Author Topic: Looking for new people to play with  (Read 2161 times)

Offline ali

• Major(1)
Looking for new people to play with
« on: October 03, 2011, 06:06:35 am »
I quit soldat for a few years and have gone a little rusty :D. Looking for others like me or newbies to soldat to play together with. PM me or post here and we can setup a time to play?

Bumpp. I'll take anyone whether you're new or not. If you're looking for someone to play regularly with, PM me or post!!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 07:06:52 pm by ali »

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
Re: Looking for new people to play with
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 06:13:13 pm »
Soldat is dead, you aren't gonna find anyone.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 08:28:17 am »
No, you're wrong! New update shows that the Soldat is going to be revived!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 09:14:30 am »
Ignore miketh. Haters gotta hate.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 12:02:46 pm »

Haven't gotten any smarter than when you set the record for being the dumbest cunt here a few years back, I see.

Soldat isn't dead and 1.6 is bringing it back. Or maybe you haven't heard the big news, considering that epic rock you live under.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 01:34:50 pm »
Getting some big gaming sites to report about 1.6 would be good. Also, if you want to play regularly 1vs1, better get an irl friend playing :)
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 02:29:33 pm »
Getting some big gaming sites to report about 1.6 would be good. Also, if you want to play regularly 1vs1, better get an irl friend playing :)
After hotfix :P Btw. http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=41181.0

Offline dezerteuR

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 03:51:24 pm »
Check this and this thread!

It's about bringing back some activity into soldat.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 12:42:53 pm »
just get on Quakenet and gather :) gathers still active as ever!
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 04:14:21 am »
But gathers aren't for "newbies"...

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 08:28:01 pm »

Even if one is competent enough to use IRC and get the concept of gathering, you're still going to get your ass completely whooped if you're new to the game itself.

There are people who gather who literally never use their computer for anything other than competitive Soldat. They're simply godlike.

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 10:56:25 pm »

Even if one is competent enough to use IRC and get the concept of gathering, you're still going to get your ass completely whooped if you're new to the game itself.

There are people who gather who literally never use their computer for anything other than competitive Soldat. They're simply godlike. They're virgins.
Fixed.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 12:40:27 am »

There are people who gather who literally never use their computer for anything other than competitive Soldat. They're simply godlike. They're virgins.
Fixed.

Either way, they'll beat you into the ground so hard and accuse you of epic noobery to the point of you not even enjoying it.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 12:55:18 am »
They're virgins.
Calling opponents as virgins has never helped me on gather... -.-

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 08:08:41 am »

Fixed.

Either way, they'll beat you into the ground so hard and accuse you of epic noobery to the point of you not even enjoying it.
you sound like it would turn you on... [pigtail]

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 03:06:02 pm »

Haven't gotten any smarter than when you set the record for being the dumbest cunt here a few years back, I see.

Soldat isn't dead and 1.6 is bringing it back. Or maybe you haven't heard the big news, considering that epic rock you live under.

If I'm the dumbest cunt around, you aren't any smarter than me for thinking updates can revive a game whose players and most of it's fanbase have already left.

I still don't see anyone wanting to be ali's partner.

An old friend of mine who was an admin on my servers and mysteriously disappeared because his computer broke down has come back to script again only to come to the same conclusion: Soldat is almost dead.

There needs to be an influx of new players AND new servers for it to be revived, and I don't see that happening. No one is hosting new servers anymore. With only normal CTF for new players to play, they won't stick around for long.

I was chatting with Iq Unlimited on Terraria IRC chat and he too has stopped playing Soldat because of it's inactivity. Updates don't bring in new players by themselves.

Just wait until the inevitable Soldat sequel comes either by MM when Link-Dead fails miserably, by the Dev Team if they are capable of such a huge task, or by someone else who sees the bulging potential of such an awesome game.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline ali

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 09:19:03 pm »
Have to say I kinda agree with mike, all the servers I see around are capture the flag, why did people stop hosting deathmatch and teammatch, rambo match, inflitration, etc?

Offline Kaze

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
  • Arc-En-CieL
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 05:08:51 am »
miketh2005 :You know what kills the game , its people who thinks the same way as you do . Yes , the game activity is less higher than it was years ago but thats pretty much normal , we all started this game when we were around 10 to 15 years old its been years and we've grown and feel like its time to stop playing games. For those who stayed , they limit themselves to the public servers or only one gamemode .
For example , i know some players who've never tried anything but HnS ( Hide And Seek) for years and when they discovered that they were some other modes , they were like oh cooolll...

But yeah my point is the activity isnt as high as it was , because some people have grown and left and as for the people that stayed we basically spread into different gamemodes such as HnS , Snipe and Slice Servers ( Which is kinda Capture the flag too , but a different gameplay in itself)  , Capture the Flag , DeathMatch , Infiltration  etc and some just focus on the competitive gameplay.. But keep in mind , that many of us do play competitive soldat and basically  come in public servers just to chill around 5 to 10 mins because if all of the competitive players were to start playing public servers on a regular basis , you would think that the activity of soldat is high.

As for the public servers , don't forget that right now people are updating so the servers in 1.6.2 are pretty much empty but when 1.6.1 was running . I could see when i was monitoring Zabijaka's servers and Pure CTF servers that they were full so yeah Ali , keep in mind that people usually play in the same servers everyday because they like stability and a good environment so try to get into those servers.

@jrgp : 'Some' Competitive players might call new people in gathers/cws 'newbs' but keep in mind that you cant generalize it to the whole competitive scene , in fact we like fresh meat , furthermore everyone who played soldat all started at a 'noob' level and the point is to improve everyday .

So i invite everyone who wants to test gathers or clanwars to give it a try

For more informations : www.sctfl.net

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:12:06 am by Kaze »

Offline Wes

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 02:06:45 pm »

You said it : )

I love the new version if only just for the new maps and remakes. They definitely breathe new life into the game.

Soldat rules.