Author Topic: [Pure] CTF / CTF Custom / DM  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
[Pure] CTF / CTF Custom / DM
« on: November 15, 2011, 03:28:39 pm »
Hey guys,

Many of the current public soldat servers specialize in more exotic sub-gamemodes (like Climbing, Trenchwar, Knife only, Dodgeball, ...). As a result, fewer and fewer people seem to be playing Soldat in its vanilla form (the default CTF gamemode). We intend to change this with our [Pure] servers.

The goal of our [Pure] servers is to offer attractive gameplay for both competitive players and newcomers. Our servers are set up with the current default SCTFL (Soldat Capture the Flag League) settings, which makes them suitable as training servers for most Soldat leagues.

• Speed: 100mbit/100mbit

We have 3 servers running right now, two CTF and one DM. The second CTF server runs custom maps only:

The scripts on the servers are all homemade (Although for some issues a script was already available, I noticed that my server became unstable. Plus the coding experience doesn't hurt :) ). When I'm sure they are mature enough to be released I will post it on the scripting releases board:

• Bots are added when there's a very low amount of players
  • Auto balance
  • AFK'ers are moved to spectators after 25 seconds
  • Spectators don't take up extra slots. When a player joins spectator, another spot is freed for a normal player.
  • Simple hints (Map-specific, Gamemode specific and general) are given from time to time.
  • Minigun is limited to one per team (No limit on DM)

The mapslist for the normal CTF and DM include nearly all maps for that gamemode. The custom server currently has the following mapslist:

• ctf_bassaliens0
  • ctf_Bone
  • ctf_Cruz
  • ctf_Gloom
  • ctf_Pyrenees2
  • ctf_Razer

More information can be found on the following links:

As usual, criticism or suggestions are very welcome. I will check both the topic here and on SCTFL regularly for any comments. You can also always reach me via PM / email. I'm also available on IRC (Quakenet): #PureCTF / #soldiersnightmare.

Hope you guys have fun on it!

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
Re: [Pure] CTF / CTF Custom / DM
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 04:08:23 pm »
Fine servers... And you host them on your own domain (i mean about ip adress)! Now you can make even Zitro-stats and maybe some chat connection between servers and IRC.. I don't know, just keep those servers alive!

And thanks for adding my map to custom CTF :)

Btw. afker's kicker would be better after, mhm, 1 minute...?

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
Re: [Pure] CTF / CTF Custom / DM
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 05:01:42 am »
Ah, so you are the owner of those.. Played on them a few times as I saw that they were new over the last beta's.
Good luck with it! (I may have to make a map or two to test)
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.