Poll

How do you want the scoreboard to be sorted

Like 1.6RC
Like 1.5
Like 1.3.1 + cap counter
Whatever, just show me the results.

Author Topic: Scoreboard sorting  (Read 8758 times)

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
Re: Scoreboard sorting
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 05:59:28 am »
OldScoreBoard enabled in soldat.ini should bring back old sorting method too... And check the poll devs
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:02:00 am by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 01:39:10 pm »
OldScoreBoard enabled in soldat.ini should bring back old sorting method too... And check the poll devs
Sorting and visual appearance are entirely different things, so that won't fix the problem. :/

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 03:41:58 pm »
after playing 1.6 for some time already i have to say the old sorting was better, just made more sense to me. Even though it's sorted by caps i still sort it by kills in my mind.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 05:23:37 am »
after playing 1.6 for some time already i have to say the old sorting was better, just made more sense to me. Even though it's sorted by caps i still sort it by kills in my mind.
Now when i think about it, i have to agree with you... Kills show the best players - not caps... Someone had to protect EFC...

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 05:45:31 am »
Bring the old scoreboard and scoreboard sorting back asap !

Im chill like that

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 04:38:35 pm »
my opinion:

what the f**k people?

The scoreboard should remain like this forever because, the ctf gamemode's target is to make a team capture a flag and score it by bringing it back. That's the main point in CTF. The players who do achieve that deserve to get above the others who didn't do it. The 1.5.0 scoreboard is only good for a deathmatch - type of gamemode, not this.

don't be such statwhores with the kills and bring some contribution to the gamemode.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:40:10 pm by Mexer »
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 04:59:59 pm »
my opinion:

what the f**k people?

The scoreboard should remain like this forever because, the ctf gamemode's target is to make a team capture a flag and score it by bringing it back. That's the main point in CTF. The players who do achieve that deserve to get above the others who didn't do it. The 1.5.0 scoreboard is only good for a deathmatch - type of gamemode, not this.

don't be such statwhores with the kills and bring some contribution to the gamemode.
Have you even read any of the previous comments?

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 07:17:45 am »

no.
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 08:06:15 am »
no.
So you really should not talk about it...

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 08:59:44 am »

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 09:10:06 am »
Yes you should've read the previous comments 1st mexer, and if u didint please check the poll so u might catch up what people said

Im chill like that

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 09:30:40 am »
According to topic... That new scoreboard makes a lot of misunderstandings... I wish to see 1.5.0 sorting but of course F1 table shouldn't change...

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 02:53:24 pm »
There is allways a big difference between public games and competative games, and I think we should allways make changes based on the competative gameplay.
People who doesn't help their team, just to get the cap themselves, do happen, but not in the competative scene.

I think the new sorting is partly here because statswhores became too cocky when they were on top of the list, and it all felt like a DM in a ctf mode.

I agree that caps should count first, as in 1.6, but:
In the 1.6 versions, Alpha is allways on top of the list and Bravo allways on bottom due to the separation of the teams, I think this only makes it harder to understand.
I would suggest removing Alpha, Bravo, total kills/deaths and those ugly ass lines alltogether, and let all players be ranked in the same list.

I did it in xl just to show you:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 02:23:44 pm by homerofgods »

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 04:08:42 pm »
oldscoreboard=1....

and @mexer, try to play the game longer than an hour.

do you seriously think you can cap without a team supporting you? you're dependent on kills to be able to cap.
Sometimes the guy with the worst score can be the most deciding player of the match.
For example, if you just rush in, to tank damage and survive for as long as possible and draw their attention, while your teammates are killing, then you just barely get out to die, having your teammate score the flag.
That cap you got 0 kills and 0 caps, even though you might've been doing extremely well. Of course the other guys did their part of the job too, but they got credits for it.

My point still remains though... 1.3.1 sorting with flag counter~

Offline McWise

• Major
  • The HiHo is unleashed
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 06:27:10 pm »
Wtf - who cares?

I'd say, first make the game a finished game, then think about minor problems like this.

Best possibility would be, to give the player or the server, I don't know, the ability to decide himself how to sort the scoreboard, maybe even with more detailed options like, sort by teams yes/no, show time yes/no, etc.

But as I said, first concentrate on more important issues.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 06:51:54 pm »
There is allways a big difference between public games and competative games, and I think we should allways make changes based on the competative gameplay.
People who doesn't help their team, just to get the cap themselves, do happen, but not in the competative scene.

In competitive scene sorting by caps may be more important, but for one - most competitive CTF matches are only 3vs3 (correct me if I'm wrong), so it's extremely easy to see who has the most kills and caps. Secondly - competitive players aren't noobs, they better understand the importance of caps and kills, so they have a much better judgement of who deserves the most credit. Competitive players are often on a similar skill level, so even though some of them have more cap points than others - they all equally contribute to the final score.

In public servers you often have over 10 players on the server ranging from complete noobs and trolls to skilled veterans. Because of that there is much less teamwork, and therefore kills play a much more important role since whoever kills the most - defends the best, attacks the best and supports his team the best. Thats why that player should be the best on the scoreboard too. So in case of pubs sorting by kills would be more accurate.

To sum it up: I doubt it'll be a big difference for competitive players if scoreboard is sorted by caps or by kills, but in public games it makes a bigger difference.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 07:02:21 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 07:19:14 pm »
I prefer sorted by caps.

That way it doesn't turn into deathmatch.
And it doesn't encourage people to use tactics like camping, blocking, spawkilling.

These tactics slow the gameplay.
And I like fast paced action, with lots of running and rushing.  :)

Good concept. Simple and straight to the point.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 08:05:34 pm »
I prefer sorted by caps.

That way it doesn't turn into deathmatch.
And it doesn't encourage people to use tactics like camping, blocking, spawkilling.
Demos please, I've never seen a CTF game turn into a TDM (except in R/S). :/ People who want deathmatch usually play deathmatch, not capture the flag. But even those in CTF still contribute to the team's success whether they want it or not.

Camping - a legitimate strategy. A bad camper won't get neither kills nor caps, and a good camper will still contribute to the team, so his score would be well-deserved. Don't worry about the pace - it's rare to have even one such hardcore camper on a team.

Blocking - is more of a coincidence rather than intended "tactic", since it's very hard to be in the right place at the right time.

Spawnkilling - now that could be a problem, but a well-designed and balanced map somewhat solves this. Plus if anything - there's also votekick. I don't find spawnkilling alone to be good enough of a reason to not sort by kills.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 04:12:18 am »
In the 1.6 versions, Alpha is allways on top of the list and Bravo allways on bottom due to the separation of the teams, I think this only make it harder to understand.
I would suggest removing Alpha, Bravo, total kills/deaths and those ugly ass lines alltogether, and let all players be ranked in the same list.

this is what i want, also what poll says

Im chill like that

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2011, 04:40:03 am »
In the 1.6 versions, Alpha is allways on top of the list and Bravo allways on bottom due to the separation of the teams, I think this only make it harder to understand.

this is what i want, also what poll says

Open Soldat.ini, change "OldScoreBoard=0" into "OldScoreBoard=1" and stop whining ffs...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:43:56 am by SyavX »