn't have a discription in the config.exe

Offline ramirez

• Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 03:47:15 am »
ah right. but it's still faulty when I don't have vsync on.... does it have something to do with "high resolution timer"?
What is high resolution timer to begin with? doesn't have a discription in the config.exe
It just makes the FPS measurement more accurate, so you should have it enabled. However even with it enabled, it doesn't limit it 100% correctly (if I limit to 60 FPS, I get 57-58 with FPS limit on). We'll look into that. But vsync is the better alternative anyway, if you get high enough framerates to run it at constant 60 FPS with vsync on. :)

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 04:03:55 am »
Fixed mouse buttons getting "stuck"

The bug caused by a higher mouse hertz(or DPI? I don't remember) is fixed?
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2011, 04:05:42 am »
My suggestion/complaints:
Code: [Select]
- Bots: Not that I really play versus bots, but I never got why sometimes they just jump in place or when they have the flag @ CTF they aren't attempting to kill you unless you have the flag. also barely throwing nades.
- Idea: maybe make both 'Flag Throw' options available, between the two keys version like in 1.5.0 (W and S quickly) to the one 'G' button now.
- "Added bounce sound for bouncy polygons", no way to 100% get rid of those bouncy polys, huh?
- "Added weapon statistics for all weapons" wondered... where?
- When you taunt with "ALT+X" or "ALT+F", it actually does the action that the key does without the ALT. shouldn't be this way imho.
- Something that isn't really important, but would be neat: enable /victory and saying a real taunt in the real time. let's say I wanna write "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" and do /victory in the same time. Pretty stupid, but I'd like it. xdd

- Modified bouncy polygons don't hurt players in realistic mode - YOU WROTE IT TWICE. :p

Great stuff overall btw.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:17:15 am by nosejj »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 04:25:03 am »
"- "Added bounce sound for bouncy polygons", no way to 100% get rid of those bouncy polys, huh?"
Lol @ you. :D

Bouncy polygons were removed (the one caused by overlapping polygons) and new type was added which is real bouncy poly.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Rotem

• Major
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 04:26:17 am »
i have a problem with the mod starter: i cant run mods. when i click run soldat modded the window just disappears and nothing happens

i have a problem with the mod starter: i cant run mods. when i click run soldat modded the window just disappears and nothing happens

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 04:37:49 am »
the weapons.ini says "// Changes from 1.5 -> 1.5.1" instead of "// Changes from 1.5 -> 1.6"

Offline ramirez

• Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 04:46:24 am »
Fixed mouse buttons getting "stuck"

The bug caused by a higher mouse hertz(or DPI? I don't remember) is fixed?
Yes, it should work now. It also occurred with lower polling rate, but not as often.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 05:27:53 am »
Someone in Germany needs to send Mr. Shoozza a beer sampler and at least one hooker.

Great job, man. Can't wait to get home and download it. :)
There are other worlds than these

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 06:29:42 am »
How we use hardware id for temp or permanent bans ?

Offline Rayben

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 06:51:30 am »
Ok so Its a fresh install, not patched.
I added Cell shaded mod, so could that be the problem? 
DL link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/cel-shaded-soldat-mod/downloads/cell-shaded-soldat-mod-v30

Ok so the texture problem occured 5-8seconds after I joined Blade/IceBeam. I get kicked with reason "Wrong map version", afterwards it updates itself and when i rejoin this happens:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/screenshot11081206.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/screenshot11081208.png/

From another player:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/asdasdcur.png/

when i try to use F taunt throws my wep sometimes and i get pissed off
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:45:26 am by Rayben »

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 07:47:26 am »
I use the cell shaded mod without problem :o, so it can't be because of it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:51:07 am by ginn »

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 07:55:30 am »
It isnt a mod/game side problem. It looks like you are missing the scenery-gfx'es used on those maps.
Try redownloading/reinstalling the map/game. It should fix it.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 08:11:58 am »

640x480 vs. 1280x800

That's quite the vision advantage for widescreen users. :|

Still can't run mods using the mod starter, as someone mentioned above, it just closes. Also, attempting to close the mod starter without first highlighting a mod from the list gives me the error "List index out of bounds (-1)". Happens both when I try to exit, and when I run Soldat with "Close after launch" selected.

Fixed "is not a valid integer" error when starting Soldat

This appears to have fixed the problem I was having with using -mod and -demo parameters simultaneously, which is awesome for my mIRC script. ;D

Offline ramirez

• Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2011, 08:28:50 am »
That's quite the vision advantage for widescreen users. :|
You can use widescreen resolution on 4:3 monitor. It just adds black bars to top and bottom. It makes more sense to do this than to add black bars for widescreen users, since widescreens have been more popular for years now. So it's up to you whether to play with your native resolution and see a bit less (and no, it's not a huge advantage), or play with widescreen resolution and have black bars on top and bottom.