Poll

How do you want the scoreboard to be sorted

Like 1.6RC
Like 1.5
Like 1.3.1 + cap counter
Whatever, just show me the results.

Author Topic: Scoreboard sorting  (Read 8765 times)

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
Re: Scoreboard sorting
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2011, 12:29:42 pm »
its been said few times already that enabling this wont bring back old scoreboard sorting.
that's not what they're whining about.

check the topic name and first post before actually replying to a thread

Im chill like that

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2011, 02:28:07 pm »
its been said few times already that enabling this wont bring back old scoreboard sorting.
that's not what they're whining about.

check the topic name and first post before actually replying to a thread
I started the fucking topic.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2011, 05:18:53 am »
hah and it looks like you dont know what we've been talking about in this thread

edit: ok someone from dev team please check this topic so we can get an answer if the scoreboard sorting will be brought back like it was in 1.5 or what

edit2:@down oh u ;]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:28:02 am by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2011, 07:48:30 am »
hah and it looks like you dont know what we've been talking about in this thread

edit: ok someone from dev team please check this topic so we can get an answer if the scoreboard sorting will be brought back like it was in 1.5 or what

I hope they don't check this forum so they leave the scoreboard as it is  [retard]
/trollmode off
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2011, 01:29:17 pm »

edit2:@down oh u ;]
You seem to be pretty clueless. They're talking about seperating teams as being a huge issue, while it isn't. Anything that is irrelevant should stay out of the thread.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2011, 02:22:00 pm »
I hope they don't check this forum so they leave the scoreboard as it is  [retard]
/trollmode off
If they don't, Bone will talk them about it... I'm sure about it ;)

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2012, 08:22:21 am »
bump

hoping you could choose the sorting style you like the best or at least make the old scoreboard sort players by kills. the messiness has been bothering me since 1.6 came out.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2012, 12:51:05 pm »
Oh, the topic has been revealed again.

So, I still vote for old sorting by kills from 1.5 - less messy...

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2012, 05:54:46 pm »
Once again, I think sorting by kills makes more sense even in CTF, because there already is a cap counter at the bottom right and shows the entire team's effort, while individual players should be sorted by kills in the player scoreboard.

But seeing how some people still disagree with that, both kinds of sorting should be included as a customizable option (regardless if the scoreboard STYLE is set to "old" or "new"). But then the question is, which sorting option should be default? I vote for kills of course.

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2012, 03:02:23 am »
How about sorting by kills but divided by teams?
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2012, 05:34:39 am »
isnt there OldScoreboard option in soldat.ini, I think ive been using it this whole time cause my f1 menu is not separated by teams

Im chill like that

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2012, 05:49:21 am »
Some of us, including me, think that K:D is somewhat irrelevant in ctf because it's about caps. And we think that getting a good K:D doesn't necessarely help your team.
Example: 2 guys stay in base and defend while 1 is constantly rushing to get flag. The 2 guys will pick up a good K:D while the one rushing will die all the time, but will get the team some important caps.

Then again.. you can't win the match if you don't kill enemies, and it's not allways the guy who got the flag who does the cap. So I understand both viewpoints.

Ultimatly, it's more when and where you kill enemies that counts, and you shouldn't look so much at scoreboard at all.
Even though, low K:D and no caps can be an indication of someone not playing very well.

- I think the most imortant reason why it was changed to sort by caps was that there was too many statswhores in ctf that verbally made fun of anyone with a low K:D

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2012, 07:19:52 am »
- I think the most imortant reason why it was changed to sort by caps was that there was too many statswhores

Having spent countless of hours on public CTF servers playing 1.6.2, I can say this hasn't changed at all.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2012, 11:17:05 am »
Sorting by ratio! :D Then everybody has same chances... Even if someone joined when match was already finishing...

Anyway, I think those tables aren't making to me so big harm. But newbies may feel confused.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2012, 11:45:02 am »
- I think the most imortant reason why it was changed to sort by caps was that there was too many statswhores

Having spent countless of hours on public CTF servers playing 1.6.2, I can say this hasn't changed at all.

The point is that it would be even worse with the 1.5 scoreboard.

Now for my opinion on this matter:
1) Anything that can help diminish the amount of stats-whoring in CTF is good to take.
2) In CTF, the team with the most caps will win, not the one with the most kills or the best k/d.
Therefore it's nothing but logical that the scoreboard is sorted by caps.

=> I vote for the 1.6 scoreboard.