Poll

How do you want the scoreboard to be sorted

Like 1.6RC
Like 1.5
Like 1.3.1 + cap counter
Whatever, just show me the results.

Author Topic: Scoreboard sorting  (Read 8759 times)

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
Re: Scoreboard sorting
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2011, 05:29:27 am »
dude please, i have that enabled since new version came out and its still sorted by caps so you arent much of a help though

Whats good is server name and info displayed in f1 menu, also fixed clock but team separation wasnt the best idea. Hopefully Shoozza checks this thread and sees the poll results so we can have old scoreboard sorting back ;
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:36:20 am by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 05:36:40 am »
Yeah, sorry, didn't see you've mentioned it above.
Then you should ask devs to fix sorting with OldScoreBoard option enabled and don't complain about new one.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2011, 12:32:53 pm »
In the 1.6 versions, Alpha is allways on top of the list and Bravo allways on bottom due to the separation of the teams, I think this only make it harder to understand.
I would suggest removing Alpha, Bravo, total kills/deaths and those ugly ass lines alltogether, and let all players be ranked in the same list.

this is what i want, also what poll says
No! That new F1 looked so beautiful... Don't change it :(

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2011, 03:39:09 pm »
I prefer sorted by caps.

That way it doesn't turn into deathmatch.
And it doesn't encourage people to use tactics like camping, blocking, spawkilling.
Demos please, I've never seen a CTF game turn into a TDM (except in R/S). :/ People who want deathmatch usually play deathmatch, not capture the flag.

What about the statwh**es , the large number of players that only play for kills. I know lots of players like this that wouldn't cap anything, only kill like in team deathmatch and spawnkill like hell.

And talking about that, tbh the new scoreboard really encouraged me to be more of a team player and contribute as much as I can so we/I can score. When the 1.5 scorboard was on, everyone I knew was fighting and bragging about kills, not caps.
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline Jerkington XIII

• Major
  • Yes we camp!
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2011, 04:40:59 pm »
What about the statwhores , the large number of players that only play for kills. I know lots of players like this that wouldn't cap anything, only kill like in team deathmatch and spawnkill like hell.
how's the sorting gonna change that? kills are kills even when they aren't pushing ya to the top of scoreboard.
When the 1.5 scorboard was on, everyone I knew was fighting and bragging about kills, not caps.
And they still do. At least, if "everyone you knew" didn't consist of you and your sister:
So far i haven't met a cunt (yes, cunt) who'd brag about f.e. 7 caps, 2 kills, and 41 deaths, when there's a guy with f.e. 68 kills, 5 deaths, and 0 caps. Yes, that was extreme, but wasn't that what you meant from the other wiew?

I think my opinion was clear. Wow, there's hate already, time to go for a nap. =O
From #soldat.devs:
<evhO> I think qb is trying to kill soldat

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2011, 10:28:28 pm »
What about the statwh**es , the large number of players that only play for kills. I know lots of players like this that wouldn't cap anything, only kill like in team deathmatch and spawnkill like hell.

And talking about that, tbh the new scoreboard really encouraged me to be more of a team player and contribute as much as I can so we/I can score. When the 1.5 scorboard was on, everyone I knew was fighting and bragging about kills, not caps.

A big +1

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 05:26:11 am »
If I ever made a game with a gamemode named capture the cat, I would obviously make a scoreboard that puts the players that scored the cat as much on the top , because that's the f***ng purpose of the gamemode, and the 2nd criteria will be the number of kills . Someone who will want to be on top gonna be that someone who does what he should do in this gamemode, and that's capture the cat. Even if you kill you scoring, killing still isn't the point of the capture the cat mode.

Also the scoreboard should be devided in two teams cause for the love of god, it's Capture the cat between two teams each having its own scorepoints. I just find it logic to divide the scoreboard into two teams; most multiplayer games have it like this and it's not that hard to see why..

...at least if you change the scoreboard to the old one please leave the name of the server n stuff visible on the top, like in the new version..
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2011, 06:15:56 am »
Isn't it better to have a non-teambased scoreboard?

To find the 'best' player in a in a clanwar you'd have to first look at the top red player, then the top blue player, then compare them to eachother before the endscreen dissapears.
I would rather just look at the top player on the list!

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2011, 08:12:11 am »

To find the 'best' player in a in a clanwar you'd have to first look at the top red player, then the top blue player, then compare them to eachother before the endscreen dissapears.

Then just make a server-side option to choose from the two types of scoreboards.

And dee-du-dee-d-dee-d that's all folks!

*dururum dum du du ruu rum!*

Offline Fujifabric

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • richter
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2011, 09:25:10 am »
I like the style of the new scoreboard but I do prefer it being sorted by kills... Since i'm used to see the kill gap at the bottom right on the screen and with the cap sorting method it gets a bit complicated to understand what's going on.

It could be team based and also easy to spot the best player if you had the scoreboard side by side
Code: [Select]

.------------------------------.
  |              Scoreboard              |
  +----+-----------------+-------+
  |  Alpha          |  Bravo             |
  |  Player1       |   Player1           |
  |  Player2       |   Player2           |
  |  Player3       |   Player3           |
  '-----+-----------------+-------'

But that would be yet another scoreboard modification.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2011, 05:13:48 pm »
If I ever made a game with a gamemode named capture the cat, I would obviously make a scoreboard that puts the players that scored the cat as much on the top , because that's the f***ng purpose of the gamemode, and the 2nd criteria will be the number of kills . Someone who will want to be on top gonna be that someone who does what he should do in this gamemode, and that's capture the cat. Even if you kill you scoring, killing still isn't the point of the capture the cat mode.
Again, like many others here, you refuse to see the idea of CTF through to its finer details..
It's true that CTF = Flags, but the equation doesn't end there.

CTF = Flags = Scoring = Teamwork

Scoring = (getting to enemy base + grabbing flag + bringing flag to base + defending your flag)
Getting to enemy base = attack
Grabbing enemy flag = attack + support
Bringing flag to base = defense + support
Defending your own flag = defense

Attack = kills
Defense = kills + camping
Support = kills + suppressive fire

What most modern games do now is they take into account ALL of those things and award you points for all of these: kills, assists, captures, defense, attack, healing/resupplying your teammates, etc. Since Soldat doesn't have that - players should be sorted by the one thing that the game itself (NOT gamemode) revolves around - and that is kills.
Flag captures in CTF - just like defense points in INF and HTF and team's kills in TDM - are team effort, and therefore it's not something an individual player should take credit for.

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2011, 07:15:42 am »
Then tell me, what's the purpose of all the killing you summed up in your equation ?
Yes, they all help you score the flag and protect your own...

It's like when you go in a mission to kill Bin Laden, they will never count the number of talibans you killed, they will only want you to eliminate the target regardless of the offensive/defensive tactics you use to kill the enemy or Laden himself.
If you die after that , your gravestone won't have the number of talibans you killed, but what you achieved; because that's the main purpose of your deployment.

Also, regarding modern games, they all have the scoreboard split into teams. I think they shouldn't change that.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2011, 12:10:26 am »
But have you ever heard anything like "John Johnson killed Bin Laden"? No, it's the "US forces killed Bin Laden", it's a team achievement. And I doubt any of them would brag about killing just one single person even if he was important. It wasn't the goal itself - it was the path to that goal that was the most challenging.

As for splitting scoreboard into teams - it's purely a matter of preference, so there's not really a good or a bad way of how to do it in other games.

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2011, 05:56:46 am »
And I doubt any of them would brag about killing just one single person even if he was important. It wasn't the goal itself - it was the path to that goal that was the most challenging.

Can't you imagine how big of a hero he is in their team now? It's like the goalie in football that makes his team win. Operation Neptune Spear led by Obama was about killing Bin Laden as the main target. Sure there are different paths you can follow each more or less difficult. But the paths all lead to a main purpose: killing Bin Laden.

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2011, 06:28:14 am »
While I understand both sides' arguments, I'm with Mexer. Capture The Flag is called Capture The Flag for a reason. Every gamemode involves killing; CTF should stand out because its objective is capping.

I guess that I think like that because I usually just rush for the flag and my K/D ratio oscillates around 0.2.

Offline NamelessWolf

• Soldier
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2011, 11:46:52 am »
Kills aren't the main objective in CTF or TW and I think the list should be based, as much as possible, on which player does the best for his team. Not who's the best camper. I can't imagine how anyone could want the scoreboard changed back to how it was, other than a camper wanting top place without really contributing as much to his team as his rushing teammates.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2011, 02:01:43 pm »
I'm getting pretty annoyed at you guys going "but we want the old score board sorting, where the teams were mixed". It's been said atleast 2 times already that you can change oldscoreboard=1.... and yet you keep going at it.... read the thread or don't post, scum bags.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2011, 02:07:28 pm »
its been said few times already that enabling this wont bring back old scoreboard sorting.

Im chill like that

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2011, 10:44:51 am »
its been said few times already that enabling this wont bring back old scoreboard sorting.
that's not what they're whining about.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2011, 10:53:17 am »
yes it is
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens