Author Topic: I'm missing something  (Read 4298 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
I'm missing something
« on: August 18, 2006, 04:06:00 pm »
what is it that makes ash a good map?

I hate everything about ash, the fact that the only way to win is to kill your apponent is to spawn the hell out of them while someone else gets the flag.

It doesnt even look good, its all boxy

I have played it with survival mode and it takes 3-4 seconds to get to the other base, EVERYTHING IS TOO CLOSE
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
Re: I'm missing something
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 04:09:54 pm »
Well, that may be the sole reason so many people like it and you hate it; the closeness and the constant chaos that ensuses.  I don't really play favorites with maps, but I have to say that ash isn't exactly one I like too well either.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 04:41:08 pm »
Play it on R/S mode, and you will appreciate it.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 04:45:41 pm »
Ash is fun when you are playing with friends who want to play it for fun.

But in most clan wars, it's horrible. It's not as bad as Voland but with all the spawn killing and spraying going on, it's just ugh... not that good.

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 05:14:55 pm »
Nuubia is even smaller, but then again, it's not as open, so spray doesn't matter much. I don't like Ash, but I don't hate it. It's like a "meh" map.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 05:47:52 pm »
It's actually pretty awesome for 2v2 battles and M79 wars.

But yeah, it sucks for everything else.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 07:06:43 pm »
Play it on R/S mode, and you will appreciate it.
I did, I didn't.

The problem is it is so close that even with survival on you can still be more than halfway to the other flag before anyone can even shoot, it was not fun, it was not even close to fun and I especially hate when this comes up on u13 which is mostly full all of the time, people start saying "Dud ply on rs ull lke ti!" whilst in a server with sixteen people spawncamping in a crowded base
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 10:11:41 pm »
I like it abit because it looks sorta like a cs-ish map, with proper jets, and put into soldat. Also camping is so fun on it.

Offline kingkitty

• Soldier
  • Yes!
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 10:14:45 pm »
I like Ash because it's such a close map. The action is faster.
I'm away.

Seancapsyourass

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 10:26:04 pm »
ash is fun because of all the nice trick shots that are possible to do with all those little openings and stuff...

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 10:28:10 pm »
I like Ash because it's such a close map. The action is faster.
Yeah but its harder cause since everything is smaller and faster.
Your enemy team can capture the flag 5 times in minutes. (If they're better than you :D)

Offline Bionic_Hand

• Major
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 11:16:19 pm »
I haven't played in so long, so I have no opinion of ASH, I can't even remember what it looks like. I'll have to go play it and see why you hate it so much. =P

B_H

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 03:36:08 am »
I actually like it. It's all about dodging that first wave of spray. Survive that, and it turns into a 1337 swat map :P
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 03:39:32 am »
I love it Kampf and ash are my fave deafault ctf maps, theres always 5 enemies on your screen at once, so much chaos :D
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline jap_man

• Major(1)
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2006, 04:34:53 am »
Ash is a great map, in my opinion is an original and very well made map. But I guess I do like quicker, choatic games better. But the moment I saw it for the first time, I absoloutely loved it.   

I love hardcore boys its too good to be true
One on one or the whole damn crew

Offline Darth

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 05:27:02 am »
Ash, it's quite a fun map for me actually. It is very "quick" and combat is happening all the time. I guess that is why I like it, it's chaos!

iTakeYourHamsters

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 07:07:44 am »
I'm not exactly a big fan of Ash. However, I've noticed that it gets more enjoyable when the numbers of teammates and enemies start dwindling...

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 08:36:21 am »
ash is fun because of all the nice trick shots that are possible to do with all those little openings and stuff...
... that are fired into people in their base.

spawned
I actually like it. It's all about dodging that first wave of spray. Survive that, and it turns into a 1337 swat map :P
I have killed off an entire team (of three) myself because my team was too stupid to do it themselves, they just got killed off by them, and I have to say i have never seen any 1337 swat stuff going on.

I love it Kampf and ash are my fave deafault ctf maps, theres always 5 enemies on your screen at once, so much chaos :D
Kampf is the same way as ash but less severe, you almost need to spawn to get your team in, and it is defiantly NOT one of the maps a large server should have, it would be like having 32 people in arena2. i would say the max for kampf is 6 any larger than 3 per team and it becomes a spawn competition

Another thing I can't really understand is why people say "owned" after every kill, they are taking away the sanctity of the word owned by using it like a common prostitute. I know most of the people who do that are immature and in some ways mentally handicapped, but most people have the sense to not do this, so instead they use the exact same taunt for every kill. I would only say owned if it is a very special moment and never to one kill (unless i am making fun of someone) but a group of kills, like a multi kill or something.

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 09:12:18 am »
I find 5 vs 5 or lower fine on kampf usually don't get much spawning on our team, maybe i'm just lucky ^^
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline {AFRO}BlackPowerFi

• Major
  • Theres an AFRO under that hat.
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 10:10:40 am »
Ash is a good map, if you die its your fault, plus you the same guy the other day that was complaining because you died a couple of times and blamed it on Lag in the Saw server. Pathetic
A.frican American
F.ighting for
R.acial free
O.nline play