Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6 RELEASED!  (Read 72464 times)

Offline KEEN

• Major
  • soldat champagne
    • Soldat Argentina
Re: SOLDAT 1.6 RELEASED!
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 02:36:42 pm »

Offline 12th_account

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 02:38:59 pm »

Offline Nequil

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 02:47:25 pm »
thanks dev team!

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 03:47:36 pm »
Good job guys, and thanks for fixing the 'not being able to play on fullscreen mode' bug so fast reko! waiting for the hotfix :)

Im chill like that

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 03:59:15 pm »
Good job guys, happy to see some serious progress over the last month with this dev team. 2 release candidates and a release in the same month is pretty impressive considering what most of us are used to.

Hopefully more of the same to come.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline Taxi

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2011, 04:07:26 pm »
I make Poop's words mines too. GJ :D
[S][K]Taxi

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2011, 04:43:46 pm »
Good job guys, happy to see some serious progress over the last month with this dev team. 2 release candidates and a release in the same month is pretty impressive considering what most of us are used to.

Hopefully more of the same to come.

Offline Kaze

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
  • Arc-En-CieL
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2011, 04:57:39 pm »
Great release , we were so waiting for this , congratz to the dev team .

but i have one really big problem , my fps which used to be around 64 moved up to 100 and is really unstable and yes i tried disabling FPS limit and high resolution timer , any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline ramirez

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 04:58:18 pm »
Try enabling vsync.

Offline Throwback

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2011, 05:11:07 pm »
Good job, but now Soldat won't work for me. I'm getting the Direct X error with Vista. I've ran Soldat as the administrator, checked the bit rates, and it's in compatibility mode. I'm lost.

Offline ramirez

• Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 05:13:34 pm »
It's a bug that somehow creeped into the final release. ;) We've already fixed and will be releasing a hotfix later (we still want to see if there are other bugs so we can fix them for the same hotfix too). For now you can do this to fix it:

1) Use another resolution than 640x480 (if you're registered)
2) Play in windowed instead (you can set the window scale to 100%, and it'll fill your screen)

EDIT. Actually I figured a way to actually play at 640x480. Open config.exe and choose custom resolution and use 639x480 as the resolution. It should work. Note that whenever you open config.exe again, you need to change it to 639x480 again due to a bug in config.exe (that'll also be fixed in the hotfix release).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:25:21 pm by ramirez »

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2011, 05:50:30 pm »
The download URLs were broken for a few hours and are all working now.  Please  please please report any server or site issues in the 'Server issue' thread or PM me and jrgp so that they do not last that long.

Please use the official download URLs only so that we can see how many downloads there are, but also for your own safety.  In the past there have been 3rd party mirrors of the game which included viruses or were outdated.

Be sure to download only from the main site, or sites which link to a download URL from *.thd.vg or *.soldat.pl.

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2011, 06:10:59 pm »
I updated the mirrors.
You can also download from ramirez's servers now ;)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2011, 06:20:15 pm »
i love you guys.

Offline blake

• Major(1)
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2011, 06:33:22 pm »
Problem with the flags in Scorpion.

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2011, 07:05:05 pm »
Hooray!! Any chance registrations will be on sale? That would be a good right about now.

I really don't want to post this... but I get that damn error "Could not initialize directx graphics" It seems, in all of the threads I've seen that the problem never gets solved =(. I can get Soldat to work in windowed mode but I want to play in full screen especially when I reg and get all those nice resolutions =). Besides windowed is too small for me and resizing it looks really bad. I have checked for directx; I have 11, rebooted, checked for video card updates, Soldat is running in XP compatibility mode, running video compatibility mode (in config).

EDIT: oops didn't see above posts...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:46:59 pm by vehicledestroyer »
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2011, 07:48:05 pm »
Hooray!! Any chance registrations will be on sale? That would be a good right about now.

I really don't want to post this... but I get that damn error "Could not initialize directx graphics" It seems, in all of the threads I've seen that the problem never gets solved =(. I can get Soldat to work in windowed mode but I want to play in full screen especially when I reg and get all those nice resolutions =). Besides windowed is too small for me and resizing it looks really bad. I have checked for directx; I have 11, rebooted, checked for video card updates, Soldat is running in XP compatibility mode, running video compatibility mode (in config).
Try changing Soldat to use 639x480 custom resolution in Config.exe

But note that whenever you open Config.exe you have to input the values again.
This bug is already fixed and a hotfix will be released later alongside with other bug fixes.

EDIT:  @Fryer: haha first :D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 07:59:08 pm by Shoozza »
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2011, 07:49:32 pm »
Problem with the flags in Scorpion.
They are supposed to fall. It's part of the idea.

As already mentioned, it's a bug that will be fixed with the next hotfix. Try setting the resolution to 639x480 if you want to play in windowed mode. EDIT: Sneaky Shoozza... :P
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2011, 08:59:38 pm »
Yay, I need to congratulate too.
So...congratulations! Good job, guys! :)
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Throwback

• Major(1)
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2011, 10:16:21 pm »
Good shit guys!