Author Topic: SoldatAdminQT (Linux64 / Win32) - Soldat 1.6 / server 2.7.0  (Read 5074 times)

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
SoldatAdminQT (Linux64 / Win32) - Soldat 1.6 / server 2.7.0
« on: September 17, 2011, 05:09:28 pm »
Hello soldateers.

About a year ago I started this project but never released it. It's another soldat admin client with support for linux and windows. I currently updated it to work with and only with server 2.7.0 / soldat 1.6.0. It's written in C++ and uses the Qt framework.

Screenshots:
(Note HWID might look weird on some lines, this is because those players are bots. Should appear normal on usual players)

Features:
  • Soldat 1.6.0 support
  • Spectator view
  • Easy to manage multiple servers
  • Cross platform support
  • Open source
  • Colour coded log

Missing features that some might miss (doubtful that I'll still implement those):
  • No flags in player table
  • No scripting features
  • No extended commands list available, gotta have that knowledge yourself :)

Getting it to work:
I currently compiled 2 versions, One for win32 and one for linux 64 bit. You can find those here:
If you don't know which one you need, you'll need the Win32 one. It has to be extracted using an extractor supporting 7zip (freely available). After that all you need to do is run the executable.
For linux it should also be as easy as running the executable. You might need to install the Qt libraries if you haven't done so already. Do that using your distributions' package manager!

Note: if your soldat isn't installed in C:\Soldat then please edit the settings! Otherwise it won't be able to load the spectator view as it can't find the maps.

I've got fairly little feedback of how well it works on other computers so if any issues getting it to run pop up please tell!

You can find the source here: Source
It's a linux netbeans project. So if you use that it should be fairly easy to run, otherwise you might need to do some extra work to get it to compile.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: SoldatAdminQT (Linux64 / Win32) - Soldat 1.6 / server 2.7.0
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 08:10:25 pm »
Well done!

Found a few bugs:
Menu->Help->About doesn't work
Changing the Soldat patch requires a restart to make maps render correctly.
Doubleclicking on the name Team etc in the Playerlist will allow you to edit them (but they get overwritten after next refeshx :P)

/clientlist command is missing :P
Example output form ARSSE:
(03:00:29) [ª] Shoozza: ARSSE 1.2.9.69 dev (91.17.214.37)
The template is:
[ª] <admin nickname>: <adminclient> <version>

But it has the basic features ;)

Good job.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 08:48:13 pm »
Wow, that's really beautiful. Nice job.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Prodigyx

• Soldier
    • SoldatX Brasil
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 10:55:42 pm »
Nice job. Keep going with your project.

Bug: Nick column is shown too small.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 11:11:31 pm by Prodigyx »
SoldatX - SX Brasil - www.soldatx.com

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 12:19:04 am »
hehe, yet another Baka Admin rival...

I guess that major problem with this initial release is that it continuously leaks video memory (and probably RAM as well) and crashes eventually if spectate tab is active.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:21:58 am by VirtualTT »

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 01:57:36 am »
Thanks for the kind words and bug reports, I'll fix those ASAP!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 02:55:46 am »
Some stuff now that I got it running. I couldn't get it to open in Netbeans but I was able to compile it with "make -f nbproject/Makefile-Release.mk" which placed a binary in "dist/Debug/GNU-Linux-x86/SoldatAdminQT". (I'm on Debian Squeeze x64 btw)

Anyway:

- You probably should add alt parameters to the menu. Not sure what they're really called, but you know, you press alt, the first letter in File, Edit, and Help get underlined and you can nav the menus using the arrow keys and letters that match

- Maybe have #ifdefs in place to not automatically make the Edit > Settings > Soldat path option have C:\Soldat\ in it on *nix?

- Have it check and see if soldat path you give exists

- When I try to have it connect to a Soldat server, it just freezes for a sec and nothing happens. You should probably try using nonblocking sockets with select() or a separate thread for each server connection so the interface doesn't freeze when you're waiting on a recv/send/etc to finish. Or are you using Qt's network libs? It'd be neat if someone made a c/c++ admin client using libevent for receiving data from the server. (forgive my rambling) Sorry, I haven't glanced at your src yet but I intend to. And it'd be great if it gave an indication to why it can't connect instead of just temporarily freezing

- Why didn't you name it QTSoldatAdmin? QT is really pronounced cute and it'd be kinda cool to have a "Cute Soldat Admin" (sorry, further rambling)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:01:10 am by jrgp »

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 05:27:30 am »
... and what about linux32 build?
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 08:12:24 am »
... and what about linux32 build?

It gave me a libc error so compiling from source (nothing wrong with that and most unix software is distributed in source form anyway) was the only option.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 12:27:30 pm »
Good job! Competition is a good way to keep various projects on top of their game, bug-free[ish], user friendly, and featureful. Good luck with this project. Hope to see this thrive.