Author Topic: I'm missing something  (Read 4297 times)

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
Re: I'm missing something
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2006, 10:15:06 am »
Ash is fun because it's nice and symetrical, it's simple, easy, and has several strategies that can be applied to it.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2006, 11:59:06 am »
Ash is a good map, if you die its your fault, plus you the same guy the other day that was complaining because you died a couple of times and blamed it on Lag in the Saw server. Pathetic
yeah and i left because of lag to, the hit detection was all fucked up. Do you know anything about hit detection and why it's a problem in saw servers?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2006, 12:00:33 pm »
Ash is good because there are no advantages of being on alpha or being on bravo.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2006, 12:02:02 pm »
Ash is good because there are no advantages of being on alpha or being on bravo.

Same with lots of maps
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2006, 04:22:38 pm »
I realize that, but the map in question is Ash. I agree that other maps are good for that same reason. But others aren't that great for the oppostie reason.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline John The Engineer

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2006, 11:42:05 pm »
I like it because of its constant chaos, similar to ctf_viet which is my favourite map.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 06:12:59 am »

Same with lots of maps
Actually you look at ash. Everything looks the same from Alpha and Bravo.
Not like some maps.

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 07:34:42 am »

Same with lots of maps
Actually you look at ash. Everything looks the same from Alpha and Bravo.
Not like some maps.

But there is alot like that, like Voland, Equinox,Maya2?
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 10:11:26 am »
I really like ctf_Ash.  If there is chaos, you're playing with too many people.  ctf_Ash is probably best for 8 players or less, because it is such a small map (the same applies to ctf_Nuubia, ctf_Dropdown, ctf_Snakebite, and ctf_Death).  If you want to play with more people, play on ctf_Equinox, ctf_Run, and ctf_B2b.

ctf_Ash is a great map because it's complex enough that there is strategy, yet open enough to have lots of action.  Some of the most intense games I've played have been on ctf_Ash.  If you don't like it, I think you're playing it under the wrong conditions.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 01:50:37 pm »
I really like ctf_Ash.  If there is chaos, you're playing with too many people.  ctf_Ash is probably best for 8 players or less, because it is such a small map (the same applies to ctf_Nuubia, ctf_Dropdown, ctf_Snakebite, and ctf_Death).  If you want to play with more people, play on ctf_Equinox, ctf_Run, and ctf_B2b.

ctf_Ash is a great map because it's complex enough that there is strategy, yet open enough to have lots of action.  Some of the most intense games I've played have been on ctf_Ash.  If you don't like it, I think you're playing it under the wrong conditions.
8 players???? that is too much

i have played with 6 players and it was just three people spawning three other people even if you killed one of them it didn't matter because two could do the job until he spawned again.

and having one feature that most other maps have does not make up for it's flaws.

I hate it especially on u13 because we have like 16 people on such a small map AND NOBODY VOTES FOR A NEW MAP

I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan