Author Topic: The forum is dying...  (Read 7453 times)

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
The forum is dying...
« on: August 31, 2011, 08:34:10 am »
As you all have notice, this forum members morale is falling...
Shouldn't we do something about it?

What about the new members/visitors that come to visit the forums? What they find on this forums except rage and hate?
The bashpit totaly screwed up everything good that has remained on this forums..

I just think that we should do something about it, like bringing more sense to our posts, not to troll or hate.. stuff like that...

I think that we should start some crusade campain on this forums and bring sense to this place ones more...

Just this week, the only useful topic was made by shoozza and nothing more.

Now you should ask yourselfs, why the f**k does this place sucks so much...
I'm just comming with a suggestion/advice to this forums...

Also this reminds me of something, of when I found out about this forum...
I was a stupid kid back then and I searched for soldat hacks on google, and I found this forums! lol (and yes I found some hacks in here)
I wasn't looking for trolls or f@ggots. Do you see the difference??!?!? :D
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

DarkCrusade

Re: The forum is dying...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 08:45:02 am »
This forum will be active enough as long as we have interesting people (and trolls of course, because their absence firmly shows how boring that forum is) like Mangled or Espadon. Interesting people are like magnets. They post somewhere and you read what they wrote, because you know it'll be funny and in return add something to the thread yourself. If you wanna do something, check in every day/hour/minute and be interesting enough for others to post as well.

Btw: Why the hell are you warned if you are all grown up? Juss sayin'

And what the hell do you mean by "crusade campain"?

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 08:51:40 am »
Btw: Why the hell are you warned if you are all grown up? Juss sayin'
Because I called jrgp a retarded jobless lifeless 15yo gay or something like that, I don't really remember lol but I'm sure that I'm right...
And what the hell do you mean by "crusade campain"?
That we should make a group of brave knight forumers which will threaten and ban the filth that brings this forum down...

Now I know that there are interesting posters, trollin' or just writing something fun... But there are just not enough.
And even if they succeed in making a great topic, the other posters can be just lame...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:54:06 am by pavliko »

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 08:55:38 am »
But we are so few that none should be banned.

Yes all the morale is gone. Only reason why I still check these forums are Soldat updates and three word story.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 09:25:12 am »
An idea!
What about if we make the Bashpit posts not to be seen in the Recent Posts which is on the front page?

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 09:45:34 am »
These days I usually spend 30 minutes thinking of a mildly intelligent post and typing it out before deleting it and closing the window but I will try something different this time.

The future of Soldat and SF is outside these forums. A lot of us here are getting old and getting bored; no new version will ever bring us back. If you want to turn back the dial and return SF to its original spirit, you need newbies to make the threads we already made, and to make the mistakes we've already made.

I also think some of us have taken the forums too personally. We think of SF as our home, and the people here around us a sort of family. That's a problem, because the Official Soldat Forums are about Soldat, not about jrgp&Co. Personalizing the forum makes it hard to accept new members as well. If you like a certain set of people, make a new forum with them instead of ganging up for bans on "your" Soldatforums.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 12:20:30 pm »
Only reason why I still check these forums are Soldat updates.
Same here.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 02:25:51 pm »
These days I usually spend 30 minutes thinking of a mildly intelligent post and typing it out before deleting it and closing the window but I will try something different this time.

The future of Soldat and SF is outside these forums. A lot of us here are getting old and getting bored; no new version will ever bring us back. If you want to turn back the dial and return SF to its original spirit, you need newbies to make the threads we already made, and to make the mistakes we've already made.

I also think some of us have taken the forums too personally. We think of SF as our home, and the people here around us a sort of family. That's a problem, because the Official Soldat Forums are about Soldat, not about jrgp&Co. Personalizing the forum makes it hard to accept new members as well. If you like a certain set of people, make a new forum with them instead of ganging up for bans on "your" Soldatforums.
That's what I don't understand: if people get bored of the forums - why do they keep coming back and spam? Makes me wonder who's more pathetic - those who keep "personalizing", or those who do nothing but troll, bash and talk about religion non-stop. If you guys are bored with the forums - don't visit them. If you have nothing useful or interesting to post - don't post. Stop wasting your time and go do something productive (but I guess that's too much to ask).

P.S. IMHO an inactive forum is more appealing than inactive forum covered in troll shit.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 03:42:32 pm »
Because I called jrgp a retarded jobless lifeless 15yo gay or something like that, I don't really remember lol but I'm sure that I'm right...

I'm 18, I have a part time job that's in my career field and I go to uni. You're a f**king idiot and I don't know why I even stand up for myself to losers like you anymore. Go eat a dick.
There are other worlds than these

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 03:55:00 pm »
haha rage :D

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 04:06:32 pm »

...and you're the one complaining about forum's quality?
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 05:30:08 pm »
pavliko just get banned already

anyway I'm a healthy 17 year old who will stay with the soldat forum for a long time.  Newbies won't come and say because we have already thought of pretty much every topic there is to talk about.

Unless you want to change the soldat forums into a social media site or something like 4chan then no one is going to come and stay.

We have reached our limit.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 05:51:32 pm »

You were a dumb troll back then? How do you define your current state of maturity?

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 06:13:23 pm »
if my The Lounge posts and opened threads were counted, my post count would probably be around 500+.
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 07:55:58 pm »
if my The Lounge posts and opened threads were counted, my post count would probably be around 500+.

If my post count was decreased by 1 for every post in the Lounge, I would probably have the same score.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 08:17:24 pm »

Pfft, yeah right as if.

In your profile it shows you have 12 pages of post, each page with 20 post.

In total you have approx. 240 posts. To be accurate, you have 232 posts.

If lounge posts were counted I would have 2621 posts, but to be fair most of it is bull crap from my past.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:19:08 pm by ds dude »
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 03:34:00 pm »

Pfft, yeah right as if.

In your profile it shows you have 12 pages of post, each page with 20 post.

In total you have approx. 240 posts. To be accurate, you have 232 posts.

If lounge posts were counted I would have 2621 posts, but to be fair most of it is bull crap from my past.

you actually took your time to do that for me :(
/hatsoff
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 04:46:14 pm »
Personalizing the forum makes it hard to accept new members as well.
As a newbie of the forums I feel this a lot. I don't take it hard though... I like it. I want to be part of the SF family ;). And I was working hard at it but my projects were ignored.
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 09:18:12 pm »
I'd have 1163 1164 posts but thas besides the point.

Why don't we just hide the bash pit from non members? Like an internal board. The only way this forum will come back to life is if the game does. Its being updated, but it is 'dated'. Why not provide the address of SF at the profile screen telling people that this is the official place for Soldat news or something?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 02:14:19 am »
If you think it scares them off, they would just leave after registering then, right?

Derp.