Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6 RELEASED!  (Read 72549 times)

Offline Ichiro

• Major(1)
Re: SOLDAT 1.6 RELEASED!
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2011, 06:08:22 am »
Oh God, why i should register again, if i registered my old 1.5? WHY again i should have to pay? stupid..i cant change resolution when im not registered..  :( and 12 Euro? That isnt seriously  ::)

Maaaybe because you didn't pay for it, instead just googled a free reg? Hope you can prove me wrong, else you're a complete douche, out in the open.
Soldat Domination Promotional Video - http://vimeo.com/26247936
Try our gather at #gather.eu @ quakenet.org

Offline f41l

• Major(1)
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2011, 07:07:20 am »
Personally, I dont find this game is worth paying for.

I am terribly disappointed with this version - not only with the fact that fullscreen mode doesnt work for me, but generally with changes themselves. Embedded anticheat support s fine, but the rest is minor changes. Authors prefer to add new types of polygons, ways of dying, blood splashing effects - instead of focusing on general things!

The major problems of this game are:

• 'fake hits' ingame, which will remain as long as a proper synchro mechanism is implemented
  • lack of account personalisation - players bound to their dynamic IPs instead of personal accounts
  • ingame chat - this is the only game I know where I m not able to mute/ignore players I want!
  • ingame thingies - it s still possible to get oneself into/through texture...

Dear developers, I want this game to be The Game, not an everlasting evolving student project.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 07:09:43 am by f41l »

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2011, 07:15:50 am »

I am terribly disappointed with this version - not only with the fact that fullscreen mode doesnt work for me, but generally with changes themselves. Embedded anticheat support s fine, but the rest is minor changes. Authors prefer to add new types of polygons, ways of dying, blood splashing effects - instead of focusing on general things!

• 'fake hits' ingame, which will remain as long as a proper synchro mechanism is implemented
  • lack of account personalisation - players bound to their dynamic IPs instead of personal accounts
  • ingame chat - this is the only game I know where I m not able to mute/ignore players I want!

Dear developers, I want this game to be The Game, not an everlasting evolving student project.

I don't like you.
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline Xestor

• Major(1)
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2011, 07:22:26 am »
the question is why the h*ll i am not able to save the changes in config?
also, the game is not working for me, because i have black screen during intro and while joining to any server

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2011, 07:30:30 am »

they are now bound to their hardware ID's

you are able to mute/ignore players in chat, /mute ID as far as i remember
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Taxi

• Soldier
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2011, 08:12:53 am »
Bugs:

- Minimized chinese soldat: Image

- Change team bug: Demo
[S][K]Taxi

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2011, 08:41:29 am »

1. It takes awhile to clean stuff up, afaik next up they're gonna clean up the code at try to fix some of the server-client sync.
2. If there were personal accounts I would be very very very disappointed.
3. /mute
4. Fryer might fix the collision in the next release (I think), or maybe it was just something he really wanted to get fixed.

Offline Naughty Dog

• Major(1)
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2011, 09:27:46 am »
good work

along with the team bug and the chinese lang when minimized, i noticed that when i use the AltGr key for taunting it doesn't work occasionally... (left alt key works though) no idea why

also one question (dunno if it has been asked alrdy):
i always have to open up a video on youtube in order to get my video card to a higher gpu clock and stuff..
so if i just run soldat without doing that it is quite unplayable due to the low performance! any idea how to fix this in a more elegant way? (got an HD4850)

thanks

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2011, 09:50:28 am »
(...)
so if i just run soldat without doing that it is quite unplayable due to the low performance! any idea how to fix this in a more elegant way? (got an HD4850)
Open Config and enable VSYNC, FPS Limit(60) and High Resolution Timer options.

lack of account personalisation - players bound to their dynamic IPs instead of personal accounts
Players bound to hardware id, not just dynamic IPs.
Account system was implemented in beta, then removed. Its useless in Soldat.

ingame chat - this is the only game I know where I m not able to mute/ignore players I want!
Use /mute command.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:55:19 am by xmRipper »
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2011, 10:07:08 am »
lack of account personalisation - players bound to their dynamic IPs instead of personal accounts

It was called soldat portal and it failed hard

Im chill like that

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2011, 10:09:27 am »
it happens quite often for me that i´m being asked to chage team with no reason.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Vtg

• Major(1)
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2011, 10:23:29 am »

You are absolutely right and I was saying the same. Actually (thanks to Shoozza and maybe yet someone else) they changed their minds a bit and focused on bugs more. Of course, removing old bugs did not stop from adding new ones.

Oh God, why i should register again, if i registered my old 1.5? WHY again i should have to pay? stupid..i cant change resolution when im not registered..  :( and 12 Euro? That isnt seriously  ::)

Maaaybe because you didn't pay for it, instead just googled a free reg? Hope you can prove me wrong, else you're a complete douche, out in the open.

If you could read his post till the end (instead of replying after reading the first statement), you would know that he DID pay for it.

Offline Naughty Dog

• Major(1)
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2011, 10:56:58 am »
(...)
Open Config and enable VSYNC, FPS Limit(60) and High Resolution Timer options.

cool seems to work without even increasing the gpu clock thanks (300 instead of 800 mhz :E)

-

oh also i lagstart every round... takes ages for me to spawn :s
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 11:48:41 am by Naughty Dog »

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2011, 12:20:06 pm »
noticed this: on a random server after a map is finished you get kicked out or smth and you gotta rejoin

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2011, 02:16:13 pm »
I've just noticed a bug when OldScoreBoard in soldat.ini is enabled. I transffered textures,mods, profiles etc from 1.5.1 so it could be some text error[i think not]

both screens taken when playing on a CTF server

Im chill like that

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2011, 02:57:42 pm »
Here u can see main difference between 1.5 and 1.6 weapons mod:
http://legion2d.ru/sl/

P.S.: Barret really rock now!
Can you make it for Realistic...? Please  ;)

Offline TheV

• Soldier
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2011, 01:53:46 am »
Yeah, Hey Shoozza/Dev Team;

Why the fuck do you insist on "remaking" PERFECTLY good maps?
WHY the fuck do you INSIST on RUINING perfectly GOOD maps?

IF YOU WANT NEW MAPS IN THE GAME, MAKE NEW MAPS.
DON'T FUCKING CHANGE, THE MAPS THAT ARE ALREADY FUCKING THERE.

HOLY SHIT. YOU TOTALLY FUCKED UP, Snakebite, Run, and LANUBYA.

I'm sure you FUCKED up other maps too. Oh yeah KAMPF. SERIOUSLY... JUST MAKE NEW MAPS.

DON'T FUCK, with PERFECTLY GOOD maps.

Other than that Great job.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2011, 03:53:54 am »

Why the f**k do you insist on "remaking" PERFECTLY good maps?
WHY the f**k do you INSIST on RUINING perfectly GOOD maps?

DON'T f**kING CHANGE, THE MAPS THAT ARE ALREADY f**kING THERE.

HOLY s**t. YOU TOTALLY f**kED UP, Snakebite, Run, and LANUBYA.

I'm sure you f**kED up other maps too. Oh yeah KAMPF. SERIOUSLY... JUST MAKE NEW MAPS.

DON'T f**k, with PERFECTLY GOOD maps.

get a job + brain
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Mr.Dark

• Major(1)
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2011, 05:33:27 am »
Here u can see main difference between 1.5 and 1.6 weapons mod:
http://legion2d.ru/sl/

P.S.: Barret really rock now!
Can you make it for Realistic...? Please  ;)

No changes in weapons.realistic.ini: http://legion2d.ru/sl/real

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2011, 06:49:36 am »

Why the f**k do you insist on "remaking" PERFECTLY good maps?
WHY the f**k do you INSIST on RUINING perfectly GOOD maps?

DON'T f**kING CHANGE, THE MAPS THAT ARE ALREADY f**kING THERE.

HOLY s**t. YOU TOTALLY f**kED UP, Snakebite, Run, and LANUBYA.

I'm sure you f**kED up other maps too. Oh yeah KAMPF. SERIOUSLY... JUST MAKE NEW MAPS.

DON'T f**k, with PERFECTLY GOOD maps.

get a job + brain
@dardar no need to make him more angry with such a reply. He probably cares a lot about soldat.

@TheV Please relax next time before you post. Shouting doesn't help. I prefer a normal discussion.

I hadn't had the time to review the maps so I decided to let other people handle this stuff.
I am well aware that some people don't like remakes.
Will have to talk with the other devs about this when I finally have more time and when I've read the map suggestion thread.

Please make sure to state the issues you have with maps in the map suggestion thread (in a objective way).
I know you really care about Soldat so I trust you to think about our time and state your opinion in a way that makes it easy for us to understand you.

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully you can still enjoy Soldat ;).
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod