Author Topic: The forum is dying...  (Read 7457 times)

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
Re: The forum is dying...
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 09:08:15 am »
If you think it scares them off, they would just leave after registering then, right?

Derp.
Maybe if they saw what the rest of the forum was like 1st, then when registered they see the bash pit they would realise it doesn't represent the forum as a whole. So, what have you come up with besides 'more interesting people'?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 11:49:39 am »
I don't see any reason to change anything. The only way to get more action into the forum is improving Soldat, and that is up to the devs. After all, this is a forum people join, because they play Soldat. No new players, no new forumers. It's not vice-versa so don't even bother.

Offline santa22

• Major(1)
  • Astronaut II, Astro Bot
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 05:41:01 pm »
yea the only reason i got on the forums today was to check for updates and update my comic... which isnt as popular as it used to be.

So boring.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 06:21:39 pm »
I guess it gets less interesting the better your grammar gets

*cough*

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 04:12:01 am »
haha rage :D
haha rage :D

...and you're the one complaining about forum's quality?

I just, had to giggle

we have already thought of pretty much every topic there is to talk about.

Holy s**t, where?

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2011, 12:54:42 pm »
we have already thought of pretty much every topic there is to talk about.

I think I've got one we haven't talked about ^^

Offline 1221995

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 02:34:33 pm »
It just might be too late

Offline asdf

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 02:43:25 pm »
with a new soldat version, im pertty sure a lot of people are coming back t soldat! i told all my friends to play soldat and their like hooked.... my friends wont even come to water polo practice cuz of soldat -___- which reminds me.... we lost yesterday.

Offline panda_bear_smoking

• Major(1)
  • I'm thrilled to have made you cum -jrgp-
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 04:49:38 am »
with a new soldat version, im pertty sure a lot of people are coming back t soldat! i told all my friends to play soldat and their like hooked.... my friends wont even come to water polo practice cuz of soldat -___- which reminds me.... we lost yesterday.
Thats how we win the war, thank you for doing your part. Every person I know, knows my love for soldat . I do my part ill take non under my wing and play hour s with them not making them run in fear but letting them have fun and even teach them to play might even tell the secret of soldat.
Soldat has not failed you ,we failed soldat
°~°Discussion or mention of the anime/manga cartoon series, comics, books or anything at all related to Naruto, or further relating it in anyway with our admin Chakra is forbidden. On here or on soldat-related IRC channels.  in game name jebushunter 9yrs

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 11:11:00 pm »
So the forum is dying, it provided us with many, many fun times. Let us reminisce:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=16508.msg190242#msg190242

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=26182.msg308122#msg308122
And it's friend http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=32185.msg381527#msg381527
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=18385.0 This freaking thread, I don't even wanna read it. I probably said the stupidest, stupidest things.
And that is all I can remember off the top of my head. Your turn?
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 11:12:57 pm »
You forgot the airplane-conveyor belt question thread.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 11:16:37 pm »
^ I forgot about that one. That was bad. A few more I just remembered.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=33926.0 This blew my young mind.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=14212.msg160230#msg160230 My friend still cries himself to sleep, I think

*Edit*
And you guys brought back karma? Interesting choice, I guess.  [pigtail] Also, why did you keep this smiley. It haunts my dreams to this day.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline swebonny

• Camper
  • BUahh...
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2011, 04:07:57 pm »
This day would come sooner or later. I'm still checking this forum just because of  the great memories I had. I loved this forum when I was a kid.

Offline 100% not captain ben

• Major(1)
  • forum fuhrer
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2011, 02:04:05 am »
Soldat is as stagnant as fuck. Sure people still play it and pay for it but it is nowhere near as popular as it used to be say.... 4 or 5 years ago.

Every time a new version comes out, a little bit of stuff gets fixed and a ton more gets fucked up... like when the back flip was added. That was pretty cool, but MM fucked with the guns so bad it was unplayable.
Take a look in the game suggestion/improvement rule thread- 99% of cool suggestions have been cast aside because boo hoo it's too hard to go back to change things. MM is skilled enough to give his fans what they want- new game modes, vehicles, environmental damage but he never does. Don't get me wrong, he's done some amazing shit that made the game interesting, such as making that doohickey that downloads maps into your library that you haven't played yet.
There's only so much anyone can play of the same game despite the various updates that do little except tweak the guns.
Soldat comes from a time where computers were shit but could handle a simple 2d game and that's what made it gold. Now that the average computer can handle shit like crysis, of course people are going to be drawn to the flashier games with nice graphics [especially when so many are free].

All of these are reasons why the forums are 'dying'. There are still a ton of people here from when I used to post back in the day but other than that there isn't alot of new blood.
Soldat needs to massively change and become relevant again or else this place is going to get worse. Seriously, you guys brought back the bash pit? You must really be desperate.

8===D

Offline Mitak

• Camper
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2011, 11:01:23 am »
Seriously, you guys brought back the bash pit? You must really be desperate.

It is the sign of a deathbed wheeze, the last squeeze of revitalization that drains the body of its last drop of life. Look at forum stats. Fo' real...

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2011, 03:29:22 pm »
Seriously, you guys brought back the bash pit? You must really be desperate.

Not desperate; I was just curious to see how much attention it'd get.
There are other worlds than these

• Major(1)
  • forum fuhrer
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2011, 12:11:31 am »
too little too late... i remember requesting all of this shit millions of years ago. karma's back, the bash pit is back, so when are you going to make me a mod because that was my third request

8===D

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2011, 12:41:38 am »
too little too late... i remember requesting all of this shit millions of years ago. karma's back, the bash pit is back, so when are you going to make me a mod because that was my third request

I tell you what. Would you like to be a mod of the bashpit?

• Major(1)
  • forum fuhrer
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2011, 02:05:56 am »
YES

8===D

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2011, 02:32:21 am »
YES

k...just be aware that myself and other members of the staff revoke the right to take away your limited mod powers whenever. We'll give you prior notice and an explanation however.