Author Topic: Polyworks cant save maps (I SPEND HOURS ON >:(((((((( )  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Aardman55

• Major(1)
  • Cookiez! Enough said.
Polyworks cant save maps (I SPEND HOURS ON >:(((((((( )
« on: September 16, 2011, 01:41:03 pm »
Yesterday i made 2 ctf maps (took like 5 hours) i told my friends on steam to wait and they wanted to play with me but i told to wait to show them my maps now when i was half finished, i saved the first map.
Then it didnt let me us anymore scenery, cause it was somehow broken and kept showing a red x
then i closed the map and loaded again but then the whole terrain was white and kept showing x's where the scenery is.
Im kinda sick of it cause in the second map it happened  too only then i first compiled to pms and then saved but again it just shown me the same white terrarain also when i only compile and not save its the same please help. :'(  im so sad about my friends waiting to see a map that then just appears white. I lost hours that i want back now
Let's do the whole ****in village!
- The Crazy Soldier, Platoon.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: Polyworks cant save maps (I SPEND HOURS ON >:(((((((( )
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 02:35:25 pm »
It may be the same problem I had with one of my maps before.. I think it happens when you stretch some of the sceneries to such ridiculous value that Polyworks (I assume that's what you used to make maps) can't load the sceneries properly next time you load that map.

Can you run those maps in Soldat? And if yes - are they still messed up? Also try opening them in a different map editor (like the old crappy official one which you can get from the official website) and see if it loads properly there.

Offline Aardman55

• Major(1)
  • Cookiez! Enough said.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 02:52:15 pm »
It may be the same problem I had with one of my maps before.. I think it happens when you stretch some of the sceneries to such ridiculous value that Polyworks (I assume that's what you used to make maps) can't load the sceneries properly next time you load that map.

Can you run those maps in Soldat? And if yes - are they still messed up? Also try opening them in a different map editor (like the old crappy official one which you can get from the official website) and see if it loads properly there.
Yes i stretched themto make it look better
and yes they work like normal in soldat.
Let's do the whole ****in village!
- The Crazy Soldier, Platoon.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 03:08:48 pm »
Then yeah, ridiculously stretched sceneries are probably the cause.. And there's no easy solution to this unfortunately. :/

You have a few options:
1) Wait until Fryer (current developer of Polyworks) fixes this bug (PM him or post a comment here to let him know).
2) Open a map in a different map editor and try to delete sceneries that may be causing the problem.
3) Get a program called Hex Workshop, load a file that contains the structure of pms files (I attached it in this comment), load the map and manually look for sceneries that have huge stretch value. Then change that value to something smaller. If you're not very experienced with computers - I suggest you don't bother. It's pretty advanced stuff, and even if you know it - it still takes a lot of time to check values of all the sceneries.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:11:14 pm by L[0ne]R »